MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

I wish they’d consider reissuing more of the 12”es of some of her classic singles in addition to the albums.

Exclusives like the mixshow ep and WTG/CAC, or reissued obscure international releases like Dance Mix and the other early RSD releases are all cool, but so would other standard 12” singles a la Everybody.

They could even do deluxe/expanded editions and include add’l tracks from the digital remix eps.

They could do a deluxe 2 disc reissue of Frozen as part of ROL’s anniv. Reissue the Borderline/Lucky Star remix 12” and include the 7” versions from the digital eps. Fans and collectors would eat stuff like that up.

I’d love love love it if the LAP or Vogue single got some kind of reissue at some point.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I'll be disappointed if Ray of light is the RSD release, with all the things they could do. Why not something we've never had on vinyl? Like, the Celebration tour will have started by then, give us the single disc edition of Celebration on vinyl for example. Or an old single that was never release on 12" picture sleeve, like Oh Father or Girl gone wild

I’m actually surprised they haven’t pressed the single cd Celebration as a 2lp and get it in stores. Maybe it’ll be coming w/the tour. Seems like the kind of thing that should be in stores for casual fans along w/TIC.

3 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I’m actually surprised they haven’t pressed the single cd Celebration as a 2lp and get it in stores. Maybe it’ll be coming w/the tour. Seems like the kind of thing that should be in stores for casual fans along w/TIC.

Someone on Discogs said a double lp wil come, but who knows. 

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

Do we think there will be major reissues of albums soon, or sometime next year?

Personally, I'm thinking down the line we'll see a big expansive re-issue.  It may be next year with LAV.  Meanwhile, it's possible with the tour coming up, the stores are starting to stock up on many of her albums in various formats and possibly more colored vinyls.  I wouldn't expect anything new will be included on them, but it makes sense to have her albums available as well as some nostalgic merchandise to go along with it.

A re-issue of Celebration would make sense too, but it's probably wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Personally, I'm thinking down the line we'll see a big expansive re-issue.

A re-issue of Celebration would make sense too, but it's probably wishful thinking.

Hopefully, there is a major release of her most iconic studio albums. I think a few of the best known studio albums could be treated as a major event.

2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Hopefully, there is a major release of her most iconic studio albums. I think a few of the best known studio albums could be treated as a major event.

The way things are going; I have a feeling we are only getting one or two iconic albums re-issued in an expansive deluxe set.  My guess LAV will be the first, but then again I was sure the first album would get a huge re-issue, and it didn't, so who knows?  With the tour coming up, there is no way they are going re-issue many of her studio albums in deluxe editions. They would want to spread that out as those items will be more expensive and more something hard core fans would buy.  With the tour, I'm betting we are going to get a lot of re-issues of her old albums (with original tracklisting) and possibly some might be available in colored vinyls.  It would make a lot of sense and a smart business move, because they could sell those releases cheaper to the general public with the tour merchandise.

Just now, androiduser said:

I think this is the best strategy... iconic albums would generate the most interest, I don't think fan favorites have a wide appeal

Yeah, it's probably going to be sparse.  LAV next year, and possible True Blue, Like A Prayer, ROL and possibly Confessions. I'm not getting my hopes up though.  As a fan, I would think her first album was iconic and worthy of an expansive re-issue, but I guess not.  Then again, I never bought into the idea that they were going to do this with ALL her albums.  Landmark albums are definitely a different meaning to many fans to what the record company will concentrate on, which they will concentrate on albums that made the hugest impact.  As fans, we say most of her albums did, but we're too close to it.

2 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Saw this on twatter. Apparently people are saying there are issues w/one of the holograph sleeves. Not sure which one.

IMG_9142.jpeg

(the CSR’s name being Emily though 💀💀💀)

Must be the latest one, the "American Life" one. Mess.

Also, Emily. OMG.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well, this was a quick and perfect solution to the issue, so kudos to them!

tumblr_naolqgkGiH1tk77fko1_250.gif

Well done.

Please expect delivery of the reprinted item in 2025.

(Also, how did nobody check the sizing was correct before being dispatched? Like, surely that's the first thing you would proof once the first prints come off the factory line???!! Is attention to detail really that bad these days?)

15 hours ago, McDonna said:

Personalmente, creo que en el futuro veremos una gran reedición expansiva. Puede que sea el año que viene con LAV. Mientras tanto, es posible que con la gira acercándose, las tiendas estén empezando a abastecerse de muchos de sus álbumes en varios formatos y posiblemente en vinilos de más colores. No esperaría que se incluya nada nuevo en ellos, pero tiene sentido tener sus álbumes disponibles, así como algunos productos nostálgicos que los acompañen.

Una reedición de Celebration también tendría sentido, pero probablemente sea una ilusión.

Si se ha reeditado en vinilo "you can dance" , "something yo remember" o "the inmaculate colection", parece que lo lógico es que lo siguiente sean los vinilos de "celebration " durante la gira "celebration tour" ¿no os parece?

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Please expect delivery of the reprinted item in 2025.

(Also, how did nobody check the sizing was correct before being dispatched? Like, surely that's the first thing you would proof once the first prints come off the factory line???!! Is attention to detail really that bad these days?)

S**t happens in every work and industry. It's how you deal with those kind of issues what makes them professional or not, and they're doing the right thing here, of course.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

S**t happens in every work and industry. It's how you deal with those kind of issues what makes them professional or not, and they're doing the right thing here, of course.

Thousands of items being printed in the wrong dimensions and then being dispatched without being checked is not professional chicken. Splendid that they have agreed to fix the problem, but first they tried to gaslight the customer into believing that the product was in fact not faulty. Very low professional standards.

16 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Thousands of items being printed in the wrong dimensions and then being dispatched without being checked is not professional chicken. Splendid that they have agreed to fix the problem, but first they tried to gaslight the customer into believing that the product was in fact not faulty. Very low professional standards.

Was that the official store person or just some random low salary employee who couldn't care less?

54 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

What you call "tried to gaslight" could simply be an internal misunderstanding until they found out the customer was right. The person at the other side is only trying to do a job, not to make the customer miserable.

I think everyone should work for a week or two on customer service. We'd all be better.

54 minutes ago, Prayer said:

What you call "tried to gaslight" could simply be an internal misunderstanding until they found out the customer was right. The person at the other side is only trying to do a job, not to make the customer miserable.

I think everyone should work for a week or two on customer service. We'd all be better.

Nah. "Internal misunderstanding" is a word juggling way to say people don't know what they're doing. I worked in customer facing jobs for over 10 years, I can spot bullshit excuses a mile away.