Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

I don’t have an issue w/those Sorry remixes. I just find it perplexing that it took 3-5 people’s involvement to create them.

And the fact that though they’re remixes (of remixes) of her song, her name is just mixed among them. Even listed as a feature on a couple.

More remixes of Sorry… it doesn’t matter how good or bad they are because the total distortion / replacement (??) of Madonna’s vocal makes them worthless in my eyes. Such a shame. Quality remixes that retained her actual vocal might genuinely have attracted some fresh attention to her biggest hits  

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Friday already in NZ and nothing new on Apple Music NZ, so no "new" release this week.

I guess maybe we could have the "Drowned World/Substitute For Love" single next week, it's the actual 25th anniversary at the end of August.

Yes!! Drowned World/Sky Fits Heaven would be lovely.

The Power Of Good-bye, Don't Tell Me and I'll Remember would be great also.

Next week will be four weeks since Lucky Star. There really is no rhyme or reason to this slow rollout of back catalogue singles/EPs to digital.

Do we still believe that the big announcement from Warner of a back catalogue campaign for Madonna has much steam left in it? We’ve had a million versions of Finally Enough Love, the Erotica picture disc and new artwork and track list for a RSD release for a change (Who’s That Girl? EP and American Life remixes EP) … which would be fine if there were more substantial projects confirmed.

I can’t believe that since the first three albums were remastered on CD with two bonus 12” remixes each over 20 years ago that there’s been nothing remotely approaching super deluxe expanded versions released for any of the Warner albums. 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

2 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

Next week will be four weeks since Lucky Star. There really is no rhyme or reason to this slow rollout of back catalogue singles/EPs to digital.

Do we still believe that the big announcement from Warner of a back catalogue campaign for Madonna has much steam left in it? We’ve had a million versions of Finally Enough Love, the Erotica picture disc and new artwork and track list for a RSD release for a change (Who’s That Girl? EP and American Life remixes EP) … which would be fine if there were more substantial projects confirmed.

I can’t believe that since the first three albums were remastered on CD with two bonus 12” remixes each over 20 years ago that there’s been nothing remotely approaching super deluxe expanded versions released for any of the Warner albums. 

That's because that was the one time she agreed to it prior to the new Warner deal - M is the decision maker 

On 8/18/2023 at 10:13 AM, MadonnaDave said:

It's funny because in some ways, the sleeves were done really well for those. The mastering is not great as the sound has been compressed too much. The 12" remixes are cool additions, but they should've included all of them haha. Like A  Prayer should've also been done.

On 8/17/2023 at 1:48 PM, Prayer said:

Friday already in NZ and nothing new on Apple Music NZ, so no "new" release this week.

I guess maybe we could have the "Drowned World/Substitute For Love" single next week, it's the actual 25th anniversary at the end of August.

I hope you are right. Just so we finally get this incredible remix onto streaming:

3 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

I hope you are right. Just so we finally get this incredible remix onto streaming:

Well, that remix is automatically marked as copyrighted on the description, so that's a sign that the digital release is coming. Same happened with the "Hollywood" remixes, flagged on YouTube weeks before the digital single release.

I'd say this Friday is a good chance, the original release was August 24 1998.

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well, that remix is automatically marked as copyrighted on the description, so that's a sign that the digital release is coming. Same happened with the "Hollywood" remixes, flagged on YouTube weeks before the digital single release.

I'd say this Friday is a good chance, the original release was August 24 1998.

The power of goodbye seems to not be on the database isn't appearing in the videos as copyrighted with it's remixes

Again,it's still far so we can expect copyright popups to appear in the following weeks

On 8/19/2023 at 1:05 PM, BoyToyMark said:

It's funny because in some ways, the sleeves were done really well for those. The mastering is not great as the sound has been compressed too much. The 12" remixes are cool additions, but they should've included all of them haha. Like A  Prayer should've also been done.

Well not really. They fucked up the back cover of Madonna with a stretched picture as you can see with this comparison with the original vinyl IMG_6257.thumb.jpeg.4416c8b6fa9beb6e56f24fb307c52611.jpeg

I personally adore The Power Of Goodbye Remixes, even the techno ones. Good times when they experimented with her songs before the circuit remixes deal (it did get better with Madame X though).

Before Madame X the latest greatest era of remixes was Confessions. 
Hard Candy had a couple of good ones, same for MDNA. Rebel Heart was tragic. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW