Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

23 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

We still have the supposed Swae Lee version to come! This ain't over yet until Mom has squeezed every drop of potential out of it...

...fast forward to September when we're on our 9th Frozen remix....

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbq-TfesiSU/

This image sums up the current situation perfectly I think...

edit: embedding not working for some reason

Eton John made wonderful albums. In the 70's when he was heavily into cocaine. When he stopped, the masterpieces stopped. He did cocaine again and bam "I'm still standing" ! He stopped again and then later for good. Since it's only putrid Disney abominations. His masterpieces from the 70's should be called Elton John & Cocaine or Elton John on coke. He wished Madonna would go back to electronic music like Ray Of Light ? I wish Elton John would take cocaine again and give us another Goodbye Yellow Brick road.

33 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Eton John made wonderful albums. In the 70's when he was heavily into cocaine. When he stopped, the masterpieces stopped. He did cocaine again and bam "I'm still standing" ! He stopped again and then later for good. Since it's only putrid Disney abominations. His masterpieces from the 70's should be called Elton John & Cocaine or Elton John on coke. He wished Madonna would go back to electronic music like Ray Of Light ? I wish Elton John would take cocaine again and give us another Goodbye Yellow Brick road.

Interesting perspective considering the fact that he created a number of his finest albums before he was even doing drugs. Tumbleweed Connection, Honky Chateau, Madman Across The Water, anyway you get the point. Even Yellow Brick Road and Captain Fantastic were created at a time when he was not doing a lot of drugs yet. You seem to have a bad habit of trying to minimize everything that artists release when it does not fall during the timeline of their peak period. To suggest that Elton John made good music because of cocaine is false, when his drug abuse got really bad in the 80's it hurt the quality of his music rather than enhanced it, that is common knowledge to anyone who claims to know anything about Elton. Also, claiming Im Still Standing is an Elton John masterpiece is laughable, I can think of countless songs a clean Elton released in the 90's and 2000s that are light years better than typical pop garbage like Im Still Standing, does Sacrifice ring any bells to you? or in your mind is Im Still Standing a much better song?? Cant remember the last time I was on a Madonna forum that had users posting anything intelligent or objective when it comes to Elton John's career.

43 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbq-TfesiSU/

This image sums up the current situation perfectly I think...

edit: embedding not working for some reason

I'd understand the criticism if she had reached a peak with this and "the cow was milked" but it's not the case: her numbers keep growing each day on Spotify. It's still working.

Besides, releasing a new remix each two/three weeks is also a part of the new type or releasing music nowadays. Before we'd get a remixes EP/maxi release and now each remix is released separately. If you look at any recent hit, like "Cold Heart", you'll find 4-5 different remixes released separately. It's a way of keeping the hype alive and releasing new content and keeping the public fed.

Honestly I don't get the criticism. They're doing everything right this time plus we're getting new videos.

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I'd understand the criticism if she had reached a peak with this and "the cow was milked" but it's not the case: her numbers keep growing each day on Spotify. It's still working.

Besides, releasing a new remix each two/three weeks is also a part of the new type or releasing music nowadays. Before we'd get a remixes EP/maxi release and now each remix is released separately. If you look at any recent hit, like "Cold Heart", you'll find 4-5 different remixes released separately. It's a way of keeping the hype alive and releasing new content and keeping the public fed.

Honestly I don't get the criticism. They're doing everything right this time plus we're getting new videos.

I was being facetious to an extent. I agree with you, they're making great strides and should be applauded for that. I guess the fact that she only repeats 2 lines of the song in any of the mixes (so far) makes it a little repetitive for us old school fans. Not to mention the loop of it she has been using on instagram for months now. Actually looking forward to Shake's version, there's something special about her...

28 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

21.708.774 monthly listeners

+ 35.222

#154 overall

Plus updated streams for the remixes:

The 070 Shake Remix of "Frozen" debuts with 104.552 streams - not bad at all for a Thursday debut, should add more tomorrow with the Release Radar streams of today Friday.

The original Sickick Remix is now 44.869.401 - 45 M tomorrow.

Fireboy DML Remix is 2.141.547 now.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Plus updated streams for the remixes:

The 070 Shake Remix of "Frozen" debuts with 104.552 streams - not bad at all for a Thursday debut, should add more tomorrow with the Release Radar streams of today Friday.

The original Sickick Remix is now 44.869.401 - 45 M tomorrow.

Fireboy DML Remix is 2.141.547 now.

The 070 Shake remix is now at 3,05M of total playlist reach ?

On 3/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, deathproof said:

Anyways, before Hung Up (my bad y’all), American Pie was actually Madonna’s biggest international hit.

This thread was a wild ride. But this is by far the most disturbing piece. American Pie?! Don't get me wrong, I actually like it a lot, but the biggest hit?! What was the rest of the world going through?! 

I don't know anything about the Joe Rogan Hot 100 Chart or how it works but whatever her numbers are I'm happy for M Dolla and Great Value Frozen. 

I'm off to Google this Marilyn and Frank you all keep talking about.

49 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

This thread was a wild ride. But this is by far the most disturbing piece. American Pie?! Don't get me wrong, I actually like it a lot, but the biggest hit?! What was the rest of the world going through?! 

"American Pie" was a huge hit for her all over Europe. During Spring 2000 you couldn't escape from it. She came from the huge success of the "Ray Of Light" album and the "Beautiful Stranger" single, the song had that Orbit classic production that dominated that year (All Saints' "Pure Shores" was another big hit of that year in Europe) and the video was cool and funny.

It's easy to underestimate now how a huge hit it was then cause it was later neglected on "GHV2", "Celebration" and basically all Madonna history, but it was BIG.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"American Pie" was a huge hit for her all over Europe. During Spring 2000 you couldn't escape from it. She came from the huge success of the "Ray Of Light" album and the "Beautiful Stranger" single, the song had that Orbit classic production that dominated that year (All Saints' "Pure Shores" was another big hit of that year in Europe) and the video was cool and funny.

It's easy to underestimate now how a huge hit it was then cause it was later neglected on "GHV2", "Celebration" and basically all Madonna history, but it was a BIG.

I miss when US charts and the other charts from all the other countries around the world looked like different planets. Going to Virgin Megastore and picking up a copy of Billboard magazine and looking at the charts, the UK charts alone were completely different from the US with the exception of M and a couple of other huge artists. 

I liked American Pie. Bought the import Cd after seeing The Next Best Thing on opening night. It's a crime that JB remix was never officially released. One of her all time best. Eclipses the original for me. I watched the video again for the first time in years the other day and was actually moved by it. 

I think being a Madonna fan outside of the US during that time and before seems so fun. Europe always seemed to fully embrace her in a way the US didn't. 

I know this is about Spotify but I just went down ...a ? hole...if you will?.

I remember those times cause that´s when I became a fan, and yes American Pie was huge, her vocals here efortless and amazing, she was on the top on popularity and was distant and magical diva that had people wondering what she would do next, and she looked amazing on the clip. She was going to have Rocco and release Music and it was so so so exciting. I miss those days.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:05 AM, Prayer said:

Today:

21.749.411 monthly listeners, new peak (#154 worldwide)

070 Shake Remix of "Frozen": 326.360

Original Sickick Remix: 45.353.258

Fireboy DML Remix: 2.200.718

Today:

21.751.257 monthly listeners, new peak (#154 worldwide) - I think she's peaking though, the increase is quite low each day now

070 Shake Remix of "Frozen": 467.925

Original Sickick Remix: 45.808.731 - a hit, still getting 400.000 streams each day! Should be in 50M by the end of this week

Fireboy DML Remix: 2.257.766

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Today:

21.751.257 monthly listeners, new peak (#154 worldwide) - I think she's peaking though, the increase is quite low each day now

070 Shake Remix of "Frozen": 467.925

Original Sickick Remix: 45.808.731 - a hit, still getting 400.000 streams each day! Should be in 50M by the end of this week

Fireboy DML Remix: 2.257.766

Yeah she's slowed down quite a lot ?

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

Hopefully, as soon as she peaks and stops getting boost with frozen, she gets to the step, aka releasing ReMix Revolution! I'm so ready for this, I'm sure they're already printing physical copies! 

Well, seems likes she's peaked officially. She goes down today from 21.749.411 monthly listeners to 21.743.850. Still a very slight decrease.

However, she's #153 worldwide today, a new peak for her.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well, seems likes she's peaked officially. She goes down today from 21.749.411 monthly listeners to 21.743.850. Still a very slight decrease.

However, she's #153 worldwide today, a new peak for her.

I think this highlights just how different the market is. Streaming makes it so easy to discover artists but it also means everything is so real time. New tracks dropping constantly. I think that’s why these remixes are dropping like they are. Something drop into the mix. I think she’s doing awesome considering. Especially while we are inbetween LP’s