Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It better be nothing more than a snippet! Enough is enough with this song. I like it, it’s one of my faves but there is absolutely no justification for it being on 4/7 tours since it’s release while all the other songs from BS are rotting in her song book.

I think she's leaves them out because they are mostly mid tempo and probably not that exciting live. Secret wasn't very exciting live. Human Nature isn't my favorite but it has some punch live. I would love to see Bedtime Story live, I think that could be really amazing. 

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

IDSIF?

Hmm the locals found scrolling

Like have it as a cute lead in to a  big hit

"We live between life and death
Waiting to move on
And in the end
We accept it
We shake hands with our fate
And we walk past
There's no rest for us in this world"

It doesn't scream narrative tbh. 

It sounds like 1:20

1 minute ago, litemakr said:

I think she's leaves them out because they are mostly mid tempo and probably not that exciting live. Secret wasn't very exciting live. Human Nature isn't my favorite but it has some punch live. I would love to see Bedtime Story live, I think that could be really amazing. 

It's probably why she decided not to go on tour with that album. However, it’s just a matter of how she decides to rearrange them. She turned Crave, a boring-ass song into a terrible dance remix. If she thinks that's the only way to add punch to a song like Secret, so be it. 😂🤭

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It's probably why she decided not to go on tour with that album. However, it’s just a matter of how she decides to rearrange them. She turned Crave, a boring-ass song into a terrible dance remix. If she thinks that's the only way to add punch to a song like Secret, so be it. 😂🤭

I heard this cool mashup of Burning Up x Secret a while ago:

43 minutes ago, stefo said:

I really don't understand the hate for HN, I think it's one of the tracks she always performed in an interesting way, from the moving mirrors to the rockish arrangement to the gorgeous trumpet/cage version of Madame X. It's definitely a signature track for her character and I think for herself too and the song is still so good for me, funky, dirty and ironic. I love it.

All the four tracks revealed today are excellent choices imo, happy :cute:

I really love Human Nature — but it’s been done a billion times.  I think the Madame X version was by far the best.   But I have enjoyed them all.  THAT SAID — I can see why people maybe want her to “rest” it this tour.

2 hours ago, Gutten said:

Or the one from the 1984 MTV Awards, that stage looks like a cake!!!

Either would be pretty crazy — but LIKE A VIRGIN from BLONDE AMBITION remains one of her greatest LIVE performances EVER.  Everything about that performance was so crazy revolutionary at the time, and I simply adore the Far East Arrangement.

Plus — that gold cone bra corset thingy…

4 minutes ago, kesiak said:

EVITA was the only reason she didn't tour Bedtime Stories - she mentioned in interviews that she was dying to tour that album. :)

A Bedtime Stories Tour could have been awesome.  In addition to most of that album, we’d probably have gotten THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND.  And I’LL REMEMBER.  Plus some interesting songs off of EROTICA.  

Like WORDS maybe… and BAD GIRL?  The latter especially would have fit in on such a tour…

But EVITA was an opportunity she couldn’t pass up.  Still…. Oh what a tour that would have been!!!

Considering that Price was the co-genius behind HUNG UP… I would think it has a very strong chance of being on the sound track.  The song has also not been on her last two tours… and so it has “rested.”  More it was a MASSIVE global hit and a huge part of her story as it was not only a terrific return to critical favor, but a huge physical comeback for her after that horrific horse riding mishap…

I really like HUNG UP.  And to me not having it in such a show would be pretty dang odd. 

It was just SO big and deserves to be sung in such a career retrospective.  It was also part of my favorite tour of hers that I ever attended.  And I’ve been to every tour since DROWNED.  I’ve loved them all — BUT… CONFESSIONS tops my list.  Epic album.  Epic set list and staging. Plus… LIVE TO TELL and EROTICA?!  

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I've always thought Bad Girl would sound lovely with an acoustic guitar and lonely cello arrangement. It needs a bit of a strum to give it some buoyancy like The Power Of Goodbye had. Sheps ballad arrangements are a bit ploddy tbh. 

See also "Playground / In This Life 

Rain gets away with it.

There are a lot of stripped down ways BAD GIRL could be done that would be f-cling amazing.  Even just her and a guy at a piano.  It doesn’t have to be the album version for me at all… as I trust she might just do something pretty brilliant with it. :)

I fucking loved I DON’T SEARCH I FIND— it was like a great echo callback to VOGUE and yet new and different.  To me it was Classic Madonna on a wild record that had her dabbling in lots of fabulous bold new directions.  And yet IDSIF fit right in — and the staging of it in MADAME X was brilliant.

As I fear it sounds like I am some vapid Pollyanna that simply loves everything… here is a list of five Madonna songs I find incredibly  irritating / boring…

SPANISH EYES (true blue)

CHERISH (100% absolutely my LEAST favorite song of ALL time!) (like a prayer)

THE BEAT GOES ON (hard candy)

TAKE A BOW  (bedtime stories) (great video though) (might be interesting LIVE sans Baby Face as he sounds so whiny on the track)

WHERE LIFE BEGINS (erotica)

I can see two of these being on the set list.  I’ll survive.  

26 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Either would be pretty crazy — but LIKE A VIRGIN from BLONDE AMBITION remains one of her greatest LIVE performances EVER.  Everything about that performance was so crazy revolutionary at the time, and I simply adore the Far East Arrangement.

Plus — that gold cone bra corset thingy…

She wore a white conical bra type outfit on her stories a few weeks ago and I wondered then - maybe an updated wedding dress costume? Maybe she’ll burst out of her cake stage like a Madge-in-the-box!

Pop Out Jack In The Box GIF by Astrid and Lilly Save The World

56 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

There are a lot of stripped down ways BAD GIRL could be done that would be f-cling amazing.  Even just her and a guy at a piano.  It doesn’t have to be the album version for me at all… as I trust she might just do something pretty brilliant with it. :)

Bad Girl ended Madonnas streak of 27 in a row top 20 hits so IMO it does not deserve to be done in full on this tour. I can live without it for sure. Also If she does Hanky Panky I am giving my ticket away, lol I hate it

2 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Bad Girl ended Madonnas streak of 27 in a row top 20 hits so IMO it does not deserve to be done in full on this tour. I can live without it for sure. Also If she does Hanky Panky I am giving my ticket away, lol I hate it

The song doesn't deserve to be in full in the tour because of fucking charts?? Is it a joke? It's not a compilation, it's a tour, a live show. Now I know why I never cared about charts 😁

1 minute ago, Sheridan1980 said:

The song doesn't deserve to be in full in the tour because of fucking charts?? Is it a joke? It's not a compilation, it's a tour, a live show. Now I know why I never cared about charts 😁

If we are only getting around 25 full song performances Bad Girl is a Hell No