Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

They could also leave this one out infinitely as new release to erase the sorry Remixes ep out of release radar.No joke I enjoyed them but seeing them everytime I wanna hear some of her new reissue eps is kind of tiring for @Prayerand i

I've given up with that fight, honestly. If they don't care to make maximum profit and streams, I guess we shouldn't either, as long as we keep getting the singles released.

But I still hate to see the bloody "Sorry" BLOND:ISH remixes EP as her Last Release since August 16. I can't.

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

You had the nerve to come here to say how much You'll See is the one of the weakest singles from entire M's discography at a time when we are celebrating finally its reissue on digital/streaming platforms as well as the possibility of its MV's getting an upscale as day goes by. Of course you have the right to express yourself, tell your heart, everything, as you have always done here. That's why you have earned your right to be unbearable. But do not be ashamed or annoyed at all; this right is actually something to cherish for a lot. If we didn't have different opinions and approaches, we'd be only slaves to the unanimity, and, as a writer from my country said, "every unanimity is stupid."

After all, if M were just a monochromatic artist, without a wide spectrum of singles that can be evaluated from the "strongest ones" to the "weakest ones," by anyone who has an ear to listen to them, she would never be the Queen of Pop nor the most successful female singer ever.

But how am I "always" unbearable and it's "my thing"?

4 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Now I want this on streaming platforms:

Delebarre, please, MAKE IT HAPPEN, AND SOON!!!

Emily should be digging in that warehouse in Brooklyn to give us remasters of all the tours and live goodies for The Celebration, but blankets and holographic sleeves. 

On 10/21/2023 at 3:46 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

You'll See (Remixes) - Street Date Oct 23

Nothing Fails (Remixes) - Street Date Oct 26

This according to a UK Mix Insider

must be a true insider! posted the news before PopJustice and he has been correct before too...he used to post a lot of Digital Remix Packages that were sent to DJs too wayy back as well before any news from anyone (not just Madonna's remixes) :thinker:

Surprised You'll See didn't get the remix treatment, at least as a promo at the time. I could see it having r&b/ dance mixes. 

The DWT live version has always been my favorite live vocal from her ever. Ever. The pop from the audience at MSG in NYC when she sang the first line was crazy. THAT deserves to be released in hq. 

6 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Surprised You'll See didn't get the remix treatment, at least as a promo at the time. I could see it having r&b/ dance mixes. 

The DWT live version has always been my favorite live vocal from her ever. Ever. The pop from the audience at MSG in NYC when she sang the first line was crazy. THAT deserves to be released in hq. 

"You'll See" was given the "Something To Remember" full lead single treatment after Warner decided to pull "I Want You" from that category. Motown released the tribute album where it was going to be included weeks before "Something To Remember" and Warner people were pissed off by that, the agreement was to have both albums out at the same time, so both could benefit from the promo of the song. Remixes were planned and made for it.

So "You'll See" was the substitute. She managed to do a music video for it but maybe it was already too late for remixes?

50 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"You'll See" was given the "Something To Remember" full lead single treatment after Warner decided to pull "I Want You" from that category. Motown released the tribute album where it was going to be included weeks before "Something To Remember" and Warner people were pissed off by that, the agreement was to have both albums out at the same time, so both could benefit from the promo of the song. Remixes were planned and made for it.

So "You'll See" was the substitute. She managed to do a music video for it but maybe it was already too late for remixes?

I hate that whole debacle. Two of my favorite songs and videos. 

big ang vh1 GIF by RealityTVGIFs

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Motown released the tribute album where it was going to be included weeks before "Something To Remember" and Warner people were pissed off by that, the agreement was to have both albums out at the same time, so both could benefit from the promo of the song. Remixes were planned and made for it.

They really fucked that up. I Want You was destined to be a perfect single. Do we have any remixes of that song?

17 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

They really fucked that up. I Want You was destined to be a perfect single. Do we have any remixes of that song?

Apparently Warren Rigg did some remixes that were later bootlegged as Junior Vasquez's ones:

No idea if those were meant to be official or not, but looks like it?

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Actually, Motown was pissed that Warner wanted to promote I Want You as lead single from STR. Warner pulled the plug on the single because they couldn’t come to an agreement with Motown.

8 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Actually, Motown was pissed that Warner wanted to promote I Want You as lead single from STR. Warner pulled the plug on the single because they couldn’t come to an agreement with Motown.

Oh really? I always thought it was the other way around. I think I read that here:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2014/10/17/today-in-madonna-history-october-17-1995/

While the video was put into rotation on music video channels in early October, plans to release the track as a single were scrapped due to label disagreements between Motown – who insisted on releasing the tribute album several weeks ahead of Something To Remember – and Warner. Perhaps fearing that Warner would withdraw their permission to include Madonna’s vocals on the tribute, Motown wisely ceded to its inclusion on Madonna’s own retrospective. 

Guess Motown wanted to have their own album weeks before and it being the only album where the song would be available and Warner to include the song on "Something To Remember" and Motown didn't want that.

In the end we lost cause it wasn't a full single. But we got "You'll See" instead.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Oh really? I always thought it was the other way around. I think I read that here:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2014/10/17/today-in-madonna-history-october-17-1995/

While the video was put into rotation on music video channels in early October, plans to release the track as a single were scrapped due to label disagreements between Motown – who insisted on releasing the tribute album several weeks ahead of Something To Remember – and Warner. Perhaps fearing that Warner would withdraw their permission to include Madonna’s vocals on the tribute, Motown wisely ceded to its inclusion on Madonna’s own retrospective. 

Guess Motown wanted to have their own album weeks before and it being the only album where the song would be available and Warner to include the song on "Something To Remember" and Motown didn't want that.

In the end we lost cause it wasn't a full single. But we got "You'll See" instead.

Yeah Motown feared that their tribute album would not get as many sales if I Want You wasn’t exclusive to their release. If the song was released as a single, it would’ve been even worse for Motown. 

Motown probably demanded a huge share of money generated from the release or certain rights to the single if Warner went through with their initial plan. The semi-agreement was likely what we ended up getting. No single release but the orchestral version as bonus track on STR.

Truly a shame. The song is amazing and Madonna seemingly liked it so much, she even considered performing it at the DWT before changing it to Lo Que Siente La Mujer.

That said ALL tracks on the Marvin Gaye tribute album had a video made and released at the same time (U2, Nona Gaye, Neneh Cherry...) plus there was a vhs that was scrapped (Madonna's video was not on it) and the whole promo was scrapped too. There was a TV special on the line (the reason why the videos got made) but that was scrapped as well. The album was panned by critics though it's quite good, Nona Gaye (Marvin"s daughter) cover of Inner City Blues is brilliantly produced by Me'shell N'degeOcello and Wendy&Lisa play on it, the Bono track is produced by Nellee Hooper and the Neneh Cherry cover (which also appeared on her album MAN) is very good. I don't remember the other tracks. So i don't know if I Want You really was planned as a single as there were videos made for the whole album.

21 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Yeah Motown feared that their tribute album would not get as many sales if I Want You wasn’t exclusive to their release. If the song was released as a single, it would’ve been even worse for Motown. 

Motown probably demanded a huge share of money generated from the release or certain rights to the single if Warner went through with their initial plan. The semi-agreement was likely what we ended up getting. No single release but the orchestral version as bonus track on STR.

Truly a shame. The song is amazing and Madonna seemingly liked it so much, she even considered performing it at the DWT before changing it to Lo Que Siente La Mujer.

Was this rehearsed at any stage of the production?

4 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Do we think that Nothing Fails is coming 26 October as the insider said or was it a error?

I think it's gonna be in October 27 that will be the time date for the release I am sure

Oh I absolutely love this! My favorite remix ever. I love the one that appeared in a Peter Rauhoffer compilation/collection. I danced to it many many mornings in an after hours when I was very young 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW