Least favorite album

Honey Little

1 hour ago, mirtillo said:

Music stations always play the same songs
I'm bored with the concept of right and wrong

To wave the white flag: I was singing this tune earlier this morning. Flawless.

I am aware tis not the actual thread to do it so, but, anyways, answering u THAT question: I meant ALL words from the post I shared - they're few compared to others from other posts of mine. If you use Chrome browser, I do suggest you click on the names of the Brazilian people I named and know something about them and why they do have something in common to M.

And about THAT other question... Dietrich's waltz for The Blue Angel =/= Evgeni's waltz for W.E. (they do have in common the denouncing of women being oppressed by men, but to very opposite approaches, ok?)

Madame X. What a shitshow. The thing with M's albums is either instantly loved or will grow on you but boy,.. Madame X is really is on the bottom of the barrel. Autotune is played to death, you can't even recognize M's voice. Lyrically is awkward overall. It's like listening your old aunt talking about her sex life at the family dinner. Yuck. Thank God none of the songs included in Celebration Tour.

Just now, Chrato74 said:

Madame X. What a shitshow. The thing with M's albums is either instantly loved or will grow on you but boy,.. Madame X is really is on the bottom of the barrel. Autotune is played to death, you can't even recognize M's voice. Lyrically is awkward overall. It's like listening your old aunt talking about her sex life at the family dinner. Yuck. Thank God none of the songs included in Celebration Tour.

U should learn Portuguese to get this album. In fact, the Portuguese lyrics to MX songs are much better than the English ones, something typical from Mirwaïs' production.

If only MX were only in Portuguese... But the arseholes who believe English is the only worth language of the world would never appreciate it.

26 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

U should learn Portuguese to get this album. In fact, the Portuguese lyrics to MX songs are much better than the English ones, something typical from Mirwaïs' production.

If only MX were only in Portuguese... But the arseholes who believe English is the only worth language of the world would never appreciate it.

It's not about the language. All languages are beautiful. But it's just the way she formulated the songs and lyrics. It's all over the place. Like in Batuka, WTF is she singing about? Basically she just blurted out the word Halleluyah and yelled eooo...eoooo. I know that she wanted to say about something but it never actually came out of her mouth. Sometimes I wonder, Is this same woman who wrote songs in Ray of Light? or Like a Prayer? Makes you think who actually responsible writing her old songs...hmm...

5 minutes ago, Chrato74 said:

It's not about the language. All languages are beautiful. But it's just the way she formulated the songs and lyrics. It's all over the place. Like in Batuka, WTF is she singing about? Basically she just blurted out the word Halleluyah and yelled eooo...eoooo. I know that she wanted to say about something but it never actually came out of her mouth. Sometimes I wonder, Is this same woman who wrote songs in Ray of Light? or Like a Prayer? Makes you think who actually responsible writing her old songs...hmm...

We can put the blame on Mirwaïs, can't we? People are used to say Starrah's songs > Mirwaïs' ones but her stuff's actually listenable and understandable (in any language). Plus Billboard's production (I mean Billboard the producer not Billboard the magazine) made them still look "Portuguese" without being cliché ("Crave" is the most obvious case).

2 hours ago, dave2290 said:

madame x is the less commercial project M make it.... but there are songs who are amazings..... looking for mercy, god control, i dont search i find, future....

Mer girl is not commercial but it is interesting, poetic, and she sings it like an angel, the perfect way of ending such a Masterpiece of a record. Madame x is simply bad.

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I had no idea some of her fans don't like Madame X. It's arguably the album that made me a true fan of Madonna. I think it's her best album since Confessions. Back to her experimental artistry.

Agree. Madame X is amazing for its variety and artistry. Even the videos were amazing (ignoring God Control vid and song which were so close to an effective message but squibbed it)

My least fav is MDNA (obviously), a few bits to love (Gang Bang, Love spent, sinner, falling free) but overall a populist pandering hodgepodge for Madonna standards. You need to be on something brain numbing to listen through some girls and superstar

I hope for the day the team change significantly and realize Madonna is not a dance artist. Pandering to that subset really damaged the brand l think

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

MDNA would be my least fave. Hard Candy is a close second.

I know how you feel. If I had turned into a M stan in the 80's or the 90's naturally would despise these particular albums. In fact, MDNA is just starting leaving the bad taste it has given in my mouth for years. Hard Candy was another story as it was the apex of my M idolatry. Would love to feel what I felt in 2008 if I had got how.