The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

I like how now people are the gatekeepers of "artistry" and live entertainment.  Believe it or not, artistry isn't only about visuals, and people don't go to every live act expecting to see the same thing or for the same reasons.  That would be boring.

People go to Taylor's shows for the music first and foremost.  She has a live band that she's kept for 16 years since she started touring.  She has added elements of pop production to scale it up because it's expected of female entertainers, but she's more on the scale of U2 where people go for the stadium atmosphere than simply the visuals.

But as a visual show, this show is meant to be seen from above.  You're not going to get the most out of being on the floor except proximity.  The show is produced so that even people who paid hundreds of dollars for nosebleeds can feel like they got their money's worth.  Those clips were great, but they were by far not THE highlights.  Most of the high quality videos got pulled off YouTube.

In any case, all this is irrelevant as Taylor doesn't care that you don't care about her and neither does she need any more fans, since even her fans can't get many tickets.

The point is if you expect Madonna's STAGE to somehow be vastly more impressive, I think you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

8 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I like Taylor but she's not a popstar per say...she's a singer songwriter and she shines when it's just her and a guitar.

This is the problem with her. She keeps trying to dance and perform like she is a pop star. And she looks so awkward.

12 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I like how now people are the gatekeepers of "artistry" and live entertainment.  Believe it or not, artistry isn't only about visuals, and people don't go to every live act expecting to see the same thing or for the same reasons.  That would be boring.

People go to Taylor's shows for the music first and foremost.  She has a live band that she's kept for 16 years since she started touring.  She has added elements of pop production to scale it up because it's expected of female entertainers, but she's more on the scale of U2 where people go for the stadium atmosphere than simply the visuals.

If that is the case then why is she prancing around awkwardly in her underwear?

9 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

This is the problem with her. She keeps trying to dance and perform like she is a pop star. And she looks so awkward.

To whom is it a problem?  The people who aren't going to her show anyway?  lol you aren't going to the show and you think it's bland, we get it.  There's no need to make 100 posts about it in the Celebration Tour thread.  We were discussing the stage here.

And to people who are paying, they'd rather a performer at least try to do the best they can, even if they're not naturally talented at dancing.  Dance music isn't everything.  There's room for all kinds of artists to be successful.  Taylor can't do anything about the ticket prices now so she's doing her best to give the people who are attending the most value they can get for their money, which to me is impressive because the tickets were already all sold.  She could easily have phoned in the usual 2 hour show and called it a day, but she always goes the extra mile for fan service.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

If that is the case then why is she prancing around awkwardly in her underwear?

It's a Versace bodysuit, but I'd love to see what comments you're going to make about Madonna's outfits.  Female entertainers dress up because (duh) it's expected of them.

13 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

To whom is it a problem?  The people who aren't going to her show anyway?  lol you aren't going to the show and you think it's bland, we get it.  There's no need to make 100 posts about it in the Celebration Tour thread.  We were discussing the stage here.

Well there is no need to make 100 posts defending Taylor Swift on a Madonna forum. Maybe go to a Taylor forum if you don't want to hear what non fans think of her.

18 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

It's a Versace bodysuit, but I'd love to see what comments you're going to make about Madonna's outfits.  Female entertainers dress up because (duh) it's expected of them.

I don't have a problem with her outfit, she looks hot actually. I was responding to your claim that its "all about the music" likening her to U2.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Well there is no need to make 100 posts defending Taylor Swift on a Madonna forum. Maybe go to a Taylor forum if you don't want to hear what non fans think of her.

The place for you to make 100 posts about what you think of Taylor isn't in the Celebration Tour thread on a Madonna forum.  I made 1 post responding to "the stage is bland" comment because either people are delusional in their expectations of what Madonna's stage is objectively going to be, but being unable to make any posts without disparaging other female artists is old misogyny at this point and the opposite of what Madonna stands for.

Maybe you could contribute things like actual Madonna concert recordings and files like I have, instead of telling Madonna fans who have done those things to go to other forums instead, since the only thing you've ever been contributing here is negativity about every other artist.  Starting a thread to ask to pile on putdowns of other artists is beneath what this forum was about and is why many don't participate regularly any more.

But have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes it matters. That is the difference between a real artist and a manufactured pop star. I saw Bjork last week and her show was amazing. Taylor Swift looks like a McDonalds commercial in comparison. Money can't buy you real artistry.

That's your opinion.  You're welcome to it, but apparently, my previous argument is based on another opinion, by another who obviously isn't a fan of Taylor's.  It appears her stage is hardly "basic".

But yeah, we're getting off topic, but it's getting old how some fans are constantly running down other extremely successful female artists.  And you got me defending Taylor when I'm not even a fan!  LOL!  Get back to me when Mc Donalds finally gets their milk shake machines working!  :tongue:

30 minutes ago, tscott said:

That's your opinion.  You're welcome to it, but apparently, my previous argument is based on another opinion, by another who obviously isn't a fan of Taylor's.  It appears her stage is hardly "basic".

But yeah, we're getting off topic, but it's getting old how some fans are constantly running down other extremely successful artists. 

Well I didn't bring her up in this thread. I did not even know her tour had started until I read it here. It is not as if I go around running down every other artist. I am giving my view about a topic that came up.

To end the conversation I would never want Madonna to do this type of concept, staging or performance. And certainly not 3 hours of it. I don't care how popular or praised it is. Madonna is an artist and I expect something more creative from her than anything the likes of Taylor Swift has done or is doing. It doesn't matter how many tickets she sells, she is not in the same realm and never will be.

43 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Well I didn't bring her up in this thread. I did not even know her tour had started until I read it here. It is not as if I go around running down every other artist. I am giving my view about a topic that came up.

To end the conversation I would never want Madonna to do this type of concept, staging or performance. And certainly not 3 hours of it. I don't care how popular or praised it is. Madonna is an artist and I expect something more creative from her than anything the likes of Taylor Swift has done or is doing. It doesn't matter how many tickets she sells, she is not in the same realm and never will be.

I think we need an official "amen" option when giving an emotion or "like" 

3 hours ago, stfan97 said:

Maybe you could contribute things like actual Madonna concert recordings and files like I have, instead of telling Madonna fans who have done those things to go to other forums instead, since the only thing you've ever been contributing here is negativity about every other artist. 

That is total rubbish. I have uploaded and shared countless things over the years and dozens of people would attest to that. 

And apart from Swift what other artist have I said a bad word about here? I can’t think of anyone.

Anyway don’t bother responding because I am putting you on ignore!

7 hours ago, Alm47 said:

I'm not into Taylor's music, but all this chat about her tour made me check out her stage and… damn. If this is basic for some of y'all, then I'm curious about what you could do as Madonna's stage producer. 

Imagine M doing this after singing Swim:

very nice!

Why are we pitting Taylor against Madonna?

They aren't in competition. There is no gold metal at the end of this "race." Your "team" isn't going to win or lose. This isn't the Olympics.

You can like both. YES - you can like both.

You can also like one. Or the other. Or neither.

But for the purpose of this thread can we get back to MADONNA'S CELEBRATION TOUR ?

In terms of her graphic design team for the tour book, I would like it if she worked with my_madonna_luvin, a photo editor that does really beautiful work on older Madonna photos. Madonna has reposted his/her work before. If not an image editor on the new tour program, it would be great if he/she worked on the instagram photos instead of Gomez.

Edited by Honey Little (see edit history)

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

I've been on Madonna forums since 1998... M fans can't STAND that another woman is successful

Not all Madonna fans dislike other female entertainers.

Most M fans hate Janet, but Janet is my #2 and not all M fans who loathe Goober dislike her because of M, it can be because she can’t dance, she plays the piano mediocrely and she’s incredibly fake.

I love a lot of Mariah songs, but I can’t stand HER.

I love a lot of other female singers. Maybe I’m in the minority?

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

In terms of her graphic design team for the tour book, I would like it if she worked with my_madonna_luvin, a photo editor that does really beautiful work on older Madonna photos. Madonna has reposted his/her work before. If not an image editor on the new tour program, it would be great if he/she worked on the instagram photos instead of Gomez.

my_madonna_luvin is mocked a lot - the art they do is truly awful 

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Finally some sense in this thread 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic