The Celebration North American Leg Postponed ~ Begins October

Shoful

Ticketmaster Canada is the first to list all their concerts as postponed, including next Saturday’s original opening night in Vancouver. With no date set yet the cities are now listed in alphabetical order with date & time TBA. The site also provides the following info:

The Event Organizer has had to postpone your event.

Please hold onto your tickets as they will be valid for the new date. You can locate your tickets by signing in to your online account. If your event is eligible for a refund or credit, those options will be visible within the Event Details of your order.

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund on a to-be-rescheduled show?

I don't live in the country so a rescheduled show is probably not going to work for me.

Im wondering the same thing. I wont be able to travel on the new dates and im still going to the scheduled us dates as I’ll lose all my money if i cancel it

Edited by phantomoftheopera (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Jackie said:

God bless the queen! I get why she said current plan - it’s a recovery process and at this stage she’s on the mend and getting stronger! 

Totally!  And heaven forbid, she has some relapse of some sort.... sounds like she's thinking realistically.  Unfortunately, life happens and we can't hold that against her.  Besides, no one wants her going up on stage before she's ready, only to harm herself worse. 

I like to add that I'm enjoying reading from those who are being accepting and optimistic during this change.  Unfortunately my show is postponed but I was expecting it and may not even be able to make the rescheduled date, but I don't care.  As long as she's healthy is all that matters. 

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund on a to-be-rescheduled show?

I don't live in the country so a rescheduled show is probably not going to work for me.

Rescheduled dates will be announced as soon as possible. Fans are encouraged to hold onto their tickets as they will be valid for the new dates once announced.
The tour is currently scheduled to kick off in Europe in October.

Refund Policy:
Standard TM policy in effect.
Once a new date is announced, or if new dates aren't announced within 60 days, fans will be able to request a refund

Might be my case too 

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

I told you the plan last year was to have the face settled for the summer.

(and then everyone blocked me 🤷‍♂️)

that makes no sense, getting surgery in the middle of rehearsals.

she looks good because she's beet getting IV and hasn't been smoking or drinking since she was in the hospital.

I looked 10 years younger after my bacterial infection when I got out of the hospital. I was weak, I could barely move, but my face looked like a took a youth potion.

Has anyone been able to request a refund?

they don’t have the right to hold onto my money for another 6 months!  Ticketmaster is bullshit. I don’t care about a rescheduled date and I’m not rearranging my life for another date! Not cool… she’s been on drugs for months anyways, and she openly admits this. Done.  This is business, my income my money, has nothing to do with her health. Refund the fans immediately and let us choose to purchase tickets! :Madonna008:

do speak up if you received a refund…

7 minutes ago, blondtour said:

Has anyone been able to request a refund?

they don’t have the right to hold onto my money for another 6 months!  Ticketmaster is bullshit.

Ticketmaster first has to make an official agreement with M's management. They can't issue refunds on their own without making it official with the artist and the management. In Madonna's post, she clearly stated that for now they only have an "idea" what to do next.

4 hours ago, tscott said:

As suspected, she would postpone U.S. dates and start with Europe.  It does make sense.  It gives her time to get back her stamina and re-work the tour (if need be) to accommodate what she's capable of doing, etc. I knew she wouldn't give us much details of her health issue. 

Great to hear from her and she does look so great in that pic. 

Yeah I hope there is some re working of some sort and she scales back her physical activity in the show to prevent any future issues. She can still put on an amazing show and not be jumping around all over the stage. She has dancers for that 

37 minutes ago, blondtour said:

they don’t have the right to hold onto my money for another 6 months!  Ticketmaster is bullshit. I don’t care about a rescheduled date and I’m not rearranging my life for another date! Not cool…

Actually they do have the right because when you bought the tickets you checked YES, I AGREE to their "Terms & Conditions" which includes their refund policy.

Here is what will happen. This info is also clearly spelled out on their website:

Right now, Madonna's team is scrambling to reroute all of the rescheduled dates and get new contracts with each venue.

Once that is done - the venue and TM will send you an email with the rescheduled date. You can either keep your ticket for the rescheduled date or request a refund.

If no new date is announced within the next 60 days, you can also request a refund.

This sucks. I get it. Try to remain calm.

You'll either get your money back or still get the concert you paid for (at a later date).

No one wanted this. Including her.

18 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

Actually they do have the right because when you bought the tickets you checked YES, I AGREE to their "Terms & Conditions" which includes their refund policy.

Here is what will happen. This info is also clearly spelled out on their website:

Right now, Madonna's team is scrambling to reroute all of the rescheduled dates and get new contracts with each venue.

Once that is done - the venue and TM will send you an email with the rescheduled date. You can either keep your ticket for the rescheduled date or request a refund.

If no new date is announced within the next 60 days, you can also request a refund.

This sucks. I get it. Try to remain calm.

You'll either get your money back or still get the concert you paid for (at a later date).

No one wanted this. Including her.

Thanks for explaining this.  I hope many others read this before they freak out over a refund.  While Ticketmaster does have these "terms and conditions", most never read them.   And while, it's easy to say, that's not Ticketmaster's fault, but it's not hard to conclude that Ticketmaster monopolizes the market and uses that to over charge people, and tack on ridiculous fees. But of course, they get away with it, because there really isn't much of another choice to go when it comes to purchasing concert tickets, without getting further ripped off by other ticket agencies.  As you stated, it sucks, but I can understand how someone can get annoyed how businesses like this can hold onto your money like they do, and sometimes make it difficult to cancel tickets or request a refund.  It seems a bit deceptive to hold onto consumers money when they can't deliver their service in the original time you bought it for.  Certainly, ticket agencies can't predict or know when an artist will have to postpone or cancel gigs, but it just seems to me, there should be a bit more of a fair way in doing business where it doesn't stress out a consumer. But it's all about the mighty dollar at the end of the day. 

But as you rightfully stated, especially in this situation, one will either be given the opportunity for a refund or go to the rescheduled show.