New York City, USA [Sept 16th/17th/19th]

groovyguy

https://instagram.com/boyg0newild/

the unapologetic boy tonight

His name is David and he called Madonna "Bitch" :)

He shouted at her, "Bitch, I'm in Ur Gang!"

I actually found that kinda rude, yet funny at the same time.

If I were the unapologetic bitch on stage, I would be calling M "Queen" & not Bitch!

Madonna with David on stage last night. Alicia Keys, Sean Penn & Chris Rock also attended 2nd (sold-out) show in NYC.

Posted Image

Due to a bunch of distractions around me, it was difficult to get good quality video and I had to adjust the angle several times, but I got really good close ups of WTG, RH, and La Vie En Rose with speeches that I'm uploading.

The screens don't really do the show justice either though.  Admittedly, I was focused on looking at Madonna up close, but the few times I glanced at the screens, they didn't really show what was going on on stage or with her in particular.

Due to a bunch of distractions around me, it was difficult to get good quality video and I had to adjust the angle several times, but I got really good close ups of WTG, RH, and La Vie En Rose with speeches that I'm uploading.

The screens don't really do the show justice either though.  Admittedly, I was focused on looking at Madonna up close, but the few times I glanced at the screens, they didn't really show what was going on on stage or with her in particular.

Where were your seats? I had the perfect view of the heart from Row 2 Floor 2. OMG...I still cannot believe how close she was!!!

Fun review from a fan on another forum. The very last part at the end gave me a huge smile, I hope it does the same for you. I was that kid once too. 

---

I was at MSG last night, and here are my thoughts on the show. We had a great time!

• [*]
Iconic - Fantastic opening performance. Whoever directed this tour is a real master, and it was especially evident during the opening song. Watching the screen felt like watching the DVD, because the shots were so good, that the live footage already looked edited, if that makes sense. I still don't love this track but I can't think of a better song from the album that could have opened the show. Maybe Bitch I'm Madonna? Everyone around me was talking about how good she looked.
[*]
Bitch I'm Madonna - I felt like this song should have either opened the show or come much later, as it was sort of dwarfed by the opening spectacle of Iconic. This performance deserved to be more memorable. It does include some of the choreography from the Fallon performance, and I have to say she looks much more comfortable and loose doing it now vs. then.
[*]
Burning Up - This was never one of my faves, but it was enjoyable. Aside from the added guitar, it stayed pretty faithful to original version, which I think is cool. Not every old song has to be reinvented imo. I think Lucky Star would have been a better choice as it's referenced in the preceding song. But I guess if you look at it on paper, this is where she says, "I'm going to start sinning now." WINK.
[*]
Holy Water - This is clearly the most shocking part of the show and is memorable for that reason, but I just don't think the song is strong enough to warrant this kind of production. I felt the energy level sort of drag around me. The nuns on stripper poles/Last Supper recrecation was sure to get people talking, but the song itself just doesn't do it for me.

And the inclusion of Vogue was just sort of an afterthought and kind of pointless. She could have performed Vogue, instead of Holy Water, at the Last Supper Table, in the "Jesus seat," and created something iconic, and a bit more cheeky instead of crass. Kind of like the VMA performace of Vogue. 

Also, I get that shitting on Catholocism is kind of one of her "things," but I'd like to actually hear what she has to say about it, rather than have her continually try to think of new ways to disrespect it in her shows. What's next, getting eaten out by a priest on stage? It's like she keeps trying to top herself by pushing the envelope, but the letter inside the envelope is blank.
[*]
Devil Pray - Possibly my favorite song on Rebel Heart. I felt like this was a "cool down" moment for her after the Holy Water spectacle, as it wasn't very memorable of a performance. Like Bitch I'm Madonna after Iconic, I felt like the better song was dwarfed by the spectacle of the song before it.
[*]
Messiah - I'm glad this song was included in show, even if it was only an interlude. It ended up being one of the most stunning and memorable moments of the entire night for me. It features two gorgeous dance solos from two different dancers, blending choreography, staging, and effects, to create something magical.
[*]
Body Shop - I love what she did with this song. The stage transforms into an actual body shop, featuring some great choreography with her "grease monkey" back up dancers. She's trying to rock the big 1984-85 hair but I have to say it really ages her. Maybe the only styling misstep of the entire show for me.
[*]
True Blue - Finally a moment for Madonna to take off her on-stage "thinking cap," and sit down (on a stack of tires), to chat with the crowd. These are always my favorite moments at a Madonna show, when the wall comes down. The performance was sweet, and well received.
[*]
Deeper and Deeper - Another old tune done in a faithful manner to the original. This is a personal fave so it got me up and moving.
[*]
HeartBreakCity/Love Don't Live Here Anymore - A spiral staircase comes down over the mini-heart stage, as she interprets the song with chorography that has her and a dancer moving up and down the stairs. Another great moment. Her vocals during Love Don't Live Here Anymore were stellar. I don't recall hearing her holding out big notes like that before in a live setting.
[*]
Like a Virgin - Big highlight. Just Madonna by herself, working every inch of that stage. There's even a moment where she twerks for a second. Hats off!
[*]
S.E.X. - Interlude. 4 male dancers simulating sex with 4 female dancers on 4 beds. It was just ok.
[*]
Living For Love - This is essentially the Ellen performance with a different cape. I prefer the Grammy performance myself, which could have kicked off the encore section and really whipped the crowd into a frenzy. I'm not sure this dance version has the same impact. It does provide some great visuals but feels misplaced.
[*]
La Isla Bonita - A charming performance that kicks off the latin-themed portion of the show. I loved the interaction with her and the dancers. It was great choreography that didn't seem so polished (though, I'm sure it was knowing Madonna).
[*]
Dress You Up / Into the Groove / Lucky Star - Continuing the Latin theme, she comes out in a new dress, and does Dress You Up with a new Spanish guitar arrangement. I thought it really worked, suprisingly. I didn't think the inclusion of Into The Groove and Lucky Star worked as well, as it just seemed like she threw them in to add some more old songs, but this was a really great segment of the show. Possibly my favorite portion. She looked like she was really enjoying herself.
[*]
Who's That Girl - This sit-down portion of the Latin segment, with Madonna strapping on an acoustic. It was a great a sing along moment.
[*]
Rebel Heart - Dedicated to Rocco who was in the audience, featuring fan-submitted art flashing on the screen behind her. The art was great, and provided a sweet stroll down memory lane with all of her looks and incarnations.
[*]
Illuminati - An unbelievable interlude featuring the male dancers tethered to long, bendy poles. It has to be seen to be believed. Huge highlight. I love that she gives the dancers such memorable moments to shine.
[*]
Music - This kicks off the cabaret portion of the show and features her best look of the night. "You know what they say. It's lonely at the top. But it ain't crowded (WINK)." Posted Image Posted Image
[*]
Candy Shop - I was surprised to see this in the set, as it wasn't a hit, and didn't seem to be a fan favorite. I loved the new arrangement of it, and it gave me a new respect for the song. I hope this tour version leaks somewhere, because it would definitely get some heavy play from me.
[*]
Material Girl - This song got the loudest response of the night. This was sort of an update on the video, with another great new arrangement. It's interesting to hear an old favorite sound so current. Towards the end, she's under a bridal veil and holding a bouquet, in another nod to her past. I love that she's not afraid to look back on this tour. She celebrates the past and the present.
[*]
La Vie Vn Rose - Another sweet acoustic moment to connect with the audience, and a great vocal moment as well. Highlight.
[*]
Unapologetic Bitch - This performance made me like the song more. She brought a fan onstage and she and the dancers danced with him and gave him his moment to shine. He seemed genuinely shocked but held his own pretty well. Sidenote: I think it might have been Andy Cohen's date for the evening as they were sitting together with Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos in the VIP section. LOL when he tried to give Madonna a hug at the end, and she was like, "NO. Stand over there please." Posted Image Posted Image
[*]
Holiday - Perfect encore song, and got the entire place moving. The American flag draped over her kind of reminded me of The Girlie Show performance of this song, where the lining of her coat was the American flag IIRC. Kelly Ripa was going apeshit during this one. It was cute.

I thought the show was fantastic! I loved that she celebrated both the new songs and the old ones, and she really opened up and seemed to be having a great time after the first few numbers. Also, the stage extends so far into the main floor, that the show is practically in the round, which means not many bad seats in the house. Everyone I attended with agreed it was a big step up from the MDNA tour. 

Sidenote - there was this 14 year old boy there with his mom, sitting next to us, and he knew every word of every song (even the new ones), and looked like he was absolutely LIVING for her. It was touching to see her affecting the youth, and not just us old farts. Posted Image It also reminded me of my own mom taking me to concerts when I was young. Bless her for sitting through Lovesexy for me. Posted Image

I dont think shitting on the catholic church is her thing, REALLY. She's had her moments of doing controversial/provocative things however i don't fully get what she does in Holy Water. To me its disrespectful of people's life choices , and it also feels more like something Gaga would do and not Madonna. I describe it as Madonna doing "Madonna through Gaga's eyes". To me she's always been more profound and more sophisticated than this. Ironically I find it a highlight of the first section, despite the not-so-good Vogue performance. But yeah those are my thoughts on the whole naked nuns pole dancing thing. :confused:

Just a note to anybody going to tomorrow's show who has never gone to that venue, the Barclay's Center requires you to go through metal detectors before entry, plan accordingly

Also they don't allow any cameras with removable lenses inside the venue (this doesn't apply to press as far as I know)

For more info go here: http://www.barclayscenter.com/guest-services (They don't enforce the video recording policy as long as it isn't with professional equipment)