Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

58 minutes ago, Roy said:

Yep!

I would say, this is a good Dolby Atmos mix, obviously remixed and remastered from the stems used for the original IC mix but without Q-sound as the software for that is long gone. There is no center channel and LFO but I think it's okay since there is a good amount of bass and center channel for the front L and R channels.

Not bad! Sounds clean, sounds good.

Be careful. The Dolby Atmos change the direction of the audio between speakers to emulate a real 3D sound. You need a specific Dolby Atmos decoder. So the center channel and LFO being null is irrelevant.

If you play the files in a regular 5.1 player you can't enjoy the real dolby atmos mix. You only will enjoy a mutilated 5.1 version.

This video explain really well the differences between the regular dolby digital 5.1 and the dolby atmos: 

This is a step in the right direction. I've dreamed of Madonna songs in surround, and was terribly disappointed when the  5.1 mixes that Warner Canada talked about back in 2007 never materialised.
I have records in surround with Björk, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, and more, and love it.

Now, if we could just get Madonna to release this surround mix on physical media. A special edition for her own web store, perhaps? :)

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

Be careful. The Dolby Atmos change the direction of the audio to emulate a real 3D sound. You need a specific Dolby Atmos decoder. So the center channel and LFO being null is irrelevant. If you play the files in a regular 5.1 player you can't enjoy the real dolby atmos mix.

Yeah, it sounds like crap for any of us who doesn't haven't the proper system, but I'm sure it sounds fine for those who have the right system or headphones to enjoy the Dolby Atmos sound.  My only criticism is how some of the songs aren't the original version of IC.  One of the key elements to IC was the new original mixes and  Q-Sound mix.  I am fine if the original mixes are changed to be enjoyed with newer technology, but not happy that they continue to use different version of the songs that wasn't originally on the original release.

In addition, the updated certifications are for the U.S., so while in the U.S., 11 Million copies, we also know an additionalr 20+ Million copies were sold outside of the U.S.  I would like to know how much more it's sold outside of the U.S. too.   With this update, we can only assume 31 Million copies, but is it possible it's sold another five or more million copies world - wide?

6 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

At this point I believe Madonna really wants the album version of Borderline and the remix of Lucky Star on a Immaculate, since there is no space limits on a digital release. Was the original a Immaculate ever release with the right tracklist on digital? 

No. "The Immaculate Collection" on digital has always been like this, with the U.S. Remix of "Lucky Star" and the album version of "Borderline" since day 1 - 2005 when it was added to the iTune Store, I guess? I think in the first years even "Like A Prayer" was not the proper "Immaculate" remix, but the 12'' Dance Remix I think. But they fixed that around... 2011-2012 maybe.

Something wrong must happened to the original "Immaculate" mixes multitracks for "Lucky Star" and "Borderline". That's the only reason to explain why they've never been fixed, not even now. I mean, it was the perfect time to do so.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

No. "The Immaculate Collection" on digital has always been like this, with the U.S. Remix of "Lucky Star" and the album version of "Borderline" since day 1 - 2005 when it was added to the iTune Store, I guess? I think in the first years even "Like A Prayer" was not the proper "Immaculate" remix, but the 12'' Dance Remix I think.

So this how she wants it, it can’t be a mistake. It’s not like they used the album version of Lucky Star too, they used a specific remix since day 2 on this digital release. Of something happened with the original multitracks, why not using the album versione of Lucky Star too on this Atmos release? 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

Yeah, it sounds like crap for any of us who doesn't haven't the proper system, but I'm sure it sounds fine for those who have the right system or headphones to enjoy the Dolby Atmos sound.  My only criticism is how some of the songs aren't the original version of IC.  One of the key elements to IC was the new original mixes and  Q-Sound mix.  I am fine if the original mixes are changed to be enjoyed with newer technology, but not happy that they continue to use different version of the songs that wasn't originally on the original release.

Yes, I agree with you. I hate when they change the original songs on streaming. I would love to know the real reason to change these two tracks.

11 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

At this point I believe Madonna really wants the album version of Borderline and the remix of Lucky Star on Immaculate, since there is no space limits with a digital release. Was the original version of Immaculate ever released with the right tracklist on digital? 

