The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Sort of.
They forgot about 4 Minutes and Ghosttown

I have a feeling she may perform a song here and there to treat fans at her concerts around the globe. Fingers crossed she does so! She gets bored easily, so we'll see if she rehearsed them to do so in future shows.

Just now, Lucky Star said:

I have a feeling she may perform a song here and there to treat fans at her concerts around the globe. Fingers crossed she does so! She gets bored easily, so we'll see if she rehearsed them to do so in future shows.

Maybe she'll do Frozen instead of Rain sometimes, but I'm not sure.

Perhaps it was a definitive decision and seeing the fans happy to hear Rain will confirm her decision (I would prefer Frozen because I hate Rain without the bridge, so I hope I'm wrong).

No live band, it would be more challenging to make changes, and maybe she won't want to take the risk with songs she hasn't rehearsed in over a month.

The songs she removed from the setlist, she might have removed them permanently. Also, keep in mind that until May, her show was supposed to last between 2 and a half to 3 hours. I had heard it would be her longest concert ever, but maybe she realized it's exhausting for her (not to mention the delays, curfews in some places). And she made some cuts. Maybe in the middle of the tour, she might add something. But don't hope for it too much.

19 minutes ago, Lorx said:

No live band, it would be more challenging to make changes, and maybe she won't want to take the risk with songs she hasn't rehearsed in over a month.

Actually no live band makes it easier if she wants to switch songs? They just need to put the other instrumental and backing vocal track and voilà!

"Rain" switched for "Frozen" would be an easy one, since the backdrop and clothes are the "Frozen" video ones, anyway.

(I prefer "Rain" by the way, we had "Frozen" in the last tour. I think some of the decisions are based on this: "Frozen" was on the MXT, "Like A Virgin" and "Material Girl" on the RHT, etc. to not repeat and bore herself - but again, there it is "Burning Up" on guitar and almost same place as the RHT version).

2 hours ago, Joce said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if small compact cameras are allowed ?

Something like this

RX100VII001.jpg

https://www.theo2.co.uk/do-more-at-the-o2/the-o2-arena/arena-terms-of-entry

The use of unauthorised cameras, video and/or sound recording equipment is prohibited and such items may be confiscated at the Ticket holder’s own risk.

53 minutes ago, Prayer said:

From Pop Justice forums:

"Apparently these were some of the ideas and rehearsed songs:

- The Power Of Good-Bye (planned as an encore with Frozen or just as songs in the final section).
- Frozen (replaced with Rain).
- Candy Shop.
- The plan was to open the show with Celebration, followed by Nothing Really Matters.
- They also suggested Nothing Really Matters as the finale and leave Everybody as the opener.
- Papa Don't Preach.
- Music.
- Hold Tight was supposed to be in the cowboy section.
- Celebration was always rehearsed an outro and it didn't have Music elements.
- Oh Father (supposed to be performed before the cowboy section).
- Sorry (supposed to be performed before the cowboy section)."

This is basically a recap of what me and @Lorxsaid yesterday here.

Back That Up, 4 Minutes, Ghosttown (with David) and Mother of Creation were also tested but were scrapped along the way, just like the original Live To Tell choreo and a few remixes which were changed.

6 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Back That Up, 4 Minutes, Ghosttown (with David) and Mother of Creation were also tested but were scrapped along the way, just like the original Live To Tell choreo and a few remixes which were changed.

I hope they had time to record studio versions. 👀

28 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

What is Mother of Creation ??

44 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Ok so I went last night. And I have a ball. It was soo good.

Her vocals change along so even with backing vocals you can hear she is singing. She does'nt dance crazy but there's not need.

Live to Tell is brutal so is Bad Girl. Goosebumps

The stream filming from above pays no justice. You need to be in a lower view to appreciate the whole setting. The Human nature/CFY snap didn't feel strange . She is walking away from the stage so is like she sings to herself that part .

The ending works fine too. BIM has a nice cheering goodbye moment when the dancer bow away and then Madonna leaves the last. It didn't feel abrupt. The audience were all up from the beginning singing and dancing. Lots of people in well elaborated costumes.

There are more songs bits mixed around that I did'nt noticed. Material Girl beats, Express Yourself intro and D&D snippet appear at the beginning.

Bob works great too.

She had such a good time and was in great spirit.

I wonder what other end she could have chosen given that she's still very active so the ending must have been a nightmare to think about. It should open to something new but maybe the feeling of it being abrupt is to say it's no really the end. IDK. Glad you had a blast.

31 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

These songs can still pop up on tour when she gets bored with a track she can pick another one to switch it

34 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

The use of unauthorised cameras, video and/or sound recording equipment is prohibited and such items may be confiscated at the Ticket holder’s own risk.

In all concerts it's like this, so in theory, you shouldn't even be able to film with your smartphone. Then, in practice, some people bring compact cameras with superzoom (like 300mm).

29 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Oh, I forgot "Back That Up." 
I didn't know about "Mother of Creation," and I'm not sure what it is 😄

33 minutes ago, Valdu25 said:

Even if I love Frozen as it is one of her best songs, the fact she had not sung Rain for 30 years makes it a better choice to me.

I prefer Frozen, I absolutely love Rain, but I find this version ugly. If they had done the original version, I would have preferred it to Frozen.

1 minute ago, Lorx said:

In all concerts it's like this, so in theory, you shouldn't even be able to film with your smartphone. Then, in practice, some people bring compact cameras with superzoom (like 300mm).

But here they check your bags and ask you to pass them thru a screening. I guess you can have it on you

2 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

But here they check your bags and ask you to pass them thru a screening. I guess you can have it on you

Sure, if you wanna bring it you should have it in your pockets.

I will bring my smartphone, it has 10x optical zoom so hopefully I will film good videos

2 hours ago, broujeorbit said:

Chileee and don’t forget the BBL. That BBL fawked her up. And it’s still there, I can see it, especially during ray of light and I guess the people that say she removed it are the ones that also said that it was a fake buttpad for dramatic effect during her madame x tour. 

Ok i will adress the BUTT once and for all. I didn't intend to talk about it because the tour is absolutely amazing (One of the best for me) but since the butt matter pops up again and again i will explain and i hope it's helpful for anyone who intend to talk about it again during the tour :

- Butt implants have been removed since bacterial infection. It's obvious as we've seen her on many occasion with her natural size butt since then. 

- Opening night of Celebration tour : Full show with her natural butt BUT black panties with big padding for the final "Bitch i'm Madonna" (fits the musical genre and fits the Minaj imagery). 

- Second show (15th) : Black panties with padding now during many numbers. Difference Pretty visible with the black Gaultier bustier which now can't be closed properly at the bottom. Also very visible (you could see the shape of the padding) with the red babydoll nightdress. 

-3rd show (Yesterday night the 17th) : Padding panties with the black Gaultier bustier but not with the red nightdress from the few videos i've seen. She probably noticed it was too visible with that outfil and she is right.

So, we now know she has a padding panties and she wears it for the final and also now for some songs of the show. Depends from night to night. Compare the videos and pics of the opening night with the following nights and you'll easily see what i've explained.

Case closed ?

Back to amazing Celebration Tour !!!!

2 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Ok i will adress the BUTT once and for all. I didn't intend to talk about it because the tour is absolutely amazing (One of the best for me) but since the butt matter pops up again and again i will explain and i hope it's helpful for anyone who intend to talk about it again during the tour :

- Butt implants have been removed since bacterial infection. It's obvious as we've seen her on many occasion with her natural size butt since then. 

- Opening night of Celebration tour : Full show with her natural butt BUT black panties with big padding for the final "Bitch i'm Madonna" (fits the musical genre and fits the Minaj imagery). 

- Second show (15th) : Black panties with padding now during many numbers. Difference Pretty visible with the black Gaultier bustier which now can't be closed properly at the bottom. Also very visible (you could see the shape of the padding) with the red babydoll nightdress. 

-3rd show (Yesterday night the 17th) : Padding panties with the black Gaultier bustier but not with the red nightdress from the few videos i've seen. She probably it was too visible with that outfil and she is right.

So, we now know she has a padding panties and she wears it for the final and also now for some songs of the show. Depends from night to night. Compare the videos and pics of the opening night with the following nights and you'll easily see what i've explained.

Case closed ?

Back to amazing Celebration Tour !!!!

THIS

12 hours ago, McDonna said:

I have no idea what you are talking about, but this isnt' about me . You're just causing unnecessary drama as usual.  Goodnight!  BLOCKED!!

I got the moves baby, you got the motion

If we got together we'd be causing a commotion

winnie-the-pooh-ariel.gif

11 hours ago, SecretProject said:

who covered it?

11 hours ago, Winn said:

People need to stop complaining about the setlist  and start complaining about the lack of newly shot video backdrops. Where's the Paradise Not For Me and Future Lovers of this tour?? Instead we get recycled Beast Within. Argh.

Some of the backdrops are great but some performances could have been elevated if they had any. I think it’s a sign of which songs were late or more spontaneous additions.

11 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Are we starting this narrative again? It was advertised as a greatest hits tour. She’s dared to do her greatest hits in the announcement video and the video description says she’s doing the greatest hits. Couldn’t be more crystal clear lol

It was KINDA but not certainly advertised as such. It was mostly promoted as a career celebration. I do agree however, that this tpur is quite low on the hits (not that I mind though. Most of her hits are overplayed/performed).

11 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I know no one is ready for this conversation, but the MDNA Tour is her crowning achievement in live performance.

If only it didn’t have such a terrible setlist and flat-ass tour arrangements. That tour needed better song picks. 

Hung Up, Human Nature, Vogue, Like A Prayer & Candy Shop were all part of the previous tour. She even performed three of those in the same section AGAIN. 

At least 3 of them weren’t as integral to the show. They could have been replaced by other songs.

11 hours ago, gst6662000 said:

why no one mentions LIKE A PRAYER is using the CLUB MIX of the REMIXED PAYERS EP?

MY FAVORITE VERSION! I was so thrilled to hear it and not that damn Dance Mix again.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Compact cameras are definitely allowed - I took one, and I've taken one to every O2 gig I've ever been to (LOADS!) without issue. It's only professional cameras/DSLRS that they'd have a problem with.

9 hours ago, Andymad said:

Just curious from anybody who’s been the the show, I can’t tell from recordings but does Rain include beautiful harmonies or is it just the backup singers singing the melody w her. Also don’t come for me but that drum beat into the bridge with no bridge is a cock tease LOL.

That drum beat at the end would have been perfect to slip a chorus of frozen in then, 2 for the price of 1 😂

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic