IndyMLVC

Re-Invention Tour backdrop videos on eBay

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Does it include bedtime story though ? thats the holy grail hd video for me :)

i see it does - i wonder what the audio is like on these too - must be amazing but how would you even watch these ?

Exactly... how??? 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jackie said:

It would be great if they actually included the full track list.

The track list is there - it’s the one that has all 5 tapes together - you just have to zoom in ( pic 12) -19 tracks beast within to imagine -  I can live without this set though to be honest 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Exactly... how??? 🧐

 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Does it include bedtime story though ? thats the holy grail hd video for me :)

i see it does - i wonder what the audio is like on these too - must be amazing but how would you even watch these ?

I have a Betacam player.  i could easily transfer them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Isn't that seller known for listing items that look good but are nothing but fakes? How would anyone pay that obscene amount of money when it's probably not the only copy out there? :confused:

I don't know the seller but I seriously doubt they created fake Betacam tapes. That's a pretty extreme attempt to fabricate something. 

 

They're also nuts if they think it will ever sell that high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure these arn't backdrops, and it's just proshot footage from June 2nd show in Anaheim, as shown on the screens.

I mean, look at the pics the person provided:

751810428_ScreenShot2020-06-18at11_39.43PMcopy.jpg.7242667d23cd4da3f8cd60cdcb8dbf9c.jpg

It's shot from the screens at the live show. not the actual backdrop video.

It's the same angle as shown in the leaked Lisbon footage

130107117_ScreenShot2020-06-18at11_40.59PMcopy.jpg.607ca90cd4d977be221657014c7fcd30.jpg

 

 

I'm guessing each tape is from a different angle/camera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strays Of The World said:

It's the Betacam master files. They must have recorded the backdrops on Betacam and transferred them into digital files.

I was gonna say the same thing. This is going to be a task to transfer. The Betacam master tapes are huge.This would require a Betacam player just to play it. Otherwise, transfer the film to a Betamax cassette and play it with a Betamax player.

I just asked the seller if could provide a sample clip of the footage within the tapes. Possibly one of the reasons why we never get the HD leaks of the backdrops from drowned world to Confessions, most are taken out of beta copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so expensive for VHS tape copies... Yes it is still rare to have all the backdrops in full, but these aren't even master digital files (which is what the backdrop screen feeds use), just VHS copies (probably for review and backup)... I can't imagine the backdrop operator changing the tapes live in every concert, watching Bedtime Story and suddenly the video gets stuck XDDD.

Also, why fans have to be so rude and bitchy? "DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ASKING ME FOR A COPY OR TRADE. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.This is a very rare and valuable set and I will not depreciate it."

he can keep it then lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

I was gonna say the same thing. This is going to be a task to transfer. The Betacam master tapes are huge.This would require a Betacam player just to play it. Otherwise, transfer the film to a Betamax cassette and play it with a Betamax player.

I just asked the seller if could provide a sample clip of the footage within the tapes. Possibly one of the reasons why we never get the HD leaks of the backdrops from drowned world to Confessions, most are taken out of beta copies.

I have a Betacam player. Betacam was the broadcast standard back then so these were used in-house for something. 

I'm betting that the person who is selling them never even had them transferred because they knew it would be expensive and just decided to sell them. 

I sold some u-matic tapes to one of these collectors and they immediately put it back up on eBay for 4 times the price of what I sold it for. 

They're not fans. They're eBay scalpers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anton5000 said:

This is so expensive for VHS tape copies... Yes it is still rare to have all the backdrops in full, but these aren't even master digital files (which is what the backdrop screen feeds use), just VHS copies (probably for review and backup)... I can't imagine the backdrop operator changing the tapes live in every concert, watching Bedtime Story and suddenly the video gets stuck XDDD.

Also, why fans have to be so rude and bitchy? "DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ASKING ME FOR A COPY OR TRADE. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.This is a very rare and valuable set and I will not depreciate it."

he can keep it then lol.

He’ll never be able to make a sale on this lol.

With that kind of price, buyers will want valid proof as in screenshots and possibly video samples. If you can’t provide that then you won’t be getting any money!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, IndyMLVC said:

I have a Betacam player. Betacam was the broadcast standard back then so these were used in-house for something. 

I'm betting that the person who is selling them never even had them transferred because they knew it would be expensive and just decided to sell them. 

I sold some u-matic tapes to one of these collectors and they immediately put it back up on eBay for 4 times the price of what I sold it for. 

They're not fans. They're eBay scalpers.

Exactly, I just asked the seller for sample video clips from the tapes and he said doesn't have a player to provide samples.

$7,500 is waaay too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.