The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, dela01 said:

I read that a lot of you will assist to several concert nights.  How can you pay for it?  I have a really good situation, but I never had in mind to buy tickets for more than one night and I'm not going to spend more than 500$CAN on a ticket.

Even one concert is a fantastic experience. Don't compare yourself to other fans. Go have a blast!

Edited by djnathanashby (see edit history)

3 hours ago, dela01 said:

I read that a lot of you will assist to several concert nights.  How can you pay for it?  I have a really good situation, but I never had in mind to buy tickets for more than one night and I'm not going to spend more than 500$CAN on a ticket.

They put it on their credit cards and spend the next 3 years paying it off

3 hours ago, dela01 said:

I read that a lot of you will assist to several concert nights.  How can you pay for it?  

I worked really hard and my dreams came true. 

Whilst I don’t think anyone needs to explain how they make or spend their money; and anyone making judgements needs to remember that their comments online can damage people (one of my friends got so much abuse for seeing his favourite band 40 times on their last tour he recently committed suicide as he couldn’t take it anymore)  - for me, Drowned World went on credit card ; since then I’ve never ever had a penny on credit card for Madonna tours. Buy it Monday, pay it off Tuesday. 

12 minutes ago, andifeel said:

I worked really hard and my dreams came true. 

Whilst I don’t think anyone needs to explain how they make or spend their money; and anyone making judgements needs to remember that their comments online can damage people (one of my friends got so much abuse for seeing his favourite band 40 times on their last tour he recently committed suicide as he couldn’t take it anymore)  - for me, Drowned World went on credit card ; since then I’ve never ever had a penny on credit card for Madonna tours. Buy it Monday, pay it off Tuesday. 

Hey I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. As someone who has known you for many years now, I know you work so hard to make your dreams come true and you do so much for the M fan community and you deserve to attend as many shows as you choose, I'll see you again in October x

5 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Or they immediately start saving after the last tour so they are ready to go for the next one at very short notice :) 

That wasn’t a dig at anyone by the way. I was literally repeating what I’ve been reading on forums for years…. “I’m still paying off the last tour 2 years later” etc etc. It seems to be what a lot of fans do.

8 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Hey I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. As someone who has known you for many years now, I know you work so hard to make your dreams come true and you do so much for the M fan community and you deserve to attend as many shows as you choose, I'll see you again in October x

It was such a shock when we heard Jonny had killed himself. You’d think by now people would realise that a snide comment or even a jokey comment made for a laugh can be received far far more devastatingly than anyone could imagine.

Fortunately I couldn’t care less what people think of me; (and the same old people have been posting the same old stuff for decades) but not everyone has as thick skin. 

Maybe it’s best to leave this chat here about both money and Jonny - as don’t want to bring the mood down; this is about the tour and celebrating our excitement!

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

That wasn’t a dig at anyone by the way. I was literally repeating what I’ve been reading on forums for years…. “I’m still paying off the last tour 2 years later” etc etc. It seems to be what a lot of fans do.

Ah yes we all do it differently -  I think it depends on lifestyle too - eg I rarely travel overseas if it's not for M and I don't drink, smoke or do drugs - the biggest cost in my life outside living expenses is collecting M lol

1 minute ago, andifeel said:

It was such a shock when we heard Jonny had killed himself. You’d think by now people would realise that a snide comment or even a jokey comment made for a laugh can be received far far more devastatingly than anyone could imagine.

Fortunately I couldn’t care less what people think of me; (and the same old people have been posting the same old stuff for decades) but not everyone has as thick skin. 

Maybe it’s best to leave this chat here about both money and Jonny - as don’t want to bring the mood down; this is about the tour and celebrating our excitement!

I have so much love for you mate, see you in October, it's gonna be a great time x 

9 hours ago, dela01 said:

I'm also a huge Spice Girls' fan and I never had a chance to see them live until 2019, since I'm from Brazil and during their heyday I was just a teenager who couldn't even dare to dream about getting a plane to attend one of their concerts overseas; even in 2007/2008, when they reformed for the first time, it was impossible for me to even think to cross the Equator to turn my life dream into reality.

After their Olympics perfomance in 2012, as an adult with finally a job, thank God, I decided to start a "Spice Girls savings" so when (or if) they reformed again, I'd have enough money to travel to attend their concerts abroad, since I never expected them to do concerts beyond the USA/Europe legs. The least that could have happened to me would have been to end up with a good amount of money in my account after some decades of savings if they had never reformed again since then :D

So when they announced their 2019 tour, I knew that my time had finally come. I started with buying 5 tickets right in the first day of sales and ended up attending a total of 10 out of 13 concerts in the whole tour.

Now ask me if I regret doing this? Absolutely not. I'd do it again, or even better, I hope I can do it again if they come back.

What I'm trying to say is that, when it comes to how one can attend so many concerts, it's not necessarily about being wealthy, but more about planning, savings and (mainly) life choices ;)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic