The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Yes but let's not pretend like she's this universally loved icon cause she's not. She's always been and still is a very polarizing figure. Part of her brand and power, I guess.

Of course.

No one is "universally loved" anyway. Except cats on Internet and Winnie the Pooh, not real people :)))

25 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yes but let's not pretend like she's this universally loved icon cause she's not. She's always been and still is a very polarizing figure. Part of her brand and power, I guess.

Exactly. And sadly a certain generation do really think of Gaga when you say Madonna. Last night I met a lady who, at the mention of the name Madonna gave me a speech about how she prefers the talent of Gaga who can “sing an play instruments” 🙄 Those comparisons are probably the last time Madonna really had a lot of mainstream recognition.

27 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Of course.

No one is "universally loved" anyway. Except cats on Internet and Winnie the Pooh, not real people :)))

I don’t think that’s true. Apart from a few catty Internet stans the majority of people love or at least respect Beyoncé, Adele and various others. Madonna rocked the boat a lot through her career so she has a lot more detractors as a result.

5 hours ago, PlayPause said:

She was not always universally loved. Some people believed she was too progressive. Never forget the weight of conservatism and bigotry on people's minds.

Agreed-1000% "Artists are here to disturb the "peace".  And Madonna has consistently done that.  She couldn't even adopt children from the second poorest country on earth (at the time) without causing a socio-political tsunamis.  She has been judged differently than her peers for forty years and even now, compared to the next generation of entertainers.  She has opened doors that many people wanted to keep shut.  She has altered the history books and helped the woke culture to take root.  Her challenge of patriarchy and religion alone make her stand out.  She was a pioneer by embracing the LGBTQ community before other mainstream entertainers ever would have even dared.  Now she is fighting ageism through her very existence. She has had a consistent message.  Madonna continually chose that nessage over applause and accolades.  

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think that’s true. Apart from a few catty Internet stans the majority of people love or at least respect Beyoncé, Adele and various others. Madonna rocked the boat a lot through her career so she has a lot more detractors as a result.

Bey and Adele are the biggest stars of the 2010s, as much as M was one of the biggest stars of the 80s. It doesn't mean that everybody loves them. Time will tell.

So many people love to be racist, they won't even say out loud B's name. Adele is huge, but she hasn't had the same cultural impact as M & B so far.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. And sadly a certain generation do really think of Gaga when you say Madonna. Last night I met a lady who, at the mention of the name Madonna gave me a speech about how she prefers the talent of Gaga who can “sing an play instruments” 🙄 Those comparisons are probably the last time Madonna really had a lot of mainstream recognition.

People are stupid.... They choose Gaga as the comparrison because of hair, and the fact that they are both italian. What about all of the others?  Dua Lipa... Rihana... Beyonce... P!nk... Taylor Swift... all have borrowed elements from Madonna.  Even Lizzo copies Madonna to an extent (her costumes alone).  Gaga just took the borrowing to extremes and looked more like her.  

21 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

These Karens who love Gaga because ASIB and Jazz are the same who used to rip her to shreds whenever she had a fancy outfit on or had an overall stronger attitude, calling her a whore and a satanist, I genuinely can't stand them when they overpraise her after hating her at the top of her career (and I say that as a long time Gaga fan lmao) 

I hope the journey from dark to light is skipped this time. We need a new formula. I also hope it's not just about tongue and ass and Tokisha tiktok moves.

It would be nice to go from the 2010s to the 80s and end with Everybody.

You'll hate me for saying that, but I'd love if she recreated some iconic looks of the past, even if Cher has done it already. I wonder if she can still be believable in her Maripol or BAT style. When Cher comes on stage dressed in her 60s Sonny and Cher style or in her Turn back time look, she is fabulous. It's really a trip down memory lane.

So my ticket stress ;-) I was teaching a class and had to interrupt my lecture to try and get tickets, send my students for a break, lol, but they were all rooting for me. Then I was in a cue forever, so I carried on with my class watching the cue becoming shorter and shorter. Then when I was in after some changes I secured the perfect seats, 1st row seated facing the stage, when I tried to pay there was a glitch and the seats were gone lol. So I decided to accept my fate and finish my class. During the break the show was already sold but magically could still find quite good seats on the sides row 5 for the same show in Amsterdam december 1st. So I'm happy I will see this show as my MX date was cancelled. But I will need some time to forget I had those other seats before :lol: I guess I'm gonna convince myself that this show is best seen from a slight diagonal vieuw to make it more dynamic :lol:

It means you pay an enormous amount to see and hear about some of the stage mechanics from behind the curtain. Eg, they’ll probably show you how the lighting functions, the rigging, the projections, the props, give you a look behind the mixing desk, show you where the crew eat and shit etc. Maybe some nights you’ll get to meet some of the crew or a dancer or two. I heard it was “interesting” from people who did it at Madame X. It doesn’t interest me personally at that price.

8 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

So my ticket stress ;-) I was teaching a class and had to interrupt my lecture to try and get tickets, send my students for a break, lol, but they were all rooting for me. Then I was in a cue forever, so I carried on with my class watching the cue becoming shorter and shorter. Then when I was in after some changes I secured the perfect seats, 1st row seated facing the stage, when I tried to pay there was a glitch and the seats were gone lol. So I decided to accept my fate and finish my class. During the break the show was already sold but magically could still find quite good seats on the sides row 5 for the same show in Amsterdam december 1st. So I'm happy I will see this show as my MX date was cancelled. But I will need some time to forget I had those other seats before :lol: I guess I'm gonna convince myself that this show is best seen from a slight diagonal vieuw to make it more dynamic :lol:

You are literally describing my life yesterday!!!

I have never been so unprofessional in 20 years of teaching...

9 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It means you pay an enormous amount to see and hear about some of the stage mechanics from behind the curtain. Eg, they’ll probably show you how the lighting functions, the rigging, the projections, the props, give you a look behind the mixing desk, show you where the crew eat and shit etc. Maybe some nights you’ll get to meet some of the crew or a dancer or two.

We visited the wardrobe section where they were adjusting costumes, saw some of them including the Napoleon hat, and met Tony who didn't know there was a backstage tour and even posted our photo with him on his IG. We saw where M does the quick changes. Not the dressing rooms.

We saw the stage, the entrances, the infamous stairs, the typewriter that was already there etc.

We met Rickey Pageot who played the piano for us and showed us the scratches from M's heels, and Kevin Antunes who played Vogue and answered questions. Mine were really nasty: Why Rescue me was scrapped? Why doesn't Madonna have a bass player anymore? :devil:

Also a funny thing, the day before I was teaching another class and the topic came up and some of my students got in a very heated debate about Madonna which I thought was kind of great to see that even 20 year olds still have such a strong opinion on the woman. I always find it funny that that debate has been going on from LAV until now, and every era her detractors try to make it into a new and original thought that she has crossed a line

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

We visited the wardrobe section where they were adjusting costumes, saw some of them including the Napoleon hat, and met Tony who didn't know there was a backstage tour and even posted our photo with him on his IG. We saw where M does the quick changes. Not the dressing rooms.

We saw the stage, the entrances, the infamous stairs, the typewriter that was already there etc.

We met Rickey Pageot who played the piano for us and Kevin Antunes who answered questions. Mine were really nasty: Why Rescue me was scrapped? Why doesn't Madonna have a bass player anymore? :devil:

So why was Rescue Me scrapped? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

Also a funny thing, the day before I was teaching another class and the topic came up and some of my students got in a very heated debate about Madonna which I thought was kind of great to see that even 20 year olds still have such a strong opinion on the woman. I always find it funny that that debate has been going on from LAV until now, and every era her detractors try to make it into a new and original thought that she has crossed a line

A debate about what? Her tik toks?

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic