Erotica + Boxing: Why?

luis-rj

I didn't notice there was a deeper meaning other than referencing Hard Candy/ Sticky & Sweet Tour/ M-Dolla but linking it to the struggle and Girlie Show... oh boy, now I love that performance even more haha :tongue:

Edited by stickersweeter (see edit history)

Well I suppose boxers are the epitome of testosterone. Then Erotica is a BDSM manifesto, so some kind of brutality and the idea of strenght and power are part of the imaginary. I think it fits the mood, she used it already in the GS. She was also referring to the Hard Candy image, I agree (and she is seeing a boxer at the moment, if I'm not wrong :smokey:).

Anyway, that's one of the main qualities of this show, the fluid and creative way in wich she's able to spread all the signs and the memories.

I think for her that's also an image of raw masculinity at least a social perception of being manly. And she always plays a lot with the dichotomy of genders and social roles. Express Yourself video when she is suited and powerful but then sensual and feline. In Hard Candy with the boxing attire. Die Another Day even the Cowgirl theme for Music and the Soldier for AL, they are representing roles that we tend to pair with men.

In the GS in particular they are in Erotica and you see these girls dancing on the right with each other really physical and the guys boxing on the left. During a song that talks about letting yourself go and allow to encounter pleasure. Even if you face 'a little bit of pain'. It's tenderness on the feminine side vs fighting on the masculine side.

Even if the allegory is linked with S&M it might be reflect about abandoning societal roles and enjoy yourself . Enjoy a healthy sexual life doing what you please.

39 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I think for her that's also an image of raw masculinity at least a social perception of being manly. And she always plays a lot with the dichotomy of genders and social roles. Express Yourself video when she is suited and powerful but then sensual and feline. In Hard Candy with the boxing attire. Die Another Day even the Cowgirl theme for Music and the Soldier for AL, they are representing roles that we tend to pair with men.

In the GS in particular they are in Erotica and you see these girls dancing on the right with each other really physical and the guys boxing on the left. During a song that talks about letting yourself go and allow to encounter pleasure. Even if you face 'a little bit of pain'. It's tenderness on the feminine side vs fighting on the masculine side.

Even if the allegory is linked with S&M it might be reflect about abandoning societal roles and enjoy yourself . Enjoy a healthy sexual life doing what you please.

Beautifully said! Wow. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...