Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

This is very interesting. 

So assuming it's not the album remaster and it's a single remaster what would the tracking look like?

1. Material Girl 
  2. Material Girl (extended dance mix) – 6:05
  3. Material Girl (video version) ...this would be cool.
  4. Pretender – 4:28
  5. Into the Groove – 4:45
  6. Angel (extended dance mix) – 6:14

Is the 7" version on FEL actually any different from the album version? It's the same length no?

My favourite version is the cold ending on Immaculate TBH

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Can you check Angel Extended version and Into The Groove where you are as they were on the Japanese release?

Into the groove doesn't seem to be copyrighted and Angel is not copyrighted as the extended dance neither remastered sadly

4 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

LOOK! either we are getting the reissue this year or the remix single is coming! 

Screenshot_2024-01-21-10-36-01-472_com.google.android.youtube-edit.thumb.jpg.9e001971e4dd7fa0d8ab141866f9a10d.jpg 

Screenshot_2024-01-21-10-39-25-314_com.google.android.youtube-edit.thumb.jpg.577ec40c6f126fc76da1802ec894d2ab.jpg

Other album tracks are not Remastered judging by tags

3 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

Like a Virgin 40. 

My bet it's a tie in to the 40th anniversary of LAV album.  This may very well be that "landmark" album that is getting re-issued.  Hope that is the case.  Other than that, I can see them getting the singles ready for some sort of 40th Celebration. 

I'll be shocked that if there isn't something big coming our way regarding LAV 40. This truly is the album that made her a global star!

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

This is very interesting. 

So assuming it's not the album remaster and it's a single remaster what would the tracking look like?

1. Material Girl 
  2. Material Girl (extended dance mix) – 6:05
  3. Material Girl (video version) ...this would be cool.
  4. Pretender – 4:28
  5. Into the Groove – 4:45
  6. Angel (extended dance mix) – 6:14

Is the 7" version on FEL actually any different from the album version? It's the same length no?

The 2024 Remaster is a rerecorded version. XD

On 1/15/2024 at 6:56 PM, rayofciccone said:

They need to add Let Down Your Guard to Secret

We need all the remaining missing songs on streaming

Let Down Your Guard 

Ain’t No Big Deal

at a minimum 

And if we’re being optimistic here, Broken

etc

and the most keenly missed renixes

Causing a Commotion

Dress You Up

etc

Surely it’s time? 

Put Ain’t No Big Deal on a Dress You Up, put Guard on a Secret EP with the Instrumental, the Edit again and if they’re feeling generous (lol I know right?!) any outstanding commercially released remixes 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Considering they’re mostly going with the UK/US tracklists, I guess the Material Girl single on streaming will just be this:

01 - Material Girl (2024 Remaster)

02 - Material Girl (Extended Dance Remix - 2024 Remaster)

03 - Pretender (2024 Remaster)

The Angel Remix and Into the Groove were on the Japanese tracklist but I feel like an Angel/Into the Groove single is more likely. I also don’t see them releasing the Video Version as it was never commercially released. The 7“ Version from Finally Enough Love is just the album version.

And The Immaculate Collection version is also my favorite, I love the little extra echos and the cold ending as well. :) 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Considering they’re mostly going with the UK/US tracklists, I guess the Material Girl single on streaming will just be this:

The Angel Remix and Into the Groove were on the Japanese tracklist but I feel like an Angel/Into the Groove single is more likely. I also don’t see them releasing the Video Version as it was never commercially released. The 7“ Version from Finally Enough Love is just the album version.

And The Immaculate Collection version is also my favorite, I love the little extra echos and the cold ending as well. :) 

The tracklist you mentioned is exactly the one copyrighted 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do you know what are the differences of the video version and the album or 7" version?

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

My bet it's a tie in to the 40th anniversary of LAV album.  This may very well be that "landmark" album that is getting re-issued.  Hope that is the case.  Other than that, I can see them getting the singles ready for some sort of 40th Celebration. 

I'll be shocked that if there isn't something big coming our way regarding LAV 40. This truly is the album that made her a global star!

Agree. It’s really her first landmark album. They will probably only select 2 or 3 Landmark albums anyhow. 

if they do chose LAV (FInally) as an expanded release - there are so many goodies they could include - the full Virgin Tour (prob never happen though) the visonquest demos including the clips we hear in the movie which have different vocals and arrangements -obvs Warning Signs and maybe even a full soundboard or rehearsal from VT - didnt someone say there are unreleased nile rogers remixes too ?

MG digital single personally seems pointless to me - we pretty much are done with the streaming singles now surely ?? jsut release the rest with the expanded releases ?

oh and someone please sack mike dean and replace with stuart - hes a terrible sound engineer imo.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW