The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

7 hours ago, Winn said:

Guys n gals i just had a horrible thought. This Friday is Friday the 13th. With all the chaos in the world right now, what if something happens and the tour doesn't start.

Well , it’s a lucky number for Madonna. So that means it will be amazing for her. The tour and us.

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Guy O did it in Australia. He spent heaps of time with fans before shows (as he’s done for many tours.) My friends friend was picked. Guy promised my friend he’d try and get her up on the last show as well but it didn’t happen, I suppose because a celebrity took priority. Anyway, I will ask her what the process was.

I assume they go with people they are familiar with when they can. So if you’re a fan that goes to a lot of shows you would be more likely to be chosen.

It was actually Sara that did it for the Australian shows - Guy absolutely hung out with fans a lot. Maxi who was the final one was  the host of the VIP parties, they usually chose people they knew. 

13 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Exactly that’s why they chose that Russian girl that sued her, ffs!!! And she just released her documentary and is attending Celebration T. 

The Russian girl is releasing a new documentary about her lawsuit? 

She bullied me over the years, drunk trying to still my seat. I am terrified of her..

8 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Any word on South American dating?

I would say that they are waiting to see how the current dates go - focusing on her health and whether she could sustain more dates. I would imagine - after what happened in June - the promoters and management are being VERY cautious about promising too much right now.

Judging by this BBC interview with her production guy, I fear it’s going to be a bit like Monty Python’s shows a few years ago. A big reliance on archive footage and backing tracks of the original hits - not much actually live music.  There’s going to be whole sections she won’t be on stage I think. 

Stuart Price told the BBC the show draws on four decades of archive footage and studio recordings to tell the star's story.

"A greatest hit doesn't have to be a song," he said. "It can be a wardrobe, it can be a video, or a statement." 

As a result, the show will draw on news footage, classic costumes and music videos. 

More crucially, it will use Madonna's original multi-track recordings, with Price extracting "a vocal take where there's a car going by in the background" or "a solo from a guitarist who's no longer with us" to recapture the original spirit of the songs.

In fact, for the first time since she performed club shows at the start of her career, Madonna will not be joined by an on-stage band. 

"There are live musicians that perform at different parts of the show," said Price. "But what we realised is that the original recordings are our stars. Those things can't be replicated and can't be recreated, so we decided just to embrace that

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

WHAT

Sorry my post was confusing, this is from @Brendanlovesu1from the Oksana sues Madonna thread: 

Basically from what I can work out, Oxana paid Isreal so she could get a seat at a table for the Art Basel auction in 2016, it looks like she also asked Isreal to put money towards an auction item which included a trip to peru as seen here on Page 9

https://cdn.ontourmedia.io/madonna//non_secure/images/Malawi-Catalog.pdf

''Experience one of the last paradises on earth - the Rainbow Mountain in the heart of Peru with guides Johan Ernst Nilson and Madonna.

To visit the land of the Inca is an adventure in and of itself, and the opportunity to hike the Andes is truly incredible- it is a walk into the virtually unknown. A place that few travelers have seen, the Rainbow Mountain is a secret that has been kept so well that there is very little information about it- you will have to go to find out!

The journey will take seven days to complete, during which time you and five guests will cross five passes ranging between 15,000 and 17,000 feet. You will pass thousands of roaming alpacas and llamas. You will walk through beautifully diverse landscape that changes daily from snow capped peaks to neon red mountains. The real reward, however, is when you at last will arrive at the painted hills hidden deep in the Andes.

Traveling by foot and by horseback you will be able to access some of the most incredible places on earth, and a nature photographer will capture images of the winners in this magical landscape. After reaching the hidden mountains you and your guests can return on foot and horseback or via helicopter.

Johan Ernst Nilson is one of the world’s leading explorers and is known for his extreme adventures as well as his philanthropic work around the planet. Johan has accomplished 40 expeditions in 165 countries.

The package is for six people. The winning bidder and his/her guests will be responsible for airfare and hotels to and from Lima, Peru. All expedition expenses, departing from Lima, are included. The winner of this adventure will be camping in comfortable tents and eating well-prepared food. You will have local guides to lead you through the midst of the magical mountains. The date of this expedition will be scheduled by mutual convenience and must be completed by December 2018.''

from here it gets a bit fuzzy, the trip never took place and the money was refunded, presumably to Isreal who then seemed to cut ties with Oxana” @Brendanlovesu1

3 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Sorry my post was confusing, this is from @Brendanlovesu1from the Oksana sues Madonna thread: 

Basically from what I can work out, Oxana paid Isreal so she could get a seat at a table for the Art Basel auction in 2016, it looks like she also asked Isreal to put money towards an auction item which included a trip to peru as seen here on Page 9

https://cdn.ontourmedia.io/madonna//non_secure/images/Malawi-Catalog.pdf

''Experience one of the last paradises on earth - the Rainbow Mountain in the heart of Peru with guides Johan Ernst Nilson and Madonna.

To visit the land of the Inca is an adventure in and of itself, and the opportunity to hike the Andes is truly incredible- it is a walk into the virtually unknown. A place that few travelers have seen, the Rainbow Mountain is a secret that has been kept so well that there is very little information about it- you will have to go to find out!

The journey will take seven days to complete, during which time you and five guests will cross five passes ranging between 15,000 and 17,000 feet. You will pass thousands of roaming alpacas and llamas. You will walk through beautifully diverse landscape that changes daily from snow capped peaks to neon red mountains. The real reward, however, is when you at last will arrive at the painted hills hidden deep in the Andes.

Traveling by foot and by horseback you will be able to access some of the most incredible places on earth, and a nature photographer will capture images of the winners in this magical landscape. After reaching the hidden mountains you and your guests can return on foot and horseback or via helicopter.

Johan Ernst Nilson is one of the world’s leading explorers and is known for his extreme adventures as well as his philanthropic work around the planet. Johan has accomplished 40 expeditions in 165 countries.

The package is for six people. The winning bidder and his/her guests will be responsible for airfare and hotels to and from Lima, Peru. All expedition expenses, departing from Lima, are included. The winner of this adventure will be camping in comfortable tents and eating well-prepared food. You will have local guides to lead you through the midst of the magical mountains. The date of this expedition will be scheduled by mutual convenience and must be completed by December 2018.''

from here it gets a bit fuzzy, the trip never took place and the money was refunded, presumably to Isreal who then seemed to cut ties with Oxana” @Brendanlovesu1

lol yes I know this story well. I meant WHAT to her attending the new tour.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic