The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

Pleeease hahahaha, if she sees this we're all faded to have a dvd with performances switching from coloured to b&w (or we're already faded to any other kind of disaster she wants to do editing the show, after all it's Madonna we're talking about) :Madonna023:

I loved Music on RHT because it was such a colourful fun performance. Then she goes and makes it black and white :laughing:

Im guessing Don’t Tell Me on this tour will be sepia :laughing:

3 hours ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

The rap part of this presentation still doesn't convince me. It would have been much better without it in my opinion. The final part, however, is the most emotional of the entire tour in terms of the feeling she puts into singing. It's a shame that because of rap this is not one of my favorite parts of the tour.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I loved Music on RHT because it was such a colourful fun performance. Then she goes and makes it black and white :laughing:

Im guessing Don’t Tell Me on this tour will be sepia :laughing:

I just hope she doesn't screw up with Live to Tell,  Bad Girl, Erotica/Justify and Vogue

13 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

The rap part of this presentation still doesn't convince me. It would have been much better without it in my opinion. The final part, however, is the most emotional of the entire tour in terms of the feeling she puts into singing. It's a shame that because of rap this is not one of my favorite parts of the tour.

It is one of my favourite parts. It was very powerful when I first saw it. Even though I love this song I think the rap was always sort of daft.

”My father had to go to werk I used to think he was a jerk” :laughing:

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It is one of my favourite parts. It was very powerful when I first saw it. Even though I love this song I think the rap was always sort of daft.

”My father had to go to werk I used to think he was a jerk” :laughing:

American Life must be the album with the worst lyrics in Madonna's entire catalog. And with this I don't mean that the other albums stand out in that aspect because unfortunately there are few Madonna songs where the lyrics have really surprised me. If at least in this aspect she were like Shakira, a Latin artist, whose lyrics of her songs have always caught my attention due to their quality. And I use Shakira as an example because no other artist comes to mind no matter how much I think about it.

While Shakira: "I run out of plot and methodology, every time your anatomy appears in front of me..."

Madonna: "This guy was meant for me, And I was meant for him, This guy was dreamt for me, And I was dreamt for him ..."

Madonna should definitely hire better songwriters in the future. You can't pay someone to write... that.

9 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

American Life must be the album with the worst lyrics in Madonna's entire catalog. And with this I don't mean that the other albums stand out in that aspect because unfortunately there are few Madonna songs where the lyrics have really surprised me. If at least in this aspect she were like Shakira, a Latin artist, whose lyrics of her songs have always caught my attention due to their quality. And I use Shakira as an example because no other artist comes to mind no matter how much I think about it.

While Shakira: "I run out of plot and methodology, every time your anatomy appears in front of me..."

Madonna: "This guy was meant for me, And I was meant for him, This guy was dreamt for me, And I was dreamt for him ..."

Madonna should definitely hire better songwriters in the future. You can't pay someone to write... that.

Well she got a whole writing camp in for rebel heart and that album contains some of her best lyrics ever. Yet American Life is still a much better album overall.

10 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Are you a troll  ??? :lol:

7 hours ago, stefo said:

Thank you Angelo, I checked, you're right. I remembered wrong, sorry @migsou. These are their coreos, according to their posts:

Nothing really matters (Asst Graham tech Jacquelyn Elder)
Papa don't preach (ref @vlpla ’s original choreo)
Bad Girl
The beast within (asst Jacquelyn Elders and @isaiacheck)
Don't cry for me Argentina
I don't search I find (LAHORDE & @bobthedragqueen asst waacking tech @princesslockerooo )
Ray of light (asst Jacquelyn Elders and @isaiacheck)
Rain / Frozen

So also the Rain/Frozen number is their work. Actually Cherkaoui said his coreo for Frozen was substituted by the Rain number and I thought she just changed the song, it's not the case apparently. I have to say that all these coreos, the Lahorde ones, are my least favourite ones tbh (and it's coherent they also worked on TBW, as I always felt that, especially the second part of the performance, when all the dancers are on the center platform was weak). 

Jalet worked on Justify my love and Die another day, the BEST numbers of the show, in terms of theatricality imo, Cherkaoui on Holiday, Like a Prayer and Bedtime Story, all pretty good, Hung up and Don't tell me are reworks of the original coreos (probably Jamie King's work). I'm still curious about the Erotica/You thrill me coreographer. 

