The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I am honestly a little scared about that section, the cut off one (4 minutes, Back that up, Candy shop and Music). Apparently it was staged like a kind of dance battle between her and the dancers. The weakest parts of the whole show are the first three tracks after NRM and BIM imo. Now we don't know how it worked actually BUT I'm not sure about an entire section of dancey numbers (with strong and got up to speed coreos she is still excellent though, she's still got it - in Hung up or Don't tell me for example). What we know is that the tracks were not that incredible andΒ she cut it off so maybe not the most convincing part of the show.

You know wich song rehearsed till a very few weeks before the debut night I would really love to see staged? Oh father ... and of course I really can't see it happeningΒ :lol:Β 

Now I know it’s typical of me to be on the express yourself train, but wasn’t music and EY supposed to be in a section that was chopped? I didn’t know CS was considered πŸ’€
But also, you find the beginning weak? I dunno maybe theme wise. It’s a story so I can see how you’d think that. Song wise it’s fairly strong, no, big hits. I guess I see where you’re coming from.

Β 

Just now, Andymad said:

Now I know it’s typical of me to be on the express yourself train, but wasn’t music and EY supposed to be in a section that was chopped? I didn’t know CS was considered πŸ’€

I remember 4 minutes, candy shop, back that up and music, but I could be wrongΒ :cute:

1 hour ago, stefo said:

The weakest parts of the whole show are the first three tracks after NRM and BIM imo.

:Madonna033:

Oh I fundamentally DISAGREE with that part.

Those classic 80s numbers are brilliant fun, the costume design is gorgeous, and integral to that era...esp. Into The Groove.

What we know is that the tracks were not that incredible andΒ she cut it off so maybe not the most convincing part of the show.

:Madonna032:

"Not that incredible"... uh, Music says otherwise. Most of those songs would have been great live, and would have added a great punch to the latter part of the show.

As for being cut, it's rumored to be because of the health issue (could she have handled it physically), and the show running long already. I don't remember anything alluding to it "not being convincing".

Arc wise, the shortfall of the tour is… it’s literally the offspring of many months creating her biopic. So the story is right there. I wouldn’t call it a greatest hits tour per-say. I think that would have turned out like RIT. Which is not horrible. I think the highlight of the tour changed. If she hadn’t gotten sick this would be a very different show I think. We’ve been blessed to get this raw emotional side of her. And I truly think she’s been blessed to finally share that side of her with us.

30 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

:Madonna033:

Oh I fundamentally DISAGREE with that part.

Those classic 80s numbers are brilliant fun, the costume design is gorgeous, and integral to that era...esp. Into The Groove.

:Madonna032:

"Not that incredible"... uh, Music says otherwise. Most of those songs would have been great live, and would have added a great punch to the latter part of the show.

As for being cut, it's rumored to be because of the health issue (could she have handled it physically), and the show running long already. I don't remember anything alluding to it "not being convincing".

I understand, sorry. Of course thosee are just my feelings about it. I really don't feel E, ITG and BU, I don't like the coreos, the costumes are way too much for me and I also rarely feel the energy at a high level. I like the ITG finale thoughΒ :cute: For me, after NRM, the show starts from OYH and I would not change ANYTHING till BIM.

I agree about Music being great, it's my favourite light dance track with Deeper and deeper, Express yourself and Living for love, it's amazing.

About the reasons of the final scrap, of course it was about not stressing her body too much, what I was supposing is that if it were too brilliant or essential they could not cut it out. Said that, I'd be happy if she performed it, I don't wanna be misinterpeted about that. It's just that what I read did not convince me, but - you know - it's all just "on paper", nobody everΒ really watched itΒ so ...Β 

6 minutes ago, stefo said:

I understand, sorry. Of course thosee are just my feelings about it. I really don't feel E, ITG and BU, I don't like the coreos, the costumes are way too much for me and I also rarely feel the energy at a high level. I like the ITG finale thoughΒ :cute: For me, after NRM, the show starts from OYH and I would not change ANYTHING till BIM.

I agree about Music being great, it's my favourite light dance track with Deeper and deeper, Express yourself and Living for love, it's amazing.

About the reasons of the final scrap, of course it was about not stressing her body too much, what I was supposing is that if it were too brilliant or essential they could not cut it out. Said that, I'd be happy if she performed it, I don't wanna be misinterpeted about that. It's just that what I read did not convince me, but - you know - it's all just "on paper", nobody everΒ really watched itΒ so ...Β 

Again, no.

:laughing:

As she was seriously ill, there were rumors that the opening songs had changed to "nothing really matter" at the last minute. If that rumor was true. Then I wondering at this point is whether Madonna will perform with original set list in Brazil. I certainly doubt about it but who knows? There's rumors going around she will add new 2~3 songs, So who knows?

• Enrico unfeatured this topic