The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

The impressive reputation she would receive for being able to sell out a stadium exclusive tour 40 years into her career at 65 years old. And of course, a much bigger stage production could have been used.

I highly doubt that, to be honest.

The stage layout suggests that much of this tour's production will be hanging from the ceiling. Even stadiums with retractable ceilings can't quite accommodate the load carried by indoor arenas because they aren't built for that unless the stadium stage comes with its own roof which does all the heavy lifting, see Confessions, Sticky & Sweet and MDNA. An exception being the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm which can carry an impressive amount of ceiling weight. 

From an all around economical perspective, stadiums have probably been looked into, but considering that this show is supposed to be the biggest and most technically complex production she's ever done, arenas were most likely the only type of venues who could sufficiently allow for a set-up without compromising alterations from city to city. She wasn't happy at all about needing to alter the stage for Re-Invention in Dublin and also expressed annoyance about the same thing during Madame X in some cities.

That said, I hope that this show lives up to what's being promised, but I have no reason to believe that it won't.

Edited by acolyte (see edit history)

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

It has to be over 300 dollars. These ticket prices are UNREAL. I've never seen anything like this.

The demand for Taylor was definitely unprecedented. Not sure of the prices but I’m doubtful she was cheap either. That was only in the US too. So Taylor’s overall box office score is likely to be a lot higher than currently estimated.

In saying that I think Madonna just proving she’s back in the game is incredible. Even her own fans basically wrote her off on the touring front after Madame x. So for this your to outsell Rebel Heart alone will be a huge achievement.

I think it's amazing she sold 600,000 tickets in three days, some shows were sold out in less than 10 minutes. Very happy for her, the proof of what it means to be a real icon, whose legacy matters for a lot of people: we're talking of a 65 years old woman (the tour will start around a month before her next birthday) in a business and in a genre where being young and superfit is considered one of the main attractions. This is about a body of work and I'm sure she will be able to get back what she deserves  :crown:

PS - on Twitter the most requested song is Rescue Me, I'm loving this :heart:

The elevator at work was playing the commercial for the tour when I left today at about 3. If you’ll recall she also was promoting Gambler a few weeks back.

When you’re an elevator in Midtown Manhattan playing tour promo videos and promoting rare songs, bitch you’re a fan. I stan this elevator forever.

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Well, the 'workshops' - 

Well yeah.... I'm sure stage designs, backdrops, costumes, themes, and setlist are all being planned. But actually rehearsing a song seems too soon. 

One thing I hope she does is film new footage for projection screens. This was something that was severely lacking for RHT. 

25 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Well yeah.... I'm sure stage designs, backdrops, costumes, themes, and setlist are all being planned. But actually rehearsing a song seems too soon. 

One thing I hope she does is film new footage for projection screens. This was something that was severely lacking for RHT. 

Agree - and Madame X - be good to get some great backdrops with her in it!

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic