MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

The thing is she will have secured magazine deals, press articles and possible tv articles along with other promo material for the tour and the debut anniversary. Some of these will be able to be pulled or moved and some simply won’t. The think pieces and possible any covers or lead articles may have to go to press because of publications timelines and deadlines wether Madonna’s camp are ready or not. If guy hasn’t arranged any of this then he’s a damn fool. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

The thing is she will have secured magazine deals, press articles and possible tv articles along with other promo material for the tour and the debut anniversary. Some of these will be able to be pulled or moved and some simply won’t. The think pieces and possible any covers or lead articles may have to go to press because of publications timelines and deadlines wether Madonna’s camp are ready or not. If guy hasn’t arranged any of this then he’s a damn fool. 

Very well said!!  Though, I suspect, M40 promo is probably minimal.  I'm sure if there is anything more, it would have been done long before she went into the hospital.  The question is how much of it is tied into the tour? They surely won't be publishing things that talk about a tour that isn't happening at the moment.  Honestly, M40 doesn't require a lot of effort on Madonna's part for promotion. A lot of that could be put together by other people, by creating ads with the album cover or videos, using her music videos, etc.  M40 would mostly appeal to the fans, so there really won't have to be anything promotional other than creating images, videos showing a newly packaged expanded deluxe album, pulling from images and videos already available.  Meanwhile, certain music and entertainment magazines could have a write up about how the album is 40 years old, like they've done in the past when it was 30 or 20 years old.

1 hour ago, MikeyK said:

Perhaps they’ll have commissioned a lithograph that says “ Live, Laugh, Lucky Star”, w/a drawing of her based on the album photoshoot. Would go great w/the “Burning Up” set of scented candles that have her face printed on them.

The way I would not put it past them. :dead:

3 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Remember when Guy said pause all commitments?!!! I guess the M40 will be scheduled for next year. 

I think that really refers to anything that would require Madonna's presence such as the tour.  They can still release the 40th Anniversary of her debut album. I really can't see why they would wait another year to do that, unless they aren't acknowledging it's actual 40th anniversary. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Thank you.

Some go on and on starting multiple threads about the same thing when they know very little about the topic at hand and only know how to use Google. :)

39 minutes ago, tscott said:

I think that really refers to anything that would require Madonna's presence such as the tour.  They can still release the 40th Anniversary of her debut album. I really can't see why they would wait another year to do that, unless they aren't acknowledging its actual 40th anniversary. 

True, it’s just confusing tbh… let’s wait and see… but personally after what happened to her I just don’t care about anything except her being healthy and happy. 💕

15 minutes ago, Ayham said:

True, it’s just confusing tbh… let’s wait and see… but personally after what happened to her I just don’t care about anything except her being healthy and happy. 💕

Oh I agree.  My biggest concern is her health.  It's just I'm still hopeful something will come of M40.  If not, then it is what it is.  The fun part of all this, is the speculating of the possibilities.  All part of the point of a discussion forum!  Of course, no one knows shit, yet like in any topic we all get a bit passionate about her and the possibility of things to come.  I certainly don't take it too seriously.  But it's fun to share our opinions and ideas.  It's all good! :luv:

On 7/23/2023 at 3:18 AM, wtg1987 said:

I can’t believe we are still talking about FEL - a release from nearly a year ago 🙄

anyway get better M 🥰😘

Most artists only release albums every two or three years.  That was part of why Prince was so angry at WB back in the day--he wanted to release 2 or 3 albums a year, but Warner's was worried that the market would be oversaturated. 

In Madonna's situation, things might play out a bit differently since these are reissues and not new albums, but it's still unlikely that we will get more than one a year.  The more casual fans and the general public aren't going to want or be able to buy multiple expensive box sets a year, not to mention the fact that they are going to want to milk each one of these for as many sales as possible. 

I think you should probably try to make peace with the idea that next year at this time you'll be complaining and eye rolling that we're still talking about the first album reissue instead of Like a Virgin.

1 hour ago, momosfantasy said:

Most artists only release albums every two or three years.  That was part of why Prince was so angry at WB back in the day--he wanted to release 2 or 3 albums a year, but Warner's was worried that the market would be oversaturated. 

In Madonna's situation, things might play out a bit differently since these are reissues and not new albums, but it's still unlikely that we will get more than one a year.  The more casual fans and the general public aren't going to want or be able to buy multiple expensive box sets a year, not to mention the fact that they are going to want to milk each one of these for as many sales as possible. 

I think you should probably try to make peace with the idea that next year at this time you'll be complaining and eye rolling that we're still talking about the first album reissue instead of Like a Virgin.

Even if I understand what you are writing, one reissue album a year doesn't make any sense to me. It would mean this campaign will last for 15 years? Cannot imagine that, especially if Madonna is still here, completely active, performing, making new music. 

But we will see, this is what really puzzles me.. How is it planned at Warner really? One album a year, therefore running campaign for 15 years seems to be highly unlikely, at the same time, releasing 4 reissues a year doesn't make any sense as well. 

35 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Even if I understand what you are writing, one reissue album a year doesn't make any sense to me. It would mean this campaign will last for 15 years? Cannot imagine that, especially if Madonna is still here, completely active, performing, making new music. 

But we will see, this is what really puzzles me.. How is it planned at Warner really? One album a year, therefore running campaign for 15 years seems to be highly unlikely, at the same time, releasing 4 reissues a year doesn't make any sense as well. 

You have to remember, part of the deal only specifies re-issues of expanded deluxe sets of "landmark" albums.  It never said they would release one for every album.  The press statement was clear it was a multi-year deal, and further mentioned that the Interscope albums would become part of Warners by 2025.  Does that mean or guarantee they will get new expanded re-issues?  No. As stated, they mentioned "landmark" albums, not all!  And let's be clear, I am not saying it won't happen with the Interscope albums; I'm just pointing out there was no specification that ALL her albums will get a Deluxe re-issue.  And yes, this deal can go on as long as Warner and Madonna wants.  No one is saying that a re-issue will happen yearly (except fans speculating).  No one knows how often a release will happen or how many of these re-issues will happen.  It's in all encompassing deal for her full catalog, which definitely allows Madonna and Warner to curate special releases, whether its re-issues of landmark albums or new projects that dip into any of her catalog, which include compilations, soundtracks, studio albums, etc.

The problem I am seeing is that some what to narrate the deal the way they WANT it to be.  And while, I can understand we all have our hopes and wishes; that doesn't mean that's how this deal is going to unfold.  I'm certain that Warner and Madonna went into this deal with a general idea that they were going curated her back catalog in a variety of ways for a long time to come which includes re-issues.  This deal allows Warners and Madonna to work together in paying homage to her back catalog for what could be for an unsee-able future! 

27 minutes ago, tscott said:

You have to remember, part of the deal only specifies re-issues of expanded deluxe sets of "landmark" albums.  It never said they would release one for every album.  The press statement was clear it was a multi-year deal, and further mentioned that the Interscope albums would become part of Warners by 2025.  Does that mean or guarantee they will get new expanded re-issues?  No. As stated, they mentioned "landmark" albums, not all!  And let's be clear, I am not saying it won't happen with the Interscope albums; I'm just pointing out there was no specification that ALL her albums will get a Deluxe re-issue.  And yes, this deal can go on as long as Warner and Madonna wants.  No one is saying that a re-issue will happen yearly (except fans speculating).  No one knows how often a release will happen or how many of these re-issues will happen.  It's in all encompassing deal for her full catalog, which definitely allows Madonna and Warner to curate special releases, whether its re-issues of landmark albums or new projects that dip into any of her catalog, which include compilations, soundtracks, studio albums, etc.

The problem I am seeing is that some what to narrate the deal the way they WANT it to be.  And while, I can understand we all have our hopes and wishes; that doesn't mean that's how this deal is going to unfold.  I'm certain that Warner and Madonna went into this deal with a general idea that they were going curated her back catalog in a variety of ways for a long time to come which includes re-issues.  This deal allows Warners and Madonna to work together in paying homage to her back catalog for what could be for an unsee-able future! 

I wouldn't blame anyone, honestly. Actually, I completely understand where all the rumors and speculations are coming from. 

Warner simply cannot just announce something so significant, especially for fans, and then go dead quiet for 2 years without specifying a single thing for such a long period of time, moreover expecting fans not to be pissed off or narrating it themselves. 

If we really won't get any significant announcement on July 27th, and I mean really significant like the info about the first reissue, at least (not pre-order, just more specific info for her 40th anniversary), not another holographic sleeve, slipmat etc. Then all this cooperation of Warner and Madonna is just ridiculous and not serving her any good, sorry to say.