The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

On 4/7/2024 at 9:21 PM, Roland Barthes said:

It's something i don't want to experience again hahaha. First night of DWT in Paris. She was pissed off and it could be felt. IT was like a very agressive energy coming at you and it pissed me off. She was much cooler the next day. 

My friend was there, it was her first show this tour and she had an amazing time. She thought it was part of the show :laughing:

Apparently Madonna was up there yelling “Guy?? Sarah?? Anyone??”

Finally back from Tampa. Had to accommodate the boyfriend by going to his horror convention since he came to Madonna with me. Both were awesome no complaints. I missed the Tampa discussion. Was anyone else here that went to that one? The vocals were a struggle but she flexed her bicep at one point and I was like “damn, that’s impressive Madame”.  

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah but going off in front of 20,000 people? :laughing: I love her but I think she should keep these rants for backstage personally. Especially berating people that work for her in front of everyone. Not cool.

Yes, I agree - and to stop your concert and threaten to not continue if they don't - in front of 20,000 paying people - not professional and not cool (no pun intended lol).

But I get it - cold air is not good for your vocals or joints - so totally understand why she'd want it to be warmer.

She had no issue with the air conditioning in Sydney - when she came here for RH.

10 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yes, I agree - and to stop your concert and threaten to not continue if they don't - in front of 20,000 paying people - not professional and not cool (no pun intended lol).

But I get it - cold air is not good for your vocals or joints - so totally understand why she'd want it to be warmer.

She had no issue with the air conditioning in Sydney - when she came here for RH.

Isn’t it that she wants it off? I just assumed that was what she was on about…. Or she’s now saying she wants it on?

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Isn’t it that she wants it off? I just assumed that was what she was on about…. Or she’s now saying she wants it on?

No, she wanted it off - but I'm saying, she had no issue with it on when she was in Australia lol

5 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Did we have a thread related to Vogue bish?

Does anyone have a favourite?

so far mine is David Harbour 

Ricky Martin’s Bonner ooooops 

Did I say something wrong or funny?
Oops, I didn't know I couldn't talk about sex
(I must've been crazy)
Did I stay too long?
Oops, I didn't know I couldn't speak my mind
(What was I thinking)
And I'm not sorry (I'm not sorry)
I'm not sorry 🎶🤘🏼🎵

On 4/8/2024 at 11:33 AM, David3333 said:

I have the world’s shortest memory sometimes, I swear. What happened at the end of the RH Tour?

Rocco family drama and end of tour burn out, but we also got TOAC as her outlet which was a great way to be sad and perform (pity they broke the promise on releasing it)

I wish she would channel it into writing some ballads and avoid the dance artist box she puts herself in 

3 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Does anyone know what's going on with the mexican dates of the tour? It seems she's about to cancel the dates according to some insiders on twitter...

Hmm. Maybe she’s sick. Her voice seemed to take a turn after LA. And her agitation is high. Perhaps she’s worn out from rehearsal, I’d imagine she’s preparing for Rio. I hope she doesn’t cancel Mexican dates though. We’ll never hear the end of it from the fans lmfao.

I hope the LA dates were filmed for the official film of the tour the shows looked incredible on all the clips  - she seems tired now and her voice not as strong . I would be too after such a gruelling schedule 

Her voice has good nights and bad nights. This has been the case throughout the tour, including in LA where she even had a night when she lost her entire upper register during Mother and Father, stating it herself for the record onstage. I highly doubt she is thinking of canceling her Mexico dates. Sounds like the usual dramatic fantasies people come up with on that absurd platform of bile. She has four nights off after tomorrow’s show, and then another five nights off between Austin and Mexico City. She then has a week to prepare for Rio. She’s gonna be fine. 

49 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I hope the LA dates were filmed for the official film of the tour the shows looked incredible on all the clips  - she seems tired now and her voice not as strong . I would be too after such a gruelling schedule 

Not just LA. Europe had some amazing nights to.

1 hour ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Does anyone know what's going on with the mexican dates of the tour? It seems she's about to cancel the dates according to some insiders on twitter...

Mind me asking who is saying that? I'm on twitter and haven't seen that

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I would actually love that. Less shows but even more epic.

that is now a possibility! she restored her reputation as a live act with 'celebration' for the general public and she gained her own confidence back. i would love another 'greatest hits' stadium tour. 

7 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Next tour should be stadiums with the dates scattered throughout where she gets 4-5 days off in between shows 

Yeah, I can totally see the next proper tour being a huge global one stretched over 2 years but in 6 week stints with a month or two between each leg.

What I'd really love for her to do next though would be a month-long NYC residency with an orchestra for a slower show where she doesn't need to move much but gets to perform all her ballads and all of the songs with amazing string arrangements that never get performed (because the cost of a 20 piece string section)... No dancers, just 50 musicians on stage behind her. Imagine hearing Papa Don't Preach, Frozen, Don't Tell MeEasy Ride and the whole STR album at Carnegie Hall or The Met. Mainly, I just don't want her to go to her grave without having given I'll Remember and TUTBMP the performance that they deserve.

I agree it's not cool for the audience but again she must be terrified to be sick again after last june's trauma. At every arena show i attended the heat was too much so it must be in her rider first than they did not comply after she must have asked them more than once. After all she's renting the venue, she's their client (and we're hers) it's not professional on their part either.