POPULAR

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

Unfortunately, they cut Madonna's part out.  If she's layered in the background vocals, I can't hear it.  Surprise they included Madonna's name in the title being it's just an abridge live version with The Weeknd vocals.

I hear her vocals in the end, on the chorus? Maybe it's placebo.

It kinda makes sense they’d cut her part since it’s his show and she’s not there. It’d be kinda weird to play it over the PA and have them just chilling there. Or even worse, have a background singer do it and then have people in the comments be like “now SHE killed it!” 🙄

A thought crossed my mind. It’d be cute to see them perform this together at the VMAs. I mean, presuming she’s well enough to make that kind of public appearance. It’s a pretty chill song. They could just kinda sit there and vibe together.

5 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

It kinda makes sense they’d cut her part since it’s his show and she’s not there. It’d be kinda weird to play it over the PA and have them just chilling there. Or even worse, have a background singer do it and then have people in the comments be like “now SHE killed it!” 🙄

A thought crossed my mind. It’d be cute to see them perform this together at the VMAs. I mean, presuming she’s well enough to make that kind of public appearance. It’s a pretty chill song. They could just kinda sit there and vibe together.

But artists do it all the time. Even Madonna has had her features (usually accompanied by a video of that artist) featured in a live track.  Her solo part is so small, that they could have just taken from the Instagram video I believe she did mouthing the words and put it on the screens.  

But I get what you're saying. It's probably just easier to just sing his parts and be done with it.   :)

38 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Please no.

Just now, steady75 said:

When I see the huge crows and hype and levels of success around the WKND my mind cannot compute. I think he's one of the most basic pop-stars out there. It's obviously just me but Christ it's so average, 

I don't get it either, he's so bland and a lot of his songs are just straight up 80s rip offs. I've seen people comparing him to Prince which is insane. Speaking of Prince... 

Who knows, maybe the Weeknd is what the kids want these days. I used to be down with the kids until they put me on a register 😢

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

When I see the huge crows and hype and levels of success around the WKND my mind cannot compute. I think he's one of the most basic pop-stars out there. It's obviously just me but Christ it's so average, 

It’s definitely not just you.

He is basic AF in every way.

10 hours ago, Javi13 said:

Popular rises 2 spots to #22 on the Daily Top Songs Global chart of Spotify with 2,477,057 filtered streams. Up 5,78% from Monday and up 1,87% from previous Tuesday!

#10 (+2) UK 
#58 (+14) USA

Hey thanks!  Always fascinated how this song is bouncing back and forth.  Obviously, it's somewhat a slow burner, but I'm not expecting it to top the charts at this point, especially in the U.S.  The UK seems to be more on board with this song. :luv: 

5 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I'm such a bad fan, I haven't even listened to this song. I'm really down on The Weeknd right now after his atrocious HBO show and I don't feel like engaging with something from it. And I heard Mother is barely on the song anyway. But I'll listen one day...

You aren’t missing much.

It could be anyone singing, but plenty of people seem to enjoy it so you should at least listen to it once. :)

On 7/27/2023 at 10:23 AM, LoveSong said:

Cool to know it's in the UK top 10, listened to it once, but it's so generic and uninspired it's the equivalent to licking sawdust and people thinking it's caviar 🤐 why this resonates and not one of her better efforts off her own recent albums?

It's not been in the UK Top 10, unfortunately.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic