Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

Mariah Carey would like to have a word.

But that's not true. We've had this discussion before.  She doesn't have every single edit, 7 inch edit. 7 inch fade, promo,  and every remix from her whole catalog up on streaming and digital release.  That was debunked in the past when you made this claim when others listed a number of her songs, promos, edits, remixes, etc, which aren't available on her digital and streaming platforms.

5 hours ago, Drowned World said:

Nah, M should pass on that and do another collab with The Weeknd instead! then hopefully he can help produce her next album. As an artist he takes risks and seems to have much bigger reach.

Why pick one? She can do both of those things haha. 
I think if she did an album with Max Martin, The Weeknd and Stuart would put her back on top

14 minutes ago, Drowned World said:

I think it's more a case of choosing to collab with someone who I think shares her vision and her creativity more than anything. Having a kinship and doing a collab for the right reasons. Artists that push her and match her willingness to take risks are better than those who I think play it safe for success. Don't get me wrong, it's nice when something is successful but it's not the be all and end all.

why does she have to collaborate at all with anyone - personally im tired of the charts in general - its become so formulaic now for artists to collaborate  with others - if the only reason is just to get back in the charts that just contrived if you ask me - thats not what songwriting and making music should be about.... M has always said she doesnt make music in a contrived way. i just want want her to make good mature music that doesnt reference "bitch " or swearing ...

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

why does she have to collaborate at all with anyone - personally im tired of the charts in general - its become so formulaic now for artists to collaborate  with others - if the only reason is just to get back in the charts that just contrived if you ask me - thats not what songwriting and making music should be about.... M has always said she doesnt make music in a contrived way. i just want want her to make good mature music that doesnt reference "bitch " or swearing ...

Then go listen to Barbara Striesand.  I mean; c'mon?  How long have you've known Madonna?  For much of her career, she's used offensive language and produced offensive visuals.  If she really cared about the charts, then she would be making far more safer music and videos, but she isn't.

11 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why pick one? She can do both of those things haha. 
I think if she did an album with Max Martin, The Weeknd and Stuart would put her back on top

Yeah, Max Martin does most of The Weeknd songs anyway. Half Martin/The Weeknd and half Stuart would be gay heaven.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I believe this is coming soon to streaming due to chances and prob the suspicious copyright system detecting a single and radio edit LONG before

Homever happy UK anniversary tomorrow!

There's definitely nothing "new" coming tomorrow, since it's already Friday in NZ and nothing:

https://music.apple.com/nz/artist/madonna/20044

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

There's definitely nothing "new" coming tomorrow, since it's already Friday in NZ and nothing:

https://music.apple.com/nz/artist/madonna/20044

I meant the next week probably

Or could Emily mess this up again and leave it for a 21 anniversary?

Ray of light got 2 singles more,no excuse to not put Hollywood in the streaming system

Thanks for the info though!

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

Why the hell did Erotica get all five remix EPs (four if you count that Erotica was already out) and Ray Of Light only got two. I don't understand her team at all. 

I assume due to it being the biggest album anniversary we had apart of the true blue one at that time i think?

Biggest in numbers like 30 apart of true blue 

59 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Why the hell did Erotica get all five remix EPs (four if you count that Erotica was already out) and Ray Of Light only got two. I don't understand her team at all. 

I was hoping we’d get the Power of Goodbye and Drowned World/Sky Fits Heaven eps. There are some good remixes there.

Real shot in the dark but I wish her team would drop the I’ll Remember single. The Orbit mixes are nice and chill.

Next year will be the 30th of BS and the 40th of LAV right around the same time. That’ll be interesting. We already have all the BS singles; maybe she’ll finally officially release that Tupac remix.

Honestly..The fact that Bedtime Stories and Erotica had all their singles released to streaming makes me think we ain't gonna get a Special Edition. Hold on to your Erotica picture disc because that's all you getting girls. I think the same is probably true for American Life. Yes she holds them dear (Erotica & American Life) and they have been reappraised in recent years, but I'm not sure Warner would see the commercial interest in releasing her two commercial low points. I also really don't see her wanting a special edition of her Frankenstein album as she referred to it. The weird thing is Bedtime Story is actually the album of hers I put one the most cause despite the polar soundscapes its a whole vibe and flows the best. Id love another Bedtime Stories vibe n chill record form her but I think that ship has sailed now. 

In other news despite loathing the Hard Candy album Dance 2night came on shuffle earlier and honestly. It's held up really really well. I still bop. I can see a song like that having some viral Tik Tok moment. The chorus is a vibe and infectious and has a nice message.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:59 PM, wtg1987 said:

Well, yeah I’m kinda tired of the collabs too, but to be honest it was really cool and exciting to see Madonna climbing the charts with her The Weeknd collab. 

She went from #195 to #60 as artist of the world spotify chart. Who don’t wanna see their favs at the top? 

On 7/6/2023 at 5:35 PM, MikeyK said:

I was hoping we’d get the Power of Goodbye and Drowned World/Sky Fits Heaven eps. There are some good remixes there.

Real shot in the dark but I wish her team would drop the I’ll Remember single. The Orbit mixes are nice and chill.

Next year will be the 30th of BS and the 40th of LAV right around the same time. That’ll be interesting. We already have all the BS singles; maybe she’ll finally officially release that Tupac remix.

We’ll probably get the Drowned World EP next month and The Power Of Goodbye in the fall, just like the original release. 

On 7/8/2023 at 4:57 AM, cosmic_system said:

We’ll probably get the Drowned World EP next month and The Power Of Goodbye in the fall, just like the original release. 

Screenshot_2023-07-09-11-10-53-487_com.google.android.youtube-edit.thumb.jpg.46ba97275e457450d13d44d936458640.jpg

On YouTube this is copyrighted,so ik guessing it might come soon same as Hollywood!

Only thing I know is there's something going on.More ray of light singles are getting identified in copyright digitally and more american life singles and perhaps even more.If no single comes they are just getting their database game on or they have something planned..

I think Janet has one of the most comprehensive remix catalogs on streaming. Depeche Mode too. Other than that I can’t think of a single legacy artist or group with complete releases. Smashing Pumpkins maybe? I can name major holes in almost every artist I love’s catalogs on streaming. It’s nice Madonna is slowly making her way, I hope they keep giving us new/rare goodies.

Do y'all think her team will release Hollywood  on 14?They better because if not Emily will hear my words

I would hate a 28 july release my vacations would be ended by that time

I know that's too much haha but anyways Emily is not that evil right?

Plus Emily would not release a AMERICAN LIFE single one day after the anniversary of her first album right?

Knowing her,she would.Hoping and waiting to be proved wrong..

On 6/18/2023 at 7:48 AM, MPowered said:

Mariah Carey would like to have a word.

Exactly.

As someone pointed out, Mariah’s catalog that was uploaded is missing about TWO things that fans are really clamoring for.

Completely the same as the several officially released mixes not released on streaming with the newly released EP’s.

Madonna missing over 100 official mixes, Mariah missing less than 5. 

People know most of Madonna’s streaming EP’s are severely lacking compared to the likes of Mariah Carey.

Hopefully this gets resolved at some point.

54 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I think Janet has one of the most comprehensive remix catalogs on streaming. Depeche Mode too. Other than that I can’t think of a single legacy artist or group with complete releases. Smashing Pumpkins maybe? I can name major holes in almost every artist I love’s catalogs on streaming. It’s nice Madonna is slowly making her way, I hope they keep giving us new/rare goodies.

Only Rhythm Nation has about 99% of its albums remixes up on streaming.

The janet. album is sorely lacking, minus Because of Love.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW