MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

I really want all the 80’s ones because we know so little about extras and I think they’re the ones that would benefit most from a remaster. 
Outside of that Erotica is absolute key. 

I don’t think we’ll get one but with Bedtime Stories being such an important comeback record ill bet there’s absolutely loads of demos and stuff we really just don’t know about while they tried to hone the sound. I imagine it’s probably a project where Warner had way more say in what made the cut than some of her other records after the Erotics debacle. 

I feel like we know so much about Ray Of Light onwards and most of it has leaked so I think those eras will likely be just a tidy up of what we already have. I just don’t imagine there’s anything left from Ray Of Light to surface apart from maybe early demos of stuff we already have. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Didn’t they remix be careful ( duet with Ricky Martin in 1999) would love to hear that unreleased song 🥰

See things like this would get me really excited if they were somehow worked into the reissues. Totally unreleased mixes (if they actually exist). Yes, I remember reading that they and Victor Calderone had remixed "Be Careful" if not for a full single release, at least promo mixes for the clubs. I don't remember if that came from a Billboard article at the time or just fan fiction that spiraled.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I don’t think we’ll get one but with Bedtime Stories being such an important comeback record ill bet there’s absolutely loads of demos and stuff we really just don’t know about while they tried to hone the sound. I imagine it’s probably a project where Warner had way more say in what made the cut than some of her other records after the Erotics debacle. 

It would be incredible to hear the demos written by Shep Pettibone, Something's coming over me, which is Secret in the style of Erotica, and I will always have you, which is Inside of me but more similar to Crazy for you, apparently. As you know, she abandoned Shep (like she did with Pat Leonard in 1997) but thanked him in the liner notes of the booklet.

And then we have many unheard tracks: 

Bring it - Tongue tied - Goodtime - To love you (written for I'm Breathless and reworked)

Apparently some collectors have these demos... I'd be glad to hear snippets just to have an idea how they sound...

She did a lot of stuff with Dallas Austin, including songs we don’t know about. Plus Madonna wasn’t very happy with a lot of Austin’s final productions, thinking they sounded too much like a “demo,” which is why certain songs on the album were reworked by Nellee & Daniel Abraham. Would be cool to hear Austin’s original versions (instead of just the leaked instrumentals). Plus, there’s Babyfaces original Forbidden Love, as that song was reworked by Nellee for the album.

As with all the albums, just because something didn’t leak or wasn’t registered on a publishing database, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist :) 

I really hope Music includes JBs downtempo mix of American Pie and Time Stood Still. 

I wonder if the demos selected will be stuff that fits that vibe of the album we got eventually to keep the package cohesive? 

Like… I can imagine Run and La Petit working on Music but Like An Angel and Arioso feel so much more like Ray Of Light era. 

Angels With Dirty Faces feels like much more of a Who’s That Girl era song than Like A Prayer that it would sort of stick out like a sore thumb. 

While I do like things nicely organised in to eras I suppose I wouldn’t be mad if we got the songs that fit the vibe on the rereleases and those that don’t on a double CD like Mariahs The Rarities. 

I suppose I’ll have to get my clown make up ready for when the releases only have minimal stuff we already know and have 🤡 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I really hope Music includes JBs downtempo mix of American Pie and Time Stood Still. 

I wonder if the demos selected will be stuff that fits that vibe of the album we got eventually to keep the package cohesive? 

Like… I can imagine Run and La Petit working on Music but Like An Angel and Arioso feel so much more like Ray Of Light era. 

Angels With Dirty Faces feels like much more of a Who’s That Girl era song than Like A Prayer that it would sort of stick out like a sore thumb. 

While I do like things nicely organised in to eras I suppose I wouldn’t be mad if we got the songs that fit the vibe on the rereleases and those that don’t on a double CD like Mariahs The Rarities. 

I suppose I’ll have to get my clown make up ready for when the releases only have minimal stuff we already know and have 🤡 

To me all the demos from Music fits very well on Music, of course the Orbit’s touch is massive but at the same time it doesn’t have a ROL vibe. Same for Beautiful Stranger. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

To me all the demos from Music fits very well on Music, of course the Orbit’s touch is massive but at the same time it doesn’t have a ROL vibe. Same for Beautiful Stranger. 

Fair enough. I don't personally think there's anything that fits into that Classical influenced orchestral / chamber music / waltz  sound on Music. Obviously there are strings but they're not the defining characteristic of the song unlike Ray Of Light era which very much leans into that soundscape. Arioso, Like An Angel, Little Girl, Alone Again fir the sonic template of ROL era to my ears a lot more.  Just my take x

And as we have witnessed it with Confessions, Erotica & Bedtime Stories, there are also early mixes of the whole albums that differs a bit (and sometimes a lot)

I have a theory about Angels With Dirty Faces, she could have been asked to write a song for We're No Angels starring Sean Penn, De Niro & Demi Moore but it was abandonned when she separated from Sean while the movie was in production. It sounds so different from the rest of what we've heard so far from the LAP sessions 

On 8/25/2022 at 4:06 PM, Pootz333 said:

See things like this would get me really excited if they were somehow worked into the reissues. Totally unreleased mixes (if they actually exist). Yes, I remember reading that they and Victor Calderone had remixed "Be Careful" if not for a full single release, at least promo mixes for the clubs. I don't remember if that came from a Billboard article at the time or just fan fiction that spiraled.

Never heard about Calderone remixing it but I do remember reading remixes were done by Pablo Flores

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Me too - I think it was even planned as a single but I don’t think M had time to do a video as she was getting ready for the next best thing 🥺

Yes it was planned as a single...as for TNBT...not sure if that's why? I think it was meant to be the second single which was released summer 99 which means the video wouldve been filmed around the time of Beautiful Stranger if my timeline is correct. I just think she lost interest. What I do not understand is why they pitched her down and made her sound like a man!

On 8/26/2022 at 8:49 PM, Karma said:

"Erotica" Picture Disc in the works?

Release Date: 2022.10.21.

Barcode: 0603497837618

https://mgrecords.hu/node/264156

I'm not convinced yet that this is official. And I'll be mad as hell if they just reissue a picture disc with no extra tracks or cool packaging. 

12 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I'm not convinced yet that this is official. And I'll be mad as hell if they just reissue a picture disc with no extra tracks or cool packaging. 

I think in this case it’s ok. Since this is the rarest picture disc and it never got an official release. And it should be an exact repress of the original.