Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

2 minutes ago, scion said:

Said nobody ever enthusiastically 🤣

I am. I love this song and I love her 3 last albums as much as the previous. She don’t have to scrap it , they’re great. And as I already said, I don.t care about general public and fucking charts :Madonna015:

3 minutes ago, MPowered said:

To be quite honest, DrownedMadonna may not know the most recent setlist. We also don't know whether they have given us the ENTIRE list of songs included. We know there are about 40 songs included somehow.

@Dazedmadonnaur right of answer here, please tell us Giampiero and co. gave indeed access to the updated setlist or what.

13 minutes ago, Matte88 said:

I hope a good word for both, and not only Israel…is not a good moment to put her fans in real bad situations at the show… Public relations and intelligence first of all, but with Guy Oseary there will be just good words only for Israel…

Well, Oseary seemed to be really worried to the atrocities Bashar al-Assad did to Syrian people back then (and he's still doing it). I guess, by M saying "Hamas are the real terrorists, not the innocent Palestinian people" on Instagram, she clearly told what side she and her team stand for. If Israel's being severly unproportional in their retaliation to Hamas and Gaza people (as they obviously and historicly always have been), this is another story that makes the Zionists lips sealed as usual.

I also agree M's social activism is her most flawed aspect. But she has the right of being a mess about this issue, as most people in this world by both sides are too.

I don’t think there’ll be a political statement tonight. Her kids are on stage. It’s the first show. She’s just escaped one life threatening illness and after the American Life death threats to her and her kids I don’t think she’ll move down this route. She has made her statement on her socials I don’t think she will risk the crowd turning on her if her wording is wrong. It’s too hot just now. 

22 minutes ago, Matte88 said:

I hope a good word for both, and not only Israel…is not a good moment to put her fans in real bad situations at the show… Public relations and intelligence first of all, but with Guy Oseary there will be just good words only for Israel…

Are you saying there will be a terror attack at the concert tonight regarding Israel? Sorry I don’t understand. 

10 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Also … The Beast Withins third outing on tour while actual singles left floundering. 
I love it tho 

Meee too! I love beast within and need her to read it live including the part where she says Jews are a sinagoga 🕍 of satan. She edited that out on the reinvention tour.

7 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Stay tuned for the 'detailed' news this evening :kiss2: trust me... you don't wanna miss it.

82jrdh.gif

Oh September 9, 1999. The memories from this night and the whole day after. Someday I will tell all details!!! (But none of them is Madonna-related, I wasn't even a casual fan by then, let alone a stan.)

10 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Meee too! I love beast within and need her to read it live including the part where she says Jews are a sinagoga 🕍 of satan. She edited that out on the reinvention tour.

You know this part from Apocalypse refers specifically to the Christian people who still followed Jewish practices such as circumcision and kosher diet, imposed by the Church of Jerusalem in contrast to the Church of Antiochia founded by Saint Paul right? By the end of 1st century CE (when the Apocalypse of John was written, in the verge of the banning by Vespasianus of non Pagean religions such as Judaism and Christianism), there wasn't yet a "Christianism" fully apart from Jewish traditions. Paul was adamant about the full separation of both faiths but some churches by then still imposed Jewish norms.

Of course "the synagogue of Satan" is still a concept pretty much valid in the course of Christianism as of today. Especially in the context of reformed Churches.

Fun fact (to @Honey Littlespecificly):

All European *legal* bootlegged live albums which use NHK broadcast audio from Fukuoka also omit the "synagogue of Satan" part. Check this one for instance:

I guess this part, taken very much out of context  - John wasn't being specifically against the Jews (since he himself was an active member of the Judaizant Church of Jerusalem, as defined by the 1st Apostolic Council happened there in 49 CE, and preached mostly to the Jews who used to come to Jerusalem for the festivities that only could take part in the Temple of Herodes, I mean, of Salomon; after the destruction of the Holy City by the Romans, he preached then to the Jews resident in Aephesus, a city where now is part of Turkey/Türkiye), but against the Christians who acted as if they were Jews. Of course in a context of a people almost erradicated by the Nazis, such quotation by a world popstar would sound extremely antisemitic, esp given she was actually performing in Israel.