I would agree with this.  I really think the different versions for digital and streaming is intentional, rather a "mistake" as some claim. I just don't believe they would go to the extent of updating with Doly Atmos with the "wrong versions". 

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

I would agree with this.  I really think the different version for digital and streaming is intentional, rather a "mistake" as some claim. I just don't believe they would go to the extent of updating with Doly Atmos with the "wrong versions". 

Yes also why not using for this Dolby Release the album version of Lucky Star? If something happened with the Immaculate multitracks of that song using a shorter version for a greatest hits makes more sense. But they remixed the remix that was on this digital version of the album since day 1. Wasn’t the remix used on the Immaculate dvd too (I always forget what versione they used on Immaculate and what on the first vhs with the videos from the first album and LAV). 

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

I would agree with this.  I really think the different versions for digital and streaming is intentional, rather a "mistake" as some claim. I just don't believe they would go to the extent of updating with Doly Atmos with the "wrong versions". 

Maybe the original stems for the "Immaculate" mixes of those two songs are lost or maybe is the way she wants it now and that's it. But she's definitely OK with that, that's for sure, especially when it hasn't been fixed now and this release has been approved by her.

In the end this the digital version of that album and it's been for almost 20 years now, so we need to accept that the physical and the digital versions are just different. No big deal really.

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes also why not using for this Dolby Release the album version of Lucky Star? If something happened with the Immaculate multitracks of that song using a shorter version for a greatest hits makes more sense. But they remixed the remix that was on this digital version of the album since day 1. Wasn’t the remix used on the Immaculate dvd too (I always forget what versione they used on Immaculate and what on the first vhs with the videos from the first album and LAV). 

Yes, I mentioned in another post on this topic that Lucky Star video on the DVD is the U.S. Remix, and that's most likely why they went with the U.S. Remix digitally and streaming.  To me, it's all intention, rather a mistake.  There is no way they would update these versions to Dolby Atmos unless it's intentional.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Maybe the original stems for the "Immaculate" mixes of those two songs are lost or maybe is the way she wants it now and that's it. But she's definitely OK with that, that's for sure, especially when it hasn't been fixed now and this release has been approved by her.

In the end this the digital version of that album and it's been for almost 20 years now, so we need to accept that the physical and the digital versions are just different. No big deal really.

Yeah, I don't disagree here.  It seems pretty intentional at this point.  And yeah, it's not really a big deal, but for us Hard core fans, I can see how it may be annoying.  Anyone (re-)discovering the Imnaculate Collection these days whether it's a new fan, a casual fan or the general public wouldn't really care. 

2 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I know tscott has me on ignore (lol), but as I stated before, Mike Dean probably mastered all of her albums in Dolby Atmos.

And yes, it seems obvious now that Lucky Star and Borderline are intentional.

I wonder why on You Can Dance "Physical Attraction" is the original album version on streaming instead the "mixed album version". It's the same version, only mixed at the beginning with the end of everybody and different speed. It has no sense

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I wonder why on You Can Dance "Physical Attraction" is the original album version on streaming instead the "mixed album version". It's the same version, only mixed at the beginning with the end of everybody and different speed. It has no sense

Unfortunately, it seems M’s back catalog isn’t a huge priority to her or her labels.

I do wish they would take better care of her back catalog, but at this point, I think it’s a lost cause.

47 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Be careful. The Dolby Atmos change the direction of the audio between speakers to emulate a real 3D sound. You need a specific Dolby Atmos decoder. So the center channel and LFO being null is irrelevant.

If you play the files in a regular 5.1 player you can't enjoy the real dolby atmos mix. You only will enjoy a mutilated 5.1 version.

This video explain really well the differences between the regular dolby digital 5.1 and the dolby atmos: 

I have Dolby Atmos for Headphones and it sounds insane! :D

I also have DTX Headphones too.

This is just another reason why I prefer owning the physical version of Immaculate Collection.  You get what was originally released without the alterations made digitally and on streaming formats.  The same goes with some of her other original releases. As much as I appreciate the convenience of streaming, the physical copies allows you to enjoy her how it was originally intended.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, I agree with you. I hate when they change the original songs on streaming. I would love to know the real reason to change these two tracks.

She wants to give us a good reason to still keep and play the original physical copies. :04: