andifeel

Madame X Tour | Lisbon

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Oscar Palazon said:

Of course she is trying to get through the tour, but is shocking that she don’t have a "non dancing" plan as backup 

Honestly at this point I feel like fans would be happier if she just sat on top of the piano and sang her songs while the dancers did their thing.  If she feels that she's not giving a full experience then she can give a half refund or something, but people paid a lot to travel.  All this repeated last minute cancellation because she refuses to respect doctors' orders and wants to show she's tough by powering through may be good for her, but it's terrible for the fans who might spend all this money and time and get no show at all, even singing.  Her voice is better than ever this tour.  It's a shame she refuses to utilize it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, judas2015 said:

Instead of cancelling dates , she can sit on the chair and sing her songs. ( This health issue is not about her voice right?? ) It’s all about seeing her , not about dancing skills or visual effects etc. Anyways she better cancel the whole thing then.

 

4 minutes ago, Oscar Palazon said:

Of course she is trying to get through the tour, but is shocking that she don’t have a "non dancing" plan as backup 

 

But that's not who she is.  And that's nice if fans are willing to see her in such a way, but I think she'd rather die than reduce herself to just sitting through the whole show.  That's not the type of performer she is.  Besides, the knee issue is obviously serious. It's not going away, whether she sits or not.  She needs to attend to that injury before it gets worse. She's a very active person, so it's surely going to limit her in her personal life as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Honestly at this point I feel like fans would be happier if she just sat on top of the piano and sang her songs while the dancers did their thing.  If she feels that she's not giving a full experience then she can give a half refund or something, but people paid a lot to travel.  All this repeated last minute cancellation because she refuses to respect doctors' orders and wants to show she's tough by powering through may be good for her, but it's terrible for the fans who might spend all this money and time and get no show at all, even singing.  Her voice is better than ever this tour.  It's a shame she refuses to utilize it.

Exactly, it is very selfish from her not to have something prepared to give to the fans at least something instead of deception and sadness, she is what it is thanks to the fans.

So disappointed with her right now, it is sad but it the reality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, she should cancel the rest of the tour, do it now in advance to give everyone time to seek refunds etc. She really needs to give her body and herself time to heal, get the treatment needed to fix it properly, rather than pushing through it and risk creating far greater problems. 

She can then come back later this year, fully healed and can put on an amazing show without being in constant pain. I know a lot of people have booked tickets, accommodation, airfare etc. But her long term health is more important. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oscar Palazon said:

Exactly, it is very selfish from her not to have something prepared to give to the fans at least something instead of deception and sadness, she is what it is thanks to the fans.

So disappointed with her right now, it is sad but it the reality 

Yeah, so selfish of her to have spent many shows in agonizing pain, yet still performing.  Sorry, she isn't the one who is being selfish.  Yes, she is stubborn.  And yes, I agree she needs to rethink the rest of the tour because like many expressed, people laid out their mortgages to see her.  She had every intention to keep going through these dates, but you can't fault her for trying to keep the fans pleased.  And you know, there will be a group of fans who will heavily criticize her for cancelling the rest of the tour if she goes that route. She won't win no matter what. 

I see a woman in agonizing pain. I see a woman who has powered through the tour so far, trying to keep her commitments.  This isn't about her being selfish. This is her trying to get through her tour the best she can without cancelling the rest. Unfortunately, that might not be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's been getting amazing praise in Portugal, only to ruin everything by cancelling a show half an hour before it's time for people to get inside. And I'm sure it's not the end of it. The media here are already onto this. 

Her reputation is really getting ternished this era. This is literally what she had going for her. 

She probably pushed herself a lot more than she should yesterday with the new footwear and she's paying the price today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yeah, so selfish of her to have spent many shows in agonizing pain, yet still performing.  Sorry, she isn't the one who is being selfish.  Yes, she is stubborn.  And yes, I agree she needs to rethink the rest of the tour because like many expressed, people laid out their mortgages to see her.  She had every intention to keep going through these dates, but you can't fault her for trying to keep the fans pleased.  And you know, there will be a group of fans who will heavily criticize her for cancelling the rest of the tour if she goes that route. She won't win no matter what. 

I see a woman in agonizing pain. I see a woman who has powered through the tour so far, trying to keep her commitments.  This isn't about her being selfish. This is her trying to get through her tour the best she can without cancelling the rest. Unfortunately, that might not be the case. 

Trust me canceling the whole tour is better than last minute suprises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

She's been getting amazing praise in Portugal, only to ruin everything by cancelling a show half an hour before it's time for people to get inside. And I'm sure it's not the end of it. The media here are already onto this. 

Her reputation is really getting ternished this era. This is literally what she had going for her. 

She probably pushed herself a lot more than she should yesterday with the new footwear and she's paying the price today.

Totally.  But she can do damage control down the line.  I've said this many times already, but this isn't her first tour, and it's not like she's known to do this on every tour.  I think most sensible people will see that she genuinely tried to keep to her commitments, but it didn't pan out as she hoped.  Most will get over the disappointment and see that her health comes first.  I think in a year or two, she can come back strong, with a new campaign and apologize for how this tour turned out.  Personally, her best bet is to start paying tribute to her back catalog.  Tour on that next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm so sorry for who was going to the show tonight ): 

i really dont know what to say... she cancelled miami last dates, went on a vacation and came back but two shows into lisbon she wa already saying that she was in pain. when i saw her taking another ice bath i remember thinking 'this is not good'. i really think that these back to back shows was a TERRIBLE idea. she could do two shows in a week, maybe three with at least two days between them.  london and paris seems to be so exhausting... i really dont have the best feeling aout this tour ): she should postpone the  tour later into this year so she could heal or maybe cancel everything already and get better. anyways, we're with you madonna... get well soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, judas2015 said:

Btw why she is posting ( or her team ) instagram stories right now instead of an an explanation? 

 

3 minutes ago, Unruhe said:

I thought the same... terrible!!

She did post an apology....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, judas2015 said:

Btw why she is posting ( or her team ) instagram stories right now instead of an an explanation? 

Oh well, it isn't like we don't know her team already... 

It will probably come tomorrow, with an IG TV footage of the show. 

Or maybe they're deciding what to do with the rest of the tour and announce tomorrow.

Update: she did post something in the meantime... 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.