Jump to content

Predict Beautiful Game's Peak!


Survival
 Share

Recommended Posts

Peak? you mean in the charts? Lets be real she’ll be lucky if she charts. Id rather expect the worst and then be surprised if things go better than expected. Hopefully the fandom will do the same and not have a collective meltdown once she “flops”..... honest talk. Lets enjoy the music and the content she gives us. Amything else is a plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no faith in the charts anymore especially as a great song like Ghosttown flops everywhere and should have been a number 1 - every song in the charts now is someone featuring someone ### so boring the charts now :(((

as long as the music/videos are good it doesnt matter - she will never sell like Adele or Taylor Swift(Both overrated) imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I have no faith in the charts anymore especially as a great song like Ghosttown flops everywhere and should have been a number 1 - every song in the charts now is someone featuring someone ### so boring the charts now :(((

as long as the music/videos are good it doesnt matter - she will never sell like Adele or Taylor Swift(Both overrated) imo

Completely agree Ghosttown one of the best tracks for many years with a great video got completely ignored whilst everyone got excited about BIM,   I don't get it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I guess it depends on what chart you're referring to and if this is actually going to be a (lead) single?   But I agree, after "Ghosttown" failing to chart in most areas, I don't have much faithany single at this point.  And let's face it, BIM only charted because it was hyped with all these popular celebrities of the moment.  Any other Madonna song that didn't include any popular celebrity, would have tanked.

The only thing that will chart will be a song that includes someone extremely popular in mainstream music.  Madonna alone?  Forget it!  The song won't go anywhere.  Fans will love it, but eventually criticize her for the failure when the fact is, she's 60 and no one is going to give her the time of day on a solo effort.  FACT!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/5/2018 at 11:07 PM, Fighter said:

cos BIM is much more left field for Madonna than Ghosttown lol but both were solid single choices. 

Still if you look at the songs that peaked at no. 1 in Billboard, 4 out of 12 are "adult" ballads:

Crazy for you, Live to tell, TUTBMP, Take a bow (and also I'll remember at no. 2).

So I guess it's because she is too old for charts. So sad. And the recent insults of people calling her mummy or dinosaur after the Beyoncé thing prove that things are not going to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/06/2018 at 5:56 PM, Enrico said:

Still if you look at the songs that peaked at no. 1 in Billboard, 4 out of 12 are "adult" ballads:

Crazy for you, Live to tell, TUTBMP, Take a bow (and also I'll remember at no. 2).

So I guess it's because she is too old for charts. So sad. And the recent insults of people calling her mummy or dinosaur after the Beyoncé thing prove that things are not going to change.

Yes but she doesnt have the popularity or relevance now as she did then - it grieves me to say :((

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She'll hit number 1 on charts like the Billboard Dance chart.

Depending if she has a payola deal in place, I could see her going perhaps Top 40 for a week if she does major promotion and the song is able to catch on. Once the deal ends, it'll fall off like a rock.

If not, I'd expect perhaps a low chart or not charting at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that she will top the Dance Charts as usual. Any song she has can be produced into some dance extravaganza, even ballads. It'll pop up in the US Bubbling Under Hot Chart in 1-10 range, but I could see some heavy promotion (payola just because its not like others don't) helping break it into the lower Top 100 in US. The UK has been much kinder to Madge, so I can see a top 40 there. I see the next two singles going no where unless they manage something different than the last three album's second and third singles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Sonny

After seeing how the Rebel Heart singles performed, I think she won't do well in the US except for the Dance/Club Charts. She might have a chance at charting high in Europe though since Living for Love and Ghosttown did chart within the Top 50 in several European countries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is beyond me how Ghosttown didn't do better. One of her best ballads in years and honestly, its better than most of the shit that was on the radio at that time. It's catchy enough to be popular and the melody is attractive. Problem is, a lot of people just don't like Madonna, or anything she's made after Hung Up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 5/26/2018 at 7:23 AM, Fighter said:

Peak? you mean in the charts? Lets be real she’ll be lucky if she charts. Id rather expect the worst and then be surprised if things go better than expected. Hopefully the fandom will do the same and not have a collective meltdown once she “flops”..... honest talk. Lets enjoy the music and the content she gives us. Amything else is a plus.

No, she can chart if she actually promotes it properly this time. First of all her team MUST do something with her YouTube/Spotify accounts. She needs promotion, especially on Spotify. Even if people buy, idk, 50.000+ copies the first week, the single will not enter the top 40 without streaming too, that's a fact (im talking about US).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...