VULGAR

deathproof

30 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I don’t want any of these new songs on a GREATEST HITS tour. She has too many other songs that deserve a spot on the setlist. Vulgar is not one of them.

I can already hear those Middle Eastern-influenced strings opening the show, and the crowd going wild. 💡

I absolutely agree that "Vulgar" is pure Madonna if that make sense. The thing is that you cannot define its genre, it's not house, it's not dance, it's not trap, it's not urban, it's not pop, but at the same time it's all those genres mixed with oriental and sometimes Bollywood style. The track is an alien, but a class one, not a cheap one. 

I love vulgar 

It’s the most Madonna like song we had in years no

The song is trashy and cheap and vulgar and that’s completely fine

The song is a niche song, pride song and club song and that’s fantastic  

The song could be used in a RPDR performance absolutely 

IMHO the most important thing is that the song keeps making the statements Madonna has been know for (not any other pop star could do this song) she’s still the only one after 40 years in the music business that’s still in the conversation of what’s happening in the world and has the pulse and the balls to challenge retrograde thinking about the LGTBQ+ community, she’s having fun giving her blessing to SAM who represents many segments of the queer community, she recorded the song when the world was literally trashing her for her looks at the Grammys and was attacking her relentlessly

Say our fucking names is not just S&M, but all of us the queer community that struggle with discrimination in one way or another in any or many moments in our lives, it the modern we are here we are queer get used to it  

And for that this is the most Madonna song in a very long time

15 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Okayyyyyyyyy guyssssss !!!!! Ive played it !!!! The track is a pure ovni !!! It's like nothing else ! It's a sensation !!! It's different !!!! It was a hit or miss on the floor, i knew it as soon as i heard it on my headphones to put it in synch with my mix ! So i didn't play excatly when i had planned, a little bit later. The danceflloor wasn't as packed as earlier but still some people were dancing. And guess what ??? It's been a hit ! People went crazy !!! No one left the floor ! Some people really lost it !! I'm really happy ! This is one of the best track that she had made in years. This is pure Madonna. The tracks fits no category, just like "Music" !! Her voice, her attitude is pure Madonna ! Some great mixes will happen very soon be sure of that ! Sam Smith sounds really great on the track too. I'm so happy, between Vulgar, Popular and the Christine tracks, Madonna is back and i'm not even imagining what she has in store for us musically next... I love her so much 💖

I was waiting to hear from you..I'm glad you like it !!

Madonna seems authentic and angry in Vulgar.  Coming off of the ridiculous comentary on her looks at the Grammys, this seems like an appropriate response. Many of the pics were intentionally unflattering and Madonna deserved better treatment. I am sure the "Go Fuck Yourself" line would not have happened if people would have been civil and respectful.  I hated the bleached eyebrows but they did not devalue her.  I love Vulgar.  This is a "I'm not your bitch" moment and Madonna has earned it.  It is not Like a Prayer 2.0 but it is authentic, defiant and brave. Bought me a copy to support and will stream it like mad.  

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

Madonna seems authentic and angry in Vulgar.  Coming off of the ridiculous comentary on her looks at the Grammys, this seems like an appropriate response. Many of the pics were intentionally unflattering and Madonna deserved better treatment. I am sure the "Go Fuck Yourself" line would not have happened if people would have been civil and respectful.  I hated the bleached eyebrows but they did not devalue her.  I love Vulgar.  This is a "I'm not your bitch" moment and Madonna has earned it.  It is not Like a Prayer 2.0 but it is authentic, defiant and brave. Bought me a copy to support and will stream it like mad.  

Plus most people are missing what a true statement it is. It's easy to see it only as a fun track - and it is - but this line:

If you fuck with Sam tonight, you're fucking with me

In a time where LGBTQ+ rights seem to be more threatened than ever, Mama Bear is here to tell the world if you fuck with them you're fucking with her. So beware.

As always, she walks the walk and not only talk the talk. A true inspiration.

33 minutes ago, tscott said:

:Madonna034:

Surely you meant to ask if there was a "physical" single, right?

I'm also hoping to Madonna's team that there are CD singles in production...with vinyls

Unless they release this in a new Gloria edition but would the people in here be open to buy that?

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I'm also hoping to Madonna's team that there are CD singles in production...with vinyls

Unless they release this in a new Gloria edition but would the people in here be open to buy that?

I'm all for a physical edition, but I'm doubting they are taking that route.

I originally thought maybe the "Vulgar" track was for an additional edition of Gloria, but now I'm thinking this is just a one off track the two did for fun.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Plus most people are missing what a true statement it is. It's easy to see it only as a fun track - and it is - but this line:

If you fuck with Sam tonight, you're fucking with me

In a time where LGBTQ+ rights seem to be more threatened than ever, Mama Bear is here to tell the world if you fuck with them you're fucking with her. So beware.

As always, she walks the walk and not only talk the talk. A true inspiration.

Amen!

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic