The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

8 hours ago, Crazy For M said:

It's a very good time to set intentions and manifest. Very M (& very me, in fact), but I can't see M choosing this day because of that.
I figured Tuesday anyway, but we'll see, lol.

I got deja vu while typing this emoji28.png

I agree.  I don't believe it's even up to her what day it's being announced.  It's all business and will be announced most likely during the work week.  Today would be a likely day, but so could tomorrow or Thursday as well.  

It's obviously going to have dark and light moments as it's gonna be the synthesis of the whole thing. That's why it's so interesting for me, because this is her saying: "Ok guys, that's what it's been, that's what I talked about and sang about and danced about for all these years and that's what we've done together"

I don't think she will propose the usual evolution in four sets, I'm more oriented to imagine a kind of more postmodern structure with two, three songs parts, performed not always on the main stage, going back and forth her journey, from spiritual to fashion, from latin to disco, from acoustic to political, from swing to erotic.

The only point I'm a little concerned about is the musical rearrangements: I'm all for a new interpretation of the majority of her old hits, to release as a greatest hits album later on maybe, but I'm afraid it's gonna be quite celebratory as announced :)

4 hours ago, Alm47 said:

She done that before.

Now it's going to be from light to darkness. Starts with Into the Groove, ends with Dark Ballet.

How about lightness to darkness to lightness? 

It's light when we get there, dark before she even comes out on stage, light again by the time the show ends. 

4 hours ago, cjfinley said:

What I’m wondering is whether the rescheduled US dates will affect the dates currently still in January. Could the whole US be rerouted to flow better or will January stay as is? 

At this time, the only dates being rescheduled are the ones that have been listed as "To be Rescheduled"!   All other dates resume as normal. The tour will start in London October 14th.  The venues to be "rescheduled"  most likely will be scheduled for February, March or sometime later.  :heart:

Guest lalagirl
15 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Seriously though, the clip of her dancers describing the show said it is “heartbreaking” “bizarre” and “emotional” among other things. So I am hopeful that it will include quite a bit of the usual darkness that we usually get. (Of course there are always fun elements) .

where have you seen them say that? you think you can still find the video or exact quotes? thanks! :)

BREAKING NEWS:

Madonna Announces 5 Additional Legs of her 40th Anniversary 'Celebration Tour' - Bringing Her Decades of Hits to an Unprecedented 7 Continents!

Madonna announced Wednesday that she will be adding 10 shows in South America, 10 shows in Asia & the Middle East, 8 shows in Australia, 5 shows in Africa, and 2 shows in Antarctica. Should the planned route come to fruition, the iconic artist will make history by becoming the first entertainer in popular music to bring her act to all seven continents of the globe.

According to sources involved in the production, Madonna has enlisted eldest daughter Lourdes Leon to construct a stadium of pure ice in the Antarctic tundra, suitable to host not only the full-scale extravaganza, but also 70,000 frozen fans. "It's time to learn some work ethic like your mother!," Madonna is reported to have said before handing her a pickaxe.

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Imagine updated set list drastically reduced due to Bacteria:

Celebration (vocals only)

Holiday 

Physical Attraction 

Lucky Star 

Into the Groove (new dub interlude)

Encore: Like a Virgin/Billy Jean 

What will it be you little bitches? Short show? Or no show?

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

60 days from the exact date that Ticketmaster put the “postponed” logo next to the city/date? - does anyone know when that was so we can count?

I am not sure but it’s been about 6 weeks since Guy O’s initial post.

If what you’re saying is correct then they have a fair amount of time left before they have to issue refunds because Ticketmaster delayed changing the status of the shows for quite a long time after we got the news. There’s no way it’ll take more than another few weeks.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic