Re-Invention Tour turns 20 - what can we expect?

10 hours ago, gst6662000 said:

yes when did they removed the live album..... and why ?

It was removed during 2020, I remember cos it was the first lockdown and my friend was complaining he couldn’t perform it in his living room anymore :lol: No idea why it was taken down.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:58 PM, Confessions Lightside said:

btw. am I the only one who can't listen to "Get Stupid Medley - Live" on Spotify? :Madonna021:

Get Stupid and La Isla Bonita have been made unavailable to every streaming worldwide - while 4 Minutes, Miles Away and Ray of Light were added to a second deluxe version of this live album, given there was already a deluxe edition with Borderline. All those 3 were also added to the version which features Borderline. And Heartbeat was removed from the original deluxe that featured Borderline. I hope I have been clear to my explanation.

13 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It was removed during 2020, I remember cos it was the first lockdown and my friend was complaining he couldn’t perform it in his living room anymore :lol: No idea why it was taken down.

CAUSE I noticed the album appearing in the madonna live official playlist before then i thought i am ghosted....

On 3/12/2024 at 7:11 PM, MDNA22 said:

I hope we get the full Lisbon show in HD properly edited like that Don't Tell Me that was put online not that long ago or the full show filmed by Jonas for the documentary. It's one of her best tours 

If I recall, the full Paris shows Jonas filmed don’t exist. Pretty sure I’ve always read they did the same thing they did with Truth or Dare and only filmed select songs. The only full show that’s been filmed (and is available to anyone who wants it—I even have it on a fanmade blu-ray) is Lisbon. Not HD, but it’s in pretty good quality and is clearly a workprint or a first pass cut as it has complex editing in it. That’s all we’re ever gonna get. 

6 hours ago, Future Lover said:

If I recall, the full Paris shows Jonas filmed don’t exist. Pretty sure I’ve always read they did the same thing they did with Truth or Dare and only filmed select songs. The only full show that’s been filmed (and is available to anyone who wants it—I even have it on a fanmade blu-ray) is Lisbon. Not HD, but it’s in pretty good quality and is clearly a workprint or a first pass cut as it has complex editing in it. That’s all we’re ever gonna get. 

Hang on. Where did we hear they only filmed select songs with Truth or Dare? I thought Madonna and Alek said the tapes were lost?

I also find it hard to believe they would know which songs they were using for both films before they were even edited. It doesn’t make sense.

9 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Hang on. Where did we hear they only filmed select songs with Truth or Dare? I thought Madonna and Alek said the tapes were lost?

I also find it hard to believe they would know which songs they were using for both films before they were even edited. It doesn’t make sense.

According to a member in the thread about who owns the rights to BAT and RIT on video, he talked to a person who works with this kind of job and that person said to it that basically it would be a pain in the ass to film only selected songs bc that would involve turning the cranes on and off (something like that) and the show would have to stop for at least 20 minutes. So for me the idea of filming only selected songs seems very unlikely.

I also don’t believe in this talk that the tapes have been lost, I personally think they’re lying just bc they have no interest in remaster the material and release it (which is a shame as BAT is a huge part of her history and one of the most important).

I just hope they release it somehow in the near future, maybe for the 40th anniversary in 2030.

2 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

According to a member in the thread about who owns the rights to BAT and RIT on video, he talked to a person who works with this kind of job and that person said to it that basically it would be a pain in the ass to film only selected songs bc that would involve turning the cranes on and off (something like that) and the show would have to stop for at least 20 minutes. So for me the idea of filming only selected songs seems very unlikely.

I also don’t believe in this talk that the tapes have been lost, I personally think they’re lying just bc they have no interest in remaster the material and release it (which is a shame as BAT is a huge part of her history and one of the most important).

I just hope they release it somehow in the near future, maybe for the 40th anniversary in 2030.

Plus why would they just stop recording for half the show when all the crew and cameras are there and running? Sounds silly. It IS possible however that they only edited select songs and that would actually make sense. Which could mean that the original footage of the full shows unedited has been erased/discarded.

On 3/13/2024 at 9:29 PM, Alpha said:

David Fincher allegedly shot Japan on film since he was apparently the first director of Truth or Dare. Donna and Nikki were on a podcast recently and both had conflicting information about lost footage of the doc and I'm going to assume that means the Paris show as well.

In 2020 when Madonna went live on insta with Diablo about the biopic Madonna quickly said Blond Ambition was never filmed which Diablo gave her side eye lol

As for RIT, there was a huge lawsuit with Hamish Hamilton over the filming. CBS was also going to air the concert in the US over the Thanksgiving holiday in the US which obviously never happened. Jonas only filmed certain numbers for the doc allegedly in Paris. DrownedMadonna at the time also said one of the sons of the production team was chosen by Madonna last minute to film "Get Up Lisbon" and she was horrified with the footage and absolutely hated it. When IGTYAS came out many did not realize however that alot of the paris concert footage DOES include the Lisbon show. You might think that it would be easy to spot since she wore the GOLD corset. It was however recolored to that lilac one...however...you can spot that footage because the beads were left as gold. None of her lilac corsets had that gold beading. The shots that were used are actually the same shots in that "leaked" RIT show.

Now to add more salsa to the taco, make of this as you will but around 2006/07 i used to chat with an Aussie guy who was a member of AbsMad and he had a friend who worked at warners and gave him an advanced copy of the RIT show and he described to me that the menus were of her as Marie Antoinette and that it was animated to where her eyes began crying tears of blood. Was he lying? Was he telling the truth? I guess we'll never know.

Wow I'm Australian and I heard that it was going to be called get up Lisbon but nothing about menus and stuff. How bad can their professionally filmed concert with all that technical equipment could be? Worse than MDNA or a crappy Blonde Ambition concert.  She is not truthful about that Paris Footage, there was a whole blog on this years ago and they interviewed one of the people who shot the concert. It was over 3 nights in Paris at the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy Arena. All the camera men were dressed in black head to toe. 1 night they did Mid and Far away shots.  another night they did close ups the person interviewed said they were on stage all in black and did Steady cam shots, which you can clearly see in Live to Tell. Then they shot from the stage looking out to the crowed and they also filmed a dressed a as well. This woman Had Deep knowledge of the whole process. her hair changes in shots even though it's the same curls, but some look tighter and different than others. Also, they had the full performances of Hanky Pankey & Like A Prayer, we can't even get that anymore, I used to own all that on VHS and yet know those are lost as well now?

they all looked amazing and as it was shot on film it would look fantastic in HD in 4K.

Taylor Swift just did the same thing on this tour. I've got that concert on digital.

And its shot again in red one 4K and it looks brilliant.

Madonna always was at the top of trying new things [Q sound] to make her music sound its best. Now, Quality control has not been the best.

You'll notice in the concert parts of truth or dare you never see a camera as all three nights were taking the best performances. We will never see it.

Still, I hope I can pick up the pieces and move on with my life. 😁

4 minutes ago, Craigypants said:

Wow I'm Australian and I heard that it was going to be called get up Lisbon but nothing about menus and stuff. How bad can their professionally filmed concert with all that technical equipment could be? Worse than MDNA or a crappy Blonde Ambition concert.  She is not truthful about that Paris Footage, there was a whole blog on this years ago and they interviewed one of the people who shot the concert. It was over 3 nights in Paris at the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy Arena. All the camera men were dressed in black head to toe. 1 night they did Mid and Far away shots.  another night they did close ups the person interviewed said they were on stage all in black and did Steady cam shots, which you can clearly see in Live to Tell. Then they shot from the stage looking out to the crowed and they also filmed a dressed a as well. This woman Had Deep knowledge of the whole process. her hair changes in shots even though it's the same curls, but some look tighter and different than others. Also, they had the full performances of Hanky Pankey & Like A Prayer, we can't even get that anymore, I used to own all that on VHS and yet know those are lost as well now?

they all looked amazing and as it was shot on film it would look fantastic in HD in 4K.

Taylor Swift just did the same thing on this tour. I've got that concert and its shot again in red one 4K and it looks brilliant.

Madonna always was at the top of trying new things [Q sound] to make her music sound its best. Now, Quality control has not been the best.

Youll notice in the concert parts of truth or dare you never see a camera as all three night were taking the best oerformences

It would be a dream come true to see the whole concert in HQ, edited just as in TOD.

All shots look amazing, the colors are so bright. I LIVE FOR THAT LIKE A VIRGIN PERFORMANCE!

1 minute ago, Craigypants said:

I have the blu ray of truth or dare and the concert footage is probably one of the best I've seen.

I used to be a projectionist before everything became digital files now that just start and stop playing. Film is hard to lose. Most come in 2 cans with or 3 or 4 reels. Each they are enclosed in Havey metal to protect from air or fading. I find it hard to believe its lost. She probably threw it out, 🤦There is even concert footage of causing a commotion and keep it together.

What can we expect ? ---> nothing on the official front, obviously.  As far as Madonna's concerned, RIT20 was already celebrated by wearing her costume at the Oscars' afterparty. The end.

2 hours ago, ma(x) said:

@DanK please..  when you finish this other masterpiece make it available for download like you did for the Madame X documentary .. please :pray:

Absolutely, it's coming.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

- No, the full show was filmed, not only selected songs.

- No, the footage isn't lost, the reels aren't destroyed.

- If I catch someone repeating that ridiculous (and extremelly distasteful) 9/11 rumor again, I'm gonna stab myself in the temple.

vlcsnap-2024-03-15-16h13m03s776.png

vlcsnap-2024-03-15-16h13m09s568.png

That's just the tip of the iceberg of what they have in the archives. Yes, a long time ago when I was interviewing and researching for a book I heard about things like David Fincher's footage for BA, the unused material for Bloodhounds of Broadway, the magazine cover Madonna hated, and multiple Pepsi Like A Prayer clips. So I have no doubt the BA footage exists, they just don't want you to see it, yet. You'll know the truth about JFK, the moon landing, 9/11, Hoffa and Monroe before you know what Madonna has in her vast archives 😮 bitch is holding out for a rainy day it seems!

21 minutes ago, TheGoth said:

That's just the tip of the iceberg of what they have in the archives. Yes, a long time ago when I was interviewing and researching for a book I heard about things like David Fincher's footage for BA, the unused material for Bloodhounds of Broadway, the magazine cover Madonna hated, and multiple Pepsi Like A Prayer clips. So I have no doubt the BA footage exists, they just don't want you to see it, yet. You'll know the truth about JFK, the moon landing, 9/11, Hoffa and Monroe before you know what Madonna has in her vast archives 😮 bitch is holding out for a rainy day it seems!

I really hope it doesn’t get to be like this, but sometimes I catch myself wondering that probably we’ll only see this after she’s gone. Warner probably will try to catch every penny of the fans and will release everything they can, which is a shame as she’s still alive and should herself release all unseen material and new editions of the albums with unreleased tracks, b-sides etc.

As I said before, I hope they manage to release BAT for the 40th anniversary in 2030

13 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

I really hope it doesn’t get to be like this, but sometimes I catch myself wondering that probably we’ll only see this after she’s gone. Warner probably will try to catch every penny of the fans and will release everything they can, which is a shame as she’s still alive and should herself release all unseen material and new editions of the albums with unreleased tracks, b-sides etc.

As I said before, I hope they manage to release BAT for the 40th anniversary in 2030

But why would she if she's not happy with the outcome?  I think we have to keep that in mind because unless she decides down the road to use the "unreleased", etc., in a way that she approves of, if that means she goes back and edits, re-record, etc.  And honestly, a lot of this probably will never be seen even if she does pass.  While Warner will dig for some goodies, but they aren't just going to release all this unseen footage and like other entertainer who have passed, there is always an estate that prevents certain things from ever being seen. No doubt Prince and MJ has so much material in the vaults, and while some has been released, I'm sure there are so much more there we'll never hear and see.  And we know Prince has loads of songs that have never been heard. That man recorded music nearly every day of his life, if he wasn't performing.

14 hours ago, DanK said:

What can we expect ? ---> nothing on the official front, obviously.  As far as Madonna's concerned, RIT20 was already celebrated by wearing her costume at the Oscars' afterparty. The end.

Absolutely, it's coming.

- No, the full show was filmed, not only selected songs.

- No, the footage isn't lost, the reels aren't destroyed.

- If I catch someone repeating that ridiculous (and extremelly distasteful) 9/11 rumor again, I'm gonna stab myself in the temple.

vlcsnap-2024-03-15-16h13m03s776.png

vlcsnap-2024-03-15-16h13m09s568.png

To be fair the rumor of footage being destroyed in 9/11 was of the Virgin Tour, NOT blond ambition or truth or dare.