I am certain that Jalet also worked on LFL and Live To Tell

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

American Life must be the album with the worst lyrics in Madonna's entire catalog. 

When I was young, I thought American life was boring, but I was wrong. As I get older (turning 30 soon), I appreciate this album more. The simplicity of the lyrics gives me comfort and warmth, and I can relate to the lyrics. This album has, in fact, some of her lyrically best songs. But that's just my opinion :)

1 hour ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Are you a troll  ??? :lol:

Troll me? ha ha. No, not at all dear. I was simply highlighting a defect that not only Madonna but many artists have in not caring too much or not being creative enough when writing the lyrics of their songs and limiting themselves to simplicity and generalism. That is why I highlighted Shakira as the only artist I know, surely there are others too, who certainly excels in that aspect reaching almost poetic levels.

Where life begins.

"Sometimes when I come home from a hard day at work
I swear it's all I can think about!"

Incredible 

"It's time to get your hands up
It's time to get your body grovin'
It's time to get your hands up
It's time to get your body grovin'"

Hearbeat

"See my booty get down like (uh)
See my booty get down like (c'mon, uh)
See my booty get down like (lower, uh)
See my booty get down like (little lower baby, uh)"

I'm not criticizing Madonna but only those who write the lyrics to her songs.

8 hours ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Seeing her Sunday, the suspense is building! Can't wait for my fourth show and my sister's first time seeing her! :drama:My mom told us at the last minute she wants to go so gonna try to get her a ticket before showtime or do Dallas night 2. 

Yeiiiii!!! 🙌🏼

Do both shows! 

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Troll me? ha ha. No, not at all dear. I was simply highlighting a defect that not only Madonna but many artists have in not caring too much or not being creative enough when writing the lyrics of their songs and limiting themselves to simplicity and generalism. That is why I highlighted Shakira as the only artist I know, surely there are others too, who certainly excels in that aspect reaching almost poetic levels.

Where life begins.

Incredible 

Hearbeat

She writes allot herself...

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

That is why I highlighted Shakira as the only artist I know, surely there are others too, who certainly excels in that aspect reaching almost poetic levels.

the poetry:

Cambiaste un Ferrari por un Twingo, cambiaste un Rolex por un Casio
Vas acelera'o, dale despacio

==========================================

Le-do-lo-le-lo-le, le-do-lo-le-lo-le
Whenever, wherever, We're meant to be together
I'll be there, and you'll be near, And that's the deal, my dear

==========================================

Don't wait up
Don't wait up, up, up, up, up
Don't wait up
Don't wait up, up, up, up, up
Don't be afraid if it gets late, yeah
You'll survive, it's just one night
Don't wait up
Don't wait up, up, up, up, up, up, up

:02:

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Where life begins.

Incredible 

Hearbeat

Your example are songs that don't need any level of poetry to be valid. The whole reason of why Madonna became so big it's proprably because she was always capable of making song with simple lyrics but with a strong impact. Holiday, everybody, into the groove are all song with lyrics so simple that everybody can connect with, and that's the essence of popular music. Simple lyrics are not necessarly bad or less meaningful that lyrics more poetry. Where life begins for example is a song about orale Sex for women. Admit in a song for a women in the 90s that she want a partner that satisfay her in that way after a day of work (like most Men in the past that come back home after work and find her wife ready to do it) it's not so ordinary. Sometimes songs can assume new meaning in some contest. Michael dango explain in his book why Erotica was so related with AIDS even though only one song really talk about it. 

By the way she is co-writing her songs not every songs but if she decided to sing that means she found those right and her catalogue is full with poetic lyrics.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Madonna writes the lyrics to her songs

I did not know that. Generally, I have never been interested in finding out who is behind Madonna's albums or any other artist. I have never been interested in knowing who the musicians are, the backup singers, the one who does the mixing, the  writers, etc. Simply knowing who the producer is was more than enough for me. That's why I didn't know that Madonna was also the writer of her own songs. However, I still think that she should better hire a qualified composer and improve in that aspect. Of course, if she wants it. It's just my opinion as a fan.