Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, MerBoy13 said:

This

Madonna loves to not give her fans what they want. It’s like a point of principle with her.

I’m not sure I even believe that there will be expanded album reissues at this point….  and if there are then I kind of assume that they will be super disappointing. Just giving a selection of remixes previously available on the commercially released CD  and vinyl singles at the time.

The digital singles reissues campaign is just painfully slow and protracted. I wouldn’t even care if I could still copy my mp3s over to my iPhone to play through the Apple Music app. 

I know they all sounds negative/pessimistic, but I’ve been a fan for so long that I know how it is.

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Ok well that’s all folks. If the Holiday single isn’t coming Friday then I don’t think we’re in for a debut special edition this year. Like A Virgin 2024 it is. 

All is on streaming.Not that exciting for me and they are not gonna fix the wrong 7" on finally enough love,when they are convinced they are right they think they are right and won't let anyone say then otherwise 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Ok well that’s all folks. If the Holiday single isn’t coming Friday then I don’t think we’re in for a debut special edition this year. Like A Virgin 2024 it is. 

To be honest I think we will see at least an announcement before the end of the year, but seeing how everything has been handled, it will be probably a reissue with a few remixes included and that’s it. 

I don’t think the reissues are a priority at all seeing how they have missed every important date. 

im with shoful we have to move on and just expect what we will get: either nothing at all or a low profile, low effort and low priority project like it has been treated. Evidently all the work has been put into the “world” tour. 

Aside from the weird Don’t Tell Me blooper, Finally Enough Love was really well done and a HUGE commercial success.

The tribute to Peter was also very well done and produced solely by Madonna.

And for those few members that love digital releases, the Immaculate Collection was very well done.

3 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Aside from the weird Don’t Tell Me blooper, Finally Enough Love was really well done and a HUGE commercial success.

And for those few members that love digital releases, the Immaculate Collection was very well done.

Exactly! Appreciate!

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Yes we know. Nobody’s saying nothing’s been done, we’re saying what most of us want is expansive reissues and we still have not seen anything about them. 

That was exactly my point; the reissues are clearly not a priority for their team, and the work on other projects has been prioritized over the reissues (FEL, the RSD releases, singles in streaming, Dolby atmos remix of TIC, the “world” tour, etc)

I’m sure you can agree on that

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not salty about it. If reissues happen they happen but I think we need to lower our expectations and ignore anniversaries as there is no cohesive plan. The tour is the priority and potentially new music . 
It just seems odd that the tour is the 40th greatest hits Celebration and they’re not folding the debut into that. 

A digital EP or 12” vinyl single only goes so far. The haphazard Prince model of release seems to be the template we should look towards and that with Prince out of the conversation. We know Madonna is heavily involved and her plans are often dropped or pushed back, changed etc. 

It’s fine but it finally seemed we were sort of getting something after 40 years worth of no special editions or anniversaries. 

Im a Madonna fan. I’m used to it. Time will tell, but expectations are now low.

Shame but hey. She’s still here. I’d rather new albums tbh anyway. These five year gaps are torture. 

1 minute ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Screenshot_2023-09-07-06-28-06-459_com.google.android.youtube-edit.thumb.jpg.e1afeb229aa97e786c71c06303021ec2.jpg

THE POWER OF GOODBYE NEXT!

Good find!

Well, at least we'll have all "Ray Of Light" singes and THAT amazing single cover on digital.

Madonna-Sing53ThePowerOfGoodbye.thumb.jpg.d5fed0d6aa3d7e05a9f9d59eadffdfda.jpg

The original was released on September 22 1998, according to Wiki, so we should have it September 22 this month, Friday.

I desperately hope Die Another Day and Nothing Fails/Nobody Knows Me come next month (as much as Love Profusion and Don't Tell Me still this year) so we get finally all 00's EP's available digitally!!!

And @Prayer I am also a chronic OCD'er by nature (diagnosed more than 2 decades ago and etc) so I fully get the problem with fixing original release dates of EP's on platforms! Ofc worst situation ever is YouTube Music's one!!! Such a mess and this is the only platform in my understanding that offers in their free version the possibility to listen to every single track of any album and in their meant order!!! Naturally AD's and random interruptions are a pain in the ass, but I rather use it even than the Deezer Premium I have!!! (Deezer was much better a couple of years ago, at least in my home country...)

4 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

yay, now if they can release the HD video for TPOG on the same day as they've done before we'll be happy til the next release

I suspect after American Life, 4 Minutes and Hollywood got "4K treatment," there won't be any "upscale" to HD anymore, probably Emily/Delebarre's afraid we M fans won't be satisfied with less than "4K." Hope so hard to be proven wrong but it's suspicious LS and DW/STL haven't got their HD upscales on YT as of now.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW