Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

16 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

4 min upscale looks kinda bright and blur compare to master 

sK2aZKxBhsM.jpg?size=1564x1564&quality=9

Is the image above from the original video, though? Looks like an AI/retouched upscale too.

The thing is in the "4 Minutes" video she was airbrushed to the max (her and everyone else in music videos at that time, to be fair, it was a 00s thing) so an upscale was always going to be challenging with that.

Plus I think they've taken for the 4K upscale the 2016? master... Around that time some of her videos were updated on VEVO I think? And definitely on the "Celebration" iTunes Video edition with brighter masters (if you preview the videos on iTunes you can check that out). I don't know why, maybe as a way of hidding imperfections from some of the old videos? Whatever.

It was talked about here:

58 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Is the image above from the original video, though? Looks like an AI/retouched upscale too.

The thing is in the "4 Minutes" video she was airbrushed to the max (her and everyone else in music videos at that time, to be fair, it was a 00s thing) so an upscale was always going to be challenging with that.

Plus I think they've taken for the 4K upscale the 2016? master... Around that time some of her videos were updated on VEVO I think? And definitely on the "Celebration" iTunes Video edition with brighter masters (if you preview the videos on iTunes you can check that out). I don't know why, maybe as a way of hidding imperfections from some of the old videos? Whatever.

It was talked about here:

well i suppose this master video upscaled too 

but at least it looks more natural and not blured 

Y4aZMGIKuoE.jpg?size=1564x1564&quality=9

21 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Was the move on 4 minutes at 3:37 when Justin rips off her corset a reference to the Janet Jackson Super Bowl incident or did that happen later ?

Janet happened in 2004 and I definitely think it was poking fun at the incident.

3 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Was the move on 4 minutes at 3:37 when Justin rips off her corset a reference to the Janet Jackson Super Bowl incident or did that happen later ?

I never noticed that before either. I also noticed her boots transition from flats to heels (depending on the moves she was doing) When she's jumping on the cars they are flat (obviously, no one could do that in heels). 

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Hard Candy is a fabulous album. 4 Minutes is a bop, and there’s a movement to make it a gay cult classic.

I love it.

They played it at a club I went to yesterday and most of the people were vibing to it and sang along. The song was really popular here in Germany. It’s mostly the COADF preachers that got mad she immediately changed directions to a more urban sound immediately after that album.

51 minutes ago, MPowered said:

They played it at a club I went to yesterday and most of the people were vibing to it and sang along. The song was really popular here in Germany. It’s mostly the COADF preachers that got mad she immediately changed directions to a more urban sound immediately after that album.

Anyone in their 30s/20s loves that song. It was massive back in the day when they were in high school/middle school, and it’s still a bop today.

Ive been to numerous Madonna parties through the yrs, and every time that song comes on it gets the biggest reception.

Just dance along! It feels good!

59 minutes ago, MPowered said:

4 Minutes is actually her last appreciated song by the general public. 15 years & still fresh! 😎

5 hours ago, jemboy1973 said:

I have not watched this video for a long time. It feels very dated now the Timberland stuff but maybe it's just me? 4 Minutes is not a go to song for me. I don't think I listen to Hard Candy much either. It's only now 20 years later that I have started to enjoy American Life more. 

Dated??? It’s the opposite… looks cool & trendy. TikTok vibes.

47 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Still pissed that The Pet Shop Boys were also asked to collaborate with Madonna on Hard Candy by Warner Bros., but the record company later changed their mind and withdrew their invitation.

Thank god it never happened… Pet Store Men hell boring group. 💀💀💀

6 hours ago, jemboy1973 said:

I have not watched this video for a long time. It feels very dated now the Timberland stuff but maybe it's just me? 4 Minutes is not a go to song for me. I don't think I listen to Hard Candy much either. It's only now 20 years later that I have started to enjoy American Life more. 

The whole album sounds dated to me now because it was so overused by the time M jumped on the Timberlake / land bus 🤪

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Hard Candy is a fabulous album. 4 Minutes is a bop, and there’s a movement to make it a gay cult classic.

I love it.

+1

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Still pissed that The Pet Shop Boys were also asked to collaborate with Madonna on Hard Candy by Warner Bros., but the record company later changed their mind and withdrew their invitation.

+1

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW