The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

32 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Rain" is the perfect smooth calm moment after all the "Bedtime Story" and "Ray Of Light" rave euphoria (I wouldn't change it for "Frozen" AT ALL. Actually I'd even find "Frozen" weird in that spot).

God this tour is almost perfect, isn't it.

Same, Rain needs its moment on this tour. I can't wait to see it live in March. :heart:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

"Rain" is the perfect smooth calm moment after all the "Bedtime Story" and "Ray Of Light" rave euphoria (I wouldn't change it for "Frozen" AT ALL. Actually I'd even find "Frozen" weird in that spot).

God this tour is almost perfect, isn't it.

Totally agree.  Of course, some of us want what we can't have.  I'd probably just ask her to add Causing a Commotion to the set list, and I would be in heaven.

madonna-music-video.gif

13 hours ago, lap said:

I read somewhere in this topic, she cut Music and Four MInutes due to her health problems. I hope she incorporates those songs in the American Leg. 

And I agree with some other commentaries here: she should switch Rain for Frozen and vice-versa in some dates. Both songs are classic hit and amazing. 

And the last thing: The Tour Book for sale. 

Yeah but it was from the sound of it a final edit, not like they were planning to change it later. There were different songs rehearsed and they change it after the hospital scare to be more relaxed for her. Frozen, Power of Goodbye and Take a Bow were replaced by Rain because the meaning of the songs are less optimistic and celebratory. I would love Frozen but Rains makes sense at that stage of the concert.

29 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Frozen, Power of Goodbye and Take a Bow were replaced by Rain because the meaning of the songs are less optimistic and celebratory. I would love Frozen but Rains makes sense at that stage of the concert.

Never really realized but most Madonna ballads aren't that optimistic, I think the only other viable option for Rain would be I'll Remember, but even though it's very optimistic it would probably be too nostalgic, and noone would know the song

19 hours ago, Kieran said:

Rain is the song for this tour - and for that particular moment in the show.

Bedtime Story is M transitioning away from the Erotica era. Ray of Light is her reawakening, her light, her children… and then in Rain she sings about the overflowing love that this stage of her life gave her. Love coming down like rain. Full circle. Frozen would completely change the message of that section of the show - and it’s been performed loads already. 

I absolutely agree with you, it starts with NRM and then in Rain the love comes pouring, perfect. I only really really wanted the bridge and the coda "wait for you to call my name" that would be such a good transition to the encore, with an interlude of fans through the years shouting her name interspursed with key melodies or phrases from hit songs to amp the mood for BIM

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

So according to this all american dates are not sold out? Wtf is wrong with them lol... Buy tickets people, it's amazing...

https://www.madonna.com/tour

Do you guys think she will sell out any american date? 

Not worried.  Once the U.S. shows begin, more and more people will flock to them. 

I think it’s due to the whole rescheduling that happened. Read that a good chunk of fans had already booked hotels etc and weren’t always able to get a refund. So they already made the effort to see her live last summer and in some cases “lost” quite a lot of money. A lot of shows now take place on weekdays and it’s simply not possible for all of M’s fans to travel to attend a show during a work week. The dynamic pricing system has also gotten so out of hand in the US…I’m sure it doesn’t help selling tickets. Can’t believe how expensive a golden circle spot in the US is…We paid roughly 300 € in Germany to secure a ticket for the section. The same ticket category currently sells for 2237 dollars in the US. That’s 2073 € for one ticket…

10 minutes ago, karlafalves said:

Can't access :stare:

I owe one Ms Madonna Louise Ciccone a big apology. I had dismissed her and declared her irrelevant. A traitor even. And I was wrong. So wrong.

Here is the full read https://uk.news.yahoo.com/forgive-doubting-madonna-still-sister-200000381.html

At a time when LGBTQ rights are under threat globally, and as US groups supporting those rights issue unprecedented alerts warning of rising assaults, both legislative and physical, Madonna has produced a concert that not only embraces and reassures the gay and trans community, but introduces audiences to the world as she sees it. And it is a remarkable place indeed; a moving, pulsating spectrum of humanity in all its glorious otherness.

Madonna’s ‘Celebration Tour’ is her most radical LGBTQ statement in decades

Full story here https://uk.news.yahoo.com/opinion-madonna-celebration-tour-her-200853066.html

25 minutes ago, Dom said:

I think it’s due to the whole rescheduling that happened. Read that a good chunk of fans had already booked hotels etc and weren’t always able to get a refund. So they already made the effort to see her live last summer and in some cases “lost” quite a lot of money. A lot of shows now take place on weekdays and it’s simply not possible for all of M’s fans to travel to attend a show during a work week. The dynamic pricing system has also gotten so out of hand in the US…I’m sure it doesn’t help selling tickets. Can’t believe how expensive a golden circle spot in the US is…We paid roughly 300 € in Germany to secure a ticket for the section. The same ticket category currently sells for 2237 dollars in the US. That’s 2073 € for one ticket…

Exactly this. A lot of people opted for refunds as a weekday concert in the middle of winter is not as good as a weekend in July. Plus I think a few people are wait and see. Her lateness and cancellations on Madame X also soured a lot of people seeing her. I know a lot of casual fans who will not be seeing her again after the Madame X debacle. I personally lost a lot of money with the cancellations, not on tickets, but on visas, airfares (though refundable, do have a fee) so when the concerts were rescheduled I have ended up going to less.

Still an absolutely amazing show, which deserves to be sold out every night and see by everyone.

11 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

At a time when LGBTQ rights are under threat globally, and as US groups supporting those rights issue unprecedented alerts warning of rising assaults, both legislative and physical, Madonna has produced a concert that not only embraces and reassures the gay and trans community, but introduces audiences to the world as she sees it. And it is a remarkable place indeed; a moving, pulsating spectrum of humanity in all its glorious otherness.

Madonna’s ‘Celebration Tour’ is her most radical LGBTQ statement in decades

Full story here https://uk.news.yahoo.com/opinion-madonna-celebration-tour-her-200853066.html

thanks so much for this @Burning Up 4 Madonna ....

we fight , we fight and we fight.... some fucker arrive.... and we need to start again.... fight fight and fight ..... sometimes is horrible but this will make us stronger.... fuck the haters....

51 minutes ago, xavier said:

Fantastic review/read. Even touches on M’s appearance (surgery) in a wonderful unexpected way. 👍

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/forgive-me-for-doubting-madonna-sister-in-arms/

Its here in the Sports section, probably because of the boxing :kitty:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/forgive-doubting-madonna-still-sister-200000381.html

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic