The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

Her dresser said wed know the first song in 2 notes and we'd be ready to dance. That quite nails it down a lot to a few, Id guess into the groove. On her written setlist notes we had a few clues and on another typed out lyrics were you must love me? (My memory is bad, it was on her insta) The pics also showed a tambourine on the main stage and a piano on the middle stage. Have a hunt, there were lots of clues. 

Plus the names of the seating areas give away things. Danceteria, we must be getting first album songs. 

I'm still mostly enthusiatic about her own written song titles she teased. I hope we will get something "new" as in, songs she hasn't performed live ever or for a very long time, RM, Rain, BG, PA, NRM, Cherish etc. It would still be singles/hits but not just the biggest ones the GP expects, but some surprises please. I's also die for KIT. Just a few of those sprinkled throughout would really elevate the show for me.

As in terms of medleys, I'm no fan, except interpollations (like LDLHA in HBH) but I was thinking it could work great to have a super long medley before the final song, and do short bits of all the hits she hasn't played in full, to make the crowd go mega crazy for the finale

Not exactly Celebration Tour related but are you guys following the Lizzo issue? Beyoncé mentions Lizzo's name in her rendition of the Vogue rap and apparently she is now skipping it at performances because of that.

Honestly, M listed only legendary, historic and iconic figures in the original version but Beyoncé throws in the name of her friends? I mean, LIZZO? Who came out like 3 years ago? Girl... should've been smarter.

5 hours ago, missberic said:

Not exactly Celebration Tour related but are you guys following the Lizzo issue? Beyoncé mentions Lizzo's name in her rendition of the Vogue rap and apparently she is now skipping it at performances because of that.

Honestly, M listed only legendary, historic and iconic figures in the original version but Beyoncé throws in the name of her friends? I mean, LIZZO? Who came out like 3 years ago? Girl... should've been smarter.

Beyonce has only had one performance since the Lizzo story broke - this past Tuesday night in Foxborough near Boston.  And while there has been much misreporting on this -- even from mainstream reputable outlets, it's simply inaccurate.  Yes, Beyonce left out Lizzo's name, but she also left out Kelly Rowland, Lauryn Hill & Roberta Flack -- to instead repeat Badu 4x.

If you hadn't heard, just days prior, Erykah Badu posted something suggesting Beyonce is ripping off Erykah Badu's fashion/style in one of her tour looks. (I have no idea if Badu was being shady, or playful or what.  Nor do I have any idea whether Beyonce's overemphasis of Badu's name was a petty reply, or a playful joke -- but it seems to be in response to Badu's comments, and common sense suggests that is the case.)

As much as people would like to pit yet another pair of female artists against each other, and as sensational as the media wants to be with misleading headlines -- I would be my life that Beyonce's Badu 4x on Tuesday night has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Lizzo story.

Erykah Badu puts on the best concerts, if I were Beyonce and putting together a show I’d be inspired too. Her shows are always next level, saw her last month at Madison Square it was the best. Unlike Kylie or Madonna her vocal is usually the main attraction with very little “dancing” and her band is always top notch, amazing backup singers etc. she mixes the classic concert style with innovation. 

13 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Omg, who cares about beyonce. I’ve never listened to one song of hers all the way through, never heard of Lizzo or any others on that list. She’s a bore like all the other female pop stars are except Madonna. - the only authentic and intelligent one. 

my opinion- Madonna rules and the rest suck. If you don’t like my opinion, that’s your problem.

Oh brother, this fandom needs to grow up

OT: so ready to see when my Atlanta date’s happening now! Glad they got dates moved fast

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic