Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

8 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I never cared for NRM but I'm all for it being part of the show, especially cos so many fans seem to love it, but as the opening? Won't most of the audience start scratching their heads? I can see the lyrics work as a slowed down version though with some LQSLM type of choreo

There are enough fans in the audience every tour to give her a desired reaction. In almost every recording I’ve seen, the LDLHA portion in HBC from RHT got a very loud reaction.

She can’t always cater to the GP. It’s not like they genuinely care anyway. She should be catering to the people who have been supporting her all those years.

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

There are enough fans in the audience every tour to give her a desired reaction. In almost every recording I’ve seen, the LDLHA portion in HBC from RHT got a very loud reaction.

She can’t always cater to the GP. It’s not like they genuinely care anyway. She should be catering to the people who have been supporting her all those years.

I was talking about the lack of impact of the song as the opening number, not that it really matters as a lot of her show openers aren't hits or impactful songs to begin with, the whole start of the show and her dramatic entrances (I'm looking at you S&S) is already enough for everybody to go crazy. But it wouldn't be the same feast of recognition compared to let's say Vogue during RIT.

On a different note, personally it wouldn't be my choice to start something with the phrase "nothing really matters, love is all you need" what comes after that? To me it would be far more suitable as a closure of a later segement, 'cos the sentiment is such a realisation it feels like there needs to come something before, the world of MG and EY, the more ego driven and hedonistic songs. Now as an prelude of the show it could be a different thing, it would be the conclusion of the protagonist before taking us on her journey how she got there, so maybe it does work lol

ok dears, we are ALMOST THERE .... isn't that insane??

HOW EXCITED ARE YOU??

how do you think this tour will place itself within her touring legacy?

i think she will pull it off. give us a great great show, show respect and love to her own career and the generations of fans following,  she will have bob to tell us stories, her own and 40years+ of pop culture and also have light moments of just enjoying her fucking pop hits non stop.

19 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I never cared for NRM but I'm all for it being part of the show, especially cos so many fans seem to love it, but as the opening? Won't most of the audience start scratching their heads? I can see the lyrics work as a slowed down version though with some LQSLM type of choreo

But Future Lovers, an album track from the new album at the time, is undoubtedly one of the most impactful openers. It's not about the song, it's how she's going to use it.