The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 hours ago, RyanUK said:

I watched the Madame X Tour over the weekend and I have to say, the performances were shot and edited beautifully, the speaking parts however were atrocious. You can hardly hear what she is saying and the shots are spliced together terribly. It looks very amateur and lets the whole thing down in my opinion. 

I think they definitely need to go back to basics if they are planning to record and release this tour. Less is more sometimes. 

I prefer what we get from phones to what they release since confessions, so at least that will be back this time.

The typing madness on X still bewildering

1 hour ago, Lucky90210 said:

GIVE ME AN OLD SCHOOL LIVE HBO SPECIAL! WOULD BE SO GREAT! AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE A THEATER RELAESE VERY MUCH. EITHER ONE JUST MAKE IT FULL SHOW AND RELEASE IT AS SOON AS THE TOUR ENDS..

Oh, no, I'd be forced to subscribe Max and this is a torture of an app!

Partnering with Prime Video this time would be fine.

4 hours ago, PHIL said:

make them busy with other stuff, they both have very very LITTLE talent in the editing department !!!

I can't watch MDNA, Rebel Heart or Madame X without feeling sick. The filming never settles. I don't feel like I am seeing the full show. Go back to old-school edits of Blond Ambition, Girlie Show and Drowned World. You can actually enjoy those.

28 minutes ago, adamski1974 said:

I can't watch MDNA, Rebel Heart or Madame X without feeling sick. The filming never settles. I don't feel like I am seeing the full show. Go back to old-school edits of Blond Ambition, Girlie Show and Drowned World. You can actually enjoy those.

For me it's the voice on the Sticky DVD thah makes me sick (I prefer so much the raw sound of Lisbon and Athens). And I love this tour so much.

For MDNA, I'm OK cause the sound is good and the voice sounds live.

23 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

For me it's the voice on the Sticky DVD thah makes me sick (I prefer so much the raw sound of Lisbon and Athens). And I love this tour so much.

For MDNA, I'm OK cause the sound is good and the voice sounds live.

It's also the crowd noise on MDNA, RH and MX. I don't know what they did in the mix but the constant hysterical noise drives me crazy. You want to hear the tracks not exaggerated crowd noise.

11 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You ok?

Well maybe love is a strong word, but I truly haven’t had an issue, things could be better yes, confessions has the right balance between tour capturing and video editing yes. But I do enjoyed the rest of them. 

I enjoy S&S, and RHT, I think Madame X is fine, being MDNA the most frantic, guess it had to do with her wanting to be a film director at the time 

37 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Well maybe love is a strong word, but I truly haven’t had an issue, things could be better yes, confessions has the right balance between tour capturing and video editing yes. But I do enjoyed the rest of them. 

I enjoy S&S, and RHT, I think Madame X is fine, being MDNA the most frantic, guess it had to do with her wanting to be a film director at the time 

They are ok. It is just how a lot of concert films are these days. We are lucky we get them because a lot of tours by other artists do not get filmed at all.

6 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I vote for no editing :lol:

I know some of you miss the official DVD but for me the official recording of the Reinvention Tour is the best. No editing, it's a raw concert with her real voice and her real face. I love it. 

If it weren't for the several flaws happening throughout that footage, I believe the current M wouldn't mind to switch IGTTYAS as the "ultimate Re-Invention chronicle document" to it. Esp because it must be awful to her to watch now all her interaction to the Duke of Golddiggeria.

5 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I watched all of her tours before ever knowing there was such dissension about the edits, and I never had a problem with any of the edits independently. I enjoyed all her tour movies.

THIS.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Give or take a few flaws here or there, I enjoy all the tour films.

ps. I also enjoy the more stylized concert film that feels more cinematic. M is not the only to go in that direction, either. It's becoming more prevalent in contemporary concert films. As for old-school, straight-forward broadcast style recordings, that's pretty much passé now...and it's just not going to happen.

4 hours ago, Rebel Hugo said:

To avoid the anxiety of the last few days of waiting, I suggest you watch each of her previous 11 tours starting today with the Virgin Tour 1985:

Oh dear in the past I'd love to do such thing, but the 23yo as M stan in me would actually feel anxious and desperate for her to reprise this year things such as her tearing CFY performance.

To me the more I come apart from watching M performing the better. Esp because I have nothing to hardly expect from CT2.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic