Madame X Tour | Paris

notbizzre

56 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

I’m not sure what longeve means? Do you mean an artist with longevity?

I don’t doubt she’s been a great artist. She’s already proven that, but her ability to continue being great is seriously in question, because her audience is dwindling. Her albums don’t sell well beyond week 1. She struggles to get her music played on the radio and her concert attendance figures over the last decade have declined. There are many reasons why that might be and so much of it is out her control. I appreciate her decline in popularity is not necessarily tied to the quality of her art.

I also realize it was never her attention for this tour to outgrows Sticky & Sweet. By design it was always going to be smaller, be seen by fewer people, and make less money, but that does negate the anger, frustration and disappointment many fans have felt during this era, and these are her most ardent supporters, people willing to pay hundreds, in some cases thousands of dollars/pounds/euros to see a show that is quite literally putting people to sleep.

Perhaps she doesn’t care. Perhaps some fans don’t care either. They’ll forgive and applaud her no matter what she does, but tolerating this behaviour only encourage it, and she needs to understand how damaging it is in order to change it. Otherwise she’ll be performing her ‘great’ art to an ever shrinking audience. Any aspirations to ‘disturb the peace’ will have long since past, because the rest of the world will have moved on, won’t know about it and won’t care. Simply put, she can’t continue being a great artist without people acknowledging the greatness of her art. I love her but in her own words, she needs to ‘wake up’. 

Leave her and use your energy to make a change 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Hopefully things will go much smoother tonight :Madonna021:

I hope so too. ???

38 minutes ago, Kieran said:

M's tardiness brings a whole new meaning to "In the midnight hour I can feel your power..."

With the midnight start, I bet she can... :laughing:

Her Key (and it's simple not hard): START IN THE 9:00 HOUR!!!

40 minutes ago, EM said:

Leave her and use your energy to make a change 

Ha! I wish I could. It’s like a drug. Sometimes she makes me feel so good and I truly hope she’ll do it again. When she’s great, there’s nothing better. No one comes even close, but maybe I’m just setting myself up for a long road of disappointments ahead. Ugh... I just want her to win so badly. 

30 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

Ha! I wish I could. It’s like a drug. Sometimes she makes me feel so good and I truly hope she’ll doing again. When she’s great, there’s nothing better. No one comes even close, but maybe I’m just setting myself up for a long road of disappointments ahead. Ugh... I just want her to win so badly. 

She has made me feel good way more than bad. She's been there in the sad and happy times. So like you, I won't ever leave her.

The thing is.... no one is perfect and we all have journeys that can be bumpy etc. This is one of those periods for her. 

15 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

People have clearly forgot the stadiums/arenas show. Waiting 3 hours is nothing. Also, it's not like they were in the middle of nowhere. 

But for an actual curfew to cut the show a few minutes early its brutal authoritarian censorship... :thinker: she is late on purpose, its kinda rude i get it but still. Lauryn Hill made me wait in the winter once for two hours for a show and I am never going to see her live again.

44 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

She has made me feel good way more than bad. She's been there in the sad and happy times. So like you, I won't ever leave her.

The thing is.... no one is perfect and we all have journeys that can be bumpy etc. This is one of those periods for her. 

Yup, I hope so, I really do. I can accept this journey is nearer the end than the beginning, and it’s been incredible. It truly has. When it finally ends, I hope it’s on a genuine high. As difficult as this tour has been for us, it can’t feel great for her to see audience members asleep, claiming refunds, writing negative things on her instagram... I doubt she reads even half of it, but she must know it’s going on.

Then there’s the injuries, the literal physical pain she’s putting herself through every night to get through this tour. She acts like she doesn’t care, but why go through all of this this unless she’s seeking approval on some level? I believe she needs our validation, even if she pretends not to.

Gosh, I remember after the Confessions tour thinking, ‘it just doesn’t get any better than this’ - Hung Up had become her most successful single to date. The album was a huge success and the Confessions show was the highest grossing tour by a female artist. Great! I genuinely felt at 48 that was the pinnacle of her career and anything else would just be the cherry on top.

But she really did go on to exceed my expectations, and the last 14 years have been brilliant. It would be amazing if she had another number 1 single, but I can accept she probably won’t. Madame X is a decent record, and this show is still enjoyable even if it’s not my favourite. But I feel sad to think our expectations have lowered so much, that we’re just grateful for her turning up, even if it is 3 hours late. How did we get here? I want to grab her by the shoulders, sit her down, stare her right in the eyes and say: 

‘look, if you’re going to do this, do it properly or not at all. Stop taking the piss, pretending you’re better than all of us and acting like you don’t give a shit. You’re ruining everything you’ve worked so hard for, through your own conceited, selfish arrogance. Learn some humility. Show some respect. Be grateful for your success and never forget we are the ones who put you where you are.’

I’m not sure if our unfaltering loyalty is admirable or just foolish at this point, but things have got to change.

Wait... people still defend stuff like this in here? The show ended at 2am guys.

A show scheduled to start at 21:30 /9:30 ended at 2:15 and people still go "wat? People go to bed early in France?"

This is hugely disrespectful. What's next? 3am to end the show? Getting home at 4am? Seriously...

I can only imagine people that needed transportation to get home. She deserves the bad publicity.

In the end, as long as those who attended still had a good time, only matters.  Most attending are huge fans. Most are willing to travel far and wait a long time to see her.  It doesn't justify her starting late, but there are far worst things happening in the world than getting worked up over Madonna's show starting late.

Hope all who attended enjoyed their show.  :)

• Enrico unfeatured this topic