Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

On 4/25/2023 at 1:56 AM, BuggedOut said:

It would be great if she did the Junior Mix of Secret.

Secret during Drowned World was a snooze fest.

On tv it was. Live, it was the best part of the show because suddenly it became alive and not some musical removed from the audience. Both nights i attended, it filled the venue with chills and to this day i'm really saddened it did not translate on video. 

I hope she does NO Junior rancid remixes. They are so cheap i feel like i'm wearing Primark when i hear them.

33 minutes ago, deathproof said:

No. Just because she performs Vogue, doesn’t make it ballroom.

The fact that Kevin JZ Prodigy is being involved with this tour shows we are getting something ballroom related.

I knew you’d quip back :lol: I have seen Paris is Burning lol.

Since the entire song is a tribute to the dance style that evolved from the ballroom scene id consider every performance a tribute to it in a sense.

But yes I get you, she could really celebrate the actual origins in a way she never has and I think that would be really cool. I would love to see Vogue as a finale of the show for a change as I feel that it is really her #1 career defining moment.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

On tv it was. Live, it was the best part of the show because suddenly it became alive and not some musical removed from the audience. Both nights i attended, it filled the venue with chills and to this day i'm really saddened it did not translate on video. 

I hope she does NO Junior rancid remixes. They are so cheap i feel like i'm wearing Primark when i hear them.

I didn’t see the show in person unfortunately but I still even love it on the dvd.

She performed it at one of my Rebel Heart shows though and it was wonderful there.

On 4/11/2023 at 5:51 AM, Diieeego said:

What I am confused about is the “2 notes” thing. People here are saying Music and Into the groove, but Music is 3 beats (dum dum… dum) and into the groove is 4 notes (da da… dee da…) so I’m not sure (or maybe I’m missing something?

to me an iconic 2 note intro should be something like Vogue (with the 2 very long notes from the immaculate collection)?

Yeah, you're right about "Music" and "Into The Groove". But a lot of people don't understand how music works and I think maybe Tony is one of them. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I didn’t see the show in person unfortunately but I still even love it on the dvd.

She performed it at one of my Rebel Heart shows though and it was wonderful there.

It's good but it does not do it justice. I think it's a case like that Nothing Compares 2 U performance at the BB Awards, when you compare what was on tv which was good to that audience recording that is amazing.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:41 AM, Diieeego said:

I think Music as an opener would be so good. Imagine all is dark and then at full volume the vocoder voice “hey Mr DJ…. Put a record on… I wanna dance with my baby”. I think people would go NUTS 

I was thinking the same thing. "Music makes the people come together" is a great way to set the tone for a show about celebrating a successful musician's career.

And it's never been done at the beginning of a show before. And it was her last single to be #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in America, so it's very special in the catalog. 

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I saw the show in person twice.

It was boring to me live and on the DVD.

51 minutes ago, scion said:

Whereas for me it’s a top three show.  She can’t please everyone 

I’d say more people than not left that show wanting to hear more songs that they knew.

I definitely enjoyed it more in person than it translated on DVD.

I still don’t know why she refused hair and make up for the show that got released.

36 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I’d say more people than not left that show wanting to hear more songs that they knew.

I definitely enjoyed it more in person than it translated on DVD.

I still don’t know why she refused hair and make up for the show that got released.

What do you mean she refused it? Didn't she just pick a bit of a bad hairstyle and makeup for that night? Such a shame, since her straight platinum blonde look is one of my all time favorites of her's.

OH MY AGELESS GODDESS!!! LOOK at her TRULY Beautiful TRULY athletic body!!! The Queen of Dance floor is TRULY back!! And if you TRULY carefully look at the outfits she wears during rehearsals, of course she won't wear the exactly same outfit on tour, but these photos TRULY gives you a hint about what kind of costume She gonna to wear on actual tour!

10000000_630489365149585_3282805526728968360_n.mp4_20230502_081159.792.jpg

10000000_630489365149585_3282805526728968360_n.mp4_20230502_081119.448.jpg