Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who hated the cover? And I am not expecting "Tears of a Clown" to be honest.

What cover? All the other posts on the cover were speculation. They were never confirmed by anyone official that it was official.   Though fans wigged out anyway. LOL!

I'm sure excerpts of "Tears of a Clown" will be included in the extras. But I'm not expecting the full TOAC show.  I've mentioned this in an earlier post, she's never been known to include a lot of "extras" so I am not going to expect so here either. In the end, I'm just happy to be getting a physical copy of the film/concert.  What I saw on Showtime was great, so if it's anything like that, I'll be happy.  Hoping LDLHA will be included though, but it surely won't be a deal breaker, since I enjoyed what I saw on Showtime.

This is not the DVD cover people its just part of the PR

Actually, I'm pretty confident it is.  The PR usually includes the actual mock up of the artwork of whatever they are wanting to sell/distribute. 

I hope that's the cover, simple and beautiful.  :heart:

At the same time Aldo got bullied and not doing the official anymore makes me feel bad if true.

Same here.  All for a poster which no one claimed was "official", but many ran with it as if it was the official cover, even when Aldo specifically said it "wasn't" the cover.  

Guest ArthurBadin

tumblr_oruxcxDvxQ1v62cu7o1_1280.jpg

From the Madonna e-mail that's being sent out.

MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR

LIVE DVD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL CONCERT FILM TO BE RELEASED SEPTEMBER 15 WITH CONCERT ALBUM

Dear Simon,

MADONNA has announced that her record-breaking MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR will be released by Eagle Vision on September 15 on digital download, DVD and Blu-ray complete with bonus content, and an audio CD of highlights from her much-heralded tour.

The Material Girl will also release a live album featuring 22 songs from the Rebel Heart Tour, available on double CD and digital download.

The MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR film was recorded around the world and features both live and behind the scenes material, as well as previously unreleased footage culminating with performances at the Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney, Australia in March of 2016. MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR is co-directed by Danny Tull and Nathan Rissman, both of whom have worked extensively with Madonna on her feature films and tour movies. A version of the film previously debuted on Showtime in December 2016.

The tracklist for MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR film and live concert album span all decades of the iconic superstar's illustrious career, including songs from her chart-topping Rebel Heart album to classic fan favorites. Of particular note to longtime fans will be the new interpretations of some of Madonna’s timeless hits.

Praise includes: Madonna is Unstoppable (New York Times); Doesn’t Miss a Beat (Washington Post); the Queen of Pop…an inspirational figure (LA Weekly); the ultimate professional (Entertainment Weekly); on fire (Rolling Stone); an authoritative diva far from the end of her reign (Time Out New York); the genre’s greatest icon (Boston Herald); immeasurable (Detroit News); Queen of the World (Willamette Week); bigger, if not better than ever (San Diego Union-Tribune).

Produced by Live Nation Global Touring, the Rebel Heart Tour kicked off on September 9, 2015 in Montreal and visited arenas in 55 cities on four continents over seven months. Madonna performed 82 shows, plus the special “Tears Of A Clown†fan club show in Melbourne. The tour grossed $169.8 Million with 1,045,479 in attendance, making her the top grossing touring female artist in the history of Billboard Boxscore with over $1.31 billion in ticket sales sold over the course of her career. Madonna is also the fourth top grossing touring act since tracking began in 1990.

The Rebel Heart Tour was directed by Jamie King with musical direction by Kevin Antunes (with band keyboardist Ric'key Pageot, drummer Brian Frasier-Moore, guitarist Monte Pittman, and background vocalists Kiley Dean and Nicki Richards), lead choreography by Megan Lawson, hair by Andy LeCompte, makeup by Aaron Henrikson, and costume design by Arianne Phillips.

Stay tuned for pre-order info coming soon!

ICON TEAM

MADONNA.COM

Have received this too. Had to find it on spam section of my e-mail (lol).

Well, if cover "changed", maybe the rest will have the same fate (oh God...)

And, as @@Enrico said, no mentions about Secret and Don't Tell Me. Maybe BBFC is right after all (given it's a official public bureau, isn't it?)

And, @@Liam, of course it's very possible this is the official cover, but why in hell the need to credit the photo? That makes it can be seen as an ordinary artwork for it (or, of course, a mock up for it, nothing definitive).

And I hope, truly hope, Eagle Rock has changed their way about authorating this and release it WITHOUT TOAC (of course we'll know if they ER will do it when they give another copy to BBFC to be evaluated by them). But I bet it's a personal question for M. Even if it's in a 15-min version, high edited and maybe preferring the jokes on the content. Maybe it's her way to say "my fans will have my TOAC somehow despite of cannot having it in its entirety." So we'll have this 15 min version. The "Madonna's cut" of it. Love it or leave it, this is what M wants (and/or was allowed) to present in that release. And, of course, LAP as bonus. Nothing unexpected from her.

But it's pretty good they are listening to fans, so we can dream of a new authoration for concert film which includes LDLHA.. ;-)

Guest ArthurBadin

I can't believe it...we have a release date!

It'll probably be postponed lol ;)

For sure there will be a delay on my country. If Katy's Witness has to wait for almost a month to hit physical stores here, why should I expect M's DVD (a product of the same label) to be found physically in the real September 15? lol

Guest ArthurBadin

We already had this release date, it's no news!

As for the the cover, we all like this picture and wanted this image to be chosen. We also use it in forum as a theme! But, as true Madonna fans never being satisfied and never going for second best, please remove that red border!!!

Amato, calm down and relax.

Watching the photo and the "red border" again makes me think the actual cover will NOT have any border.

The red artwork is just for illustrating the cover into the body of the e-mail. Watch Simon's post (which I quoted too) again and check my point.

And, to think they still consider e-mailing as a form to promote themselves (and prior to official site!) is, to say the least, very picturesque, even folklorical of theirs (as I'm used to say).

EDIT: I have to illustrate this to you @@Enrico.

This is the larger photo of the cover as seen on the e-mail:

dvd_header0617.jpg

Look at the "red border". Doesn't it give to you the sensation I have mentioned you? Plus, the border shows the photographer, as a way to stick out that credit. Watching it by full it gives you the perspective I described.

Arriverderci!

EDIT 2: Sorry, @@groovyguy has already posted the image. So you can choose to notice my post or GroovyGuy's.

Guest ArthurBadin

@ Yes I think you're right!

I was already convinced by your first post before the edit!

P.S. isn't it funny that her teams calls her in this official statement "the Material Girl"?!

They could/should have chosen "Queen of Pop" instead...

I guess now she has no problems anymore in being linked to that nickname. After all, she seemed very confident about performing this song on last tour, the opposite of RIT times. Sometimes you have to give up on your personal thoughts to accept what GP thinks about you (and this is not a criticism, instead it's indeed a smart move from hers).

Remember opening night in Los Angeles? "A material girl... But I'm not!" Lol

Guest ArthurBadin

At least the photo is stunning, but the typography/text layout is horrid! Probably Aldo is in charge for the booklet? Holy shit...

I won't buy for now, but my anniversary is 13th september. So, I'll order as a gift

@@valonqar, given our "luck" as Brazilians, I suggest you import a DVD, mainly from Australia (in the case you have that kind of stupid DVD players which are not full regions).

If you have a Blu-ray player, be sure to import one which plays fine with yours.

Just don't wait for a Brazilian release (or if you still do so, check before our native forums and music blogspots to know what expect from the Brazilian discs. Oh God, how I regret a lot not having read them back in 2013... lol)

EDIT: My sister is a Virgo too, from September 18. Now I know why the excellence in your artworks. You can find a Virgo by their perfectionism! (Needless to say Madonna is a Virgo too by her Moon sign... She doesn't know her ascendent but I do hope she's a Taurus by it, hehehe!)

At least the photo is stunning, but the typography/text layout is horrid! Probably Aldo is in charge for the booklet? Holy shit...

I won't buy for now, but my anniversary is 13th september. So, I'll order as a gift

I actually don't mind it. I like the font used for Madonna. It's a nice change from just rehashing the same Rebel Heart font over and over on every release.

You read my mind. The photo is perfect (although it's not the one I'd choose for a front cover) but the layout isn't balanced at all.

However, it's much better than that horrid poster.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic