The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

The anxiety would be killing me. You literally have to fight for your position. 

It’s honestly THE WORST! Yes to the anxiety all day up until you are in and you fought for you spot. You have to find a queue early because fans are wild and some camp out 💀💀💀 we did a few golden triangles for Rebel Heart in Europe and swore them off completely. It’s too much of a fight. Once Madonna comes on you forget it all but it’s a hillll to climb 😅 

8 hours ago, Jackie said:

I agree - a new billboard article suggests an extension to this tour would be in the realms of possibility !

She’s already sold almost 600,000 tickets - I wonder what the average ticket price is?

She already sold 600 000 tickets? That's simply amazing considering average price is about 300eur. 

Mama is making money like hot cakes! 

13 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I was refreshing the Ticketmaster site constantly waiting for the 3rd / 4th show to appear after getting a tip the shows had been listed ion ASX and when it did I got in with no queue (as show had not be announced yet) and refreshed until tickets went on sale which was about 2 mins later - paid 435 all up for it - very lucky!

Fm6YvHdakAAimNB.jpg

Thats great! I had such a nighmare.. but mangaged to get Wheres the Party Tickets for block 112 right at the front for £370 for the 18th, they where just selling so fast I had no other choices.. I'm going to keep an eye on the resale and AXS sites for any other tickets that may pop up for the other nights, I never can do just one show lol!

34 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

Thats great! I had such a nighmare.. but mangaged to get Wheres the Party Tickets for block 112 right at the front for £370 for the 18th, they where just selling so fast I had no other choices.. I'm going to keep an eye on the resale and AXS sites for any other tickets that may pop up for the other nights, I never can do just one show lol!

Yes and they will often release production / random tickets over the next 10 months so anything is possible - I'm chasing a ticket for the Saturday night so will be checking every now and then 

The ticket sales AT THOSE PRICES are... simply amazing.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/madonna-celebration-tour-how-much-money-make/

Today’s on-sale generated over 600,000 tickets sold, with 35 sold-out shows and more to become available next week.

Got to say I didn't expect this at all with her current public image, super high ticket prices, etc. I thought she would have some trouble in some cities but she's selling out everything.

NEVER underestimate the power of nostalgia and a greatest hits catalogue like hers. A celebration, indeed.

50 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The ticket sales AT THOSE PRICES are... simply amazing.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/madonna-celebration-tour-how-much-money-make/

Today’s on-sale generated over 600,000 tickets sold, with 35 sold-out shows and more to become available next week.

Got to say I didn't expect this at all with her current public image, super high ticket prices, etc. I thought she would have some trouble in some cities but she's selling out everything.

NEVER underestimate the power of nostalgia and a greatest hits catalogue like hers. A celebration, indeed.

People are eager to see The Rolling Stones, Iggy Pop and Patti Smith on tour. They don't care much for IG comments. They believe stans are crazy. They enjoy music events, big hits and seeing superstars live before it's too late. The rest is blablabla and forum drama.

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

No but seriously my only worry is “will I get a good spot.” I do not care about the rest.

Even that doesn’t bother me with the gold circle tickets. At the end of the day you’ll be closer than 95% of the audience . What does it matter? Just go and love your show ❤️

13 minutes ago, scion said:

Even that doesn’t bother me with the gold circle tickets. At the end of the day you’ll be closer than 95% of the audience . What does it matter? Just go and love your show ❤️

Oh I agree, I was talking about the GA ones. I want to get near the end of the catwalk as I am certain she'll do quite a lot there.

9 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

is "a superstar who had too much surgery" : it doesn't keep people from listening to her music. It's not like she suddenly turned into a horrible conservative person who turned her back on everything she stood for.

I agree with you of course, the music is the most important thing in the end. But check with your non-super fans friends what they think of her lately/in the last few years. That plus expensive tickets was a tricky combination.

I'm super happy for her (and us in the end, it's good for both parts) but also impressed of this power. Hope she delivers and we can have more good stuff coming: reissues, the movie, etc. etc.

15 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

People are eager to see The Rolling Stones, Iggy Pop and Patti Smith on tour. They don't care much for IG comments. They believe stans are crazy. They enjoy music events, big hits and seeing superstars live before it's too late. The rest is blablabla and forum drama.

I would go as far as saying a large portion of the GP buying these tickets are oblivious to it.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I agree with you of course, the music is the most important thing in the end. But check with your non-super fans friends what they think of her lately/in the last few years. That plus expensive tickets was a tricky combination.

I'm super happy for her (and us in the end, it's good for both parts) but also impressed of this power. Hope she delivers and we can have more good stuff coming: reissues, the movie, etc. etc.

I guess in our fan bubble we forget how many generations she has really appealed to through the years. We are literally talking people from 20 to 60. Multiple generations grew up with her music.

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

your non-super fans friends what they think of her lately/in the last few years. That plus expensive tickets was a tricky combination.

My non superfan friends say they didn't hear any music from her for 15 years, they remember she sounded horrible at Eurovision but they still request Hung Up during parties and whenever Vogue in on the radio, they will shake their hands around their head with a smile. Ticket prices are not related to M. Such tours are expensive no matter who is on stage.

18 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I guess in our fan bubble we forget how many generations she has really appealed to through the years. We are literally talking people from 20 to 60. Multiple generations grew up with her music.

Her GP image is : sexually liberated, LGBTQ+ ally, feminist, musically adventurous, kinda punk, too many kids, annoying sometimes but familiar, doesn't give a damn.

Only people on this forum think she is this glamourous icon who should look like a barbie doll for ever. Which was never her thing tbh.

2 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Her GP image is : sexually liberated, LGBTQ+ ally, feminist, musically adventurous, kinda punk, too many kids, annoying sometimes but familiar, doesn't give a damn.

Only people on this forum think she is this glamourous icon who should like like a barbie doll for ever. Which was never her thing tbh.

Yes but let's not pretend like she's this universally loved icon cause she's not. She's always been and still is a very polarizing figure. Part of her brand and power, I guess.

Both of my sisters as well as cousins grew up with her music and love her but aren't devoted fans or anything like that. They don't care or talk about her look or performances of the past 5 years. Everytime i mention her, they call her a Legend and say they love her. And i think most of the GP thinks like that. Only her haters and fans talk & care about her face & image

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic