The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

It's true. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that the VAST MAJORITY consider this ending inappropriate because it is so simple for such an impressive show. And something that surprises me is that Madonna, knowing all those opinions, has not decided to alter or improve that part of the show when on other past tours she has been receptive to change.

Anyway, I think it's too late to wait for any modification since the tour is about to end but as compensation for this very simple ending I hope that the end of the next tour is impressive and manages to surpass the Mdna Tour that it is until now, for me the best ending of all her tours.

I don't think it's "bad" just confusing in terms of structure. If there was more of a traditional encore (with a gap and audience cheering) it might work better. But the LAV/Billie Jean bit feels like the start of a new act to the show and the rather short performance of BIM and the very short bit of Celebration just doesn't quite work even though it looks great. I think another minute  of Celebration and more of a visual conclusion to the biographical story of the show would work better. And more of a direct connection with the audience. As Vincent Patterson said in the interview someone posted earlier in the thread, it lacks an "exclamation point" at the end. It's such a great show overall that it feels a bit rough and rushed in comparison.

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

It's interesting that people have said this, because I never got that sense at any of the 4 shows I attended.

Me neither. I literally pranced out of the place singing “Madonna! Madonna!” beyond thrilled and completely satisfied 

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The ending isn’t simple at all, it’s fun it’s energetic it’s happening in every part of the stage, when you see it live you’ll get it 

Exactly. I loved it!

And then she does that little victory dance on top of the cake. It’s so fabulous.

Truth is we just did not want the show to end. 

I like how anticlimatic it is because it's like a "to be continued" rather than going out with a bang like a farewell. It's more like this is where we are for now, all these mini mes from the past are still me and i'm still here so i'll be back but bye for now.

After having seen the show live, the ending was perfect. Not that I wouldn't have loved a medley of a few more big songs there, but while I thought it would be a bit anti-climatic, it actually flowed perfectly in the context of the whole show...and got a massive response out the audience. (And it was loud as FUCK. :Madonna024: I LOVED it.)

2 hours ago, litemakr said:

And more of a direct connection with the audience. As Vincent Patterson said in the interview someone posted earlier in the thread, it lacks an "exclamation point" at the end. It's such a great show overall that it feels a bit rough and rushed in comparison.

Can someone possibly link to this post? What interview...?

The only “problem” with the ending is the previous interlude. It doesn't create any tension for the big finale. I really wish she would do Like a Virgin like she did on the Rebel Heart Tour (without the manic dancing), just her and the audience feeding each other off, before Bitch I'm Madonna, instead of that interlude. That's the only disappointment of this tour, IMO.

The I Don't Search, I Find interlude would work better before the finale too. 

2 hours ago, DiegoLCL said:

The only “problem” with the ending is the previous interlude. It doesn't create any tension for the big finale. I really wish she would do Like a Virgin like she did on the Rebel Heart Tour (without the manic dancing), just her and the audience feeding each other off, before Bitch I'm Madonna, instead of that interlude. That's the only disappointment of this tour, IMO.

Totally agree. After the 'No fear' outro she could have come down off the cake as current Madonna like the MTV awards in the BIM outfit, poking fun at herself. Billie Jean could have been included in the middle, similar to TVT performance but with MJ's voice/image mixed in like a duet. Or one of the dancers performing as MJ. And then follow that up with all the Madonna's coming out for BIM.

8 hours ago, DiegoLCL said:

The final act is where it derailed for my friend and bf who aren’t huge M fans. They feel it could have had more bops near the end as they were kind of yawning and felt it was a bit drawn out. Then of course the finale was big so they liked that. 

12 hours ago, litemakr said:

I don't think it's "bad" just confusing in terms of structure. If there was more of a traditional encore (with a gap and audience cheering) it might work better. But the LAV/Billie Jean bit feels like the start of a new act to the show and the rather short performance of BIM and the very short bit of Celebration just doesn't quite work even though it looks great. I think another minute  of Celebration and more of a visual conclusion to the biographical story of the show would work better. And more of a direct connection with the audience. As Vincent Patterson said in the interview someone posted earlier in the thread, it lacks an "exclamation point" at the end. It's such a great show overall that it feels a bit rough and rushed in comparison.

I adore this tour. I've been to four shows, and each time, I appreciated it more.

But the finale just doesn't do it for me. I haven't enjoyed it once, not live and not on YouTube. The concept of all the dancers donning Madonna's iconic costumes is great for a "celebration". The problem is the performance falls flat both musically and visually: the transition from BIM to Celebration is jarring, like something out of a holiday resort show. She could have opted for a longer break and started Celebration/Music from the beginning rather than midway through the song, in a way that feels less thrown together. It feels like an afterthought, akin to a holiday resort show or a mid to low-tier TV show farewell to a guest, looks like it wasn't Madonna's idea but a unexpected decision by the TV show directors. Looks uninspired.

Madonna's outfits and the choreography also miss the mark.

I wasn't a fan of the LAV/BJ interlude either. It seems like it's setting up a new section, but it's a weak start that fails to build tension—it's a filler interlude that seems to say "he's the king and I'm the queen" with a rather poor mashup, without blending the songs well. Could she not have mixed LAV and Billie Jean like she did in the Virgin Tour?

So, I'm really not a fan of the entire end of the concert. It's a conceptual show where everything is so well thought out, but the finale feels randomly tacked on and doesn't provide a conceptually original conclusion to her "narrative".

If she had just performed Celebration in full, with the same choreography and energy as her performance at Pride, maybe with some fresher visual ideas (even just playing with the costumes a bit), it would have been an improvement. Everyone I've seen the concert with felt the same way. My ex boyfriend in SF, who listens to her because I'm a fan but isn't as big a fan himself, was actually quite bored and yawning through it.

I think it's the worst ending in her career

On 3/19/2024 at 7:52 PM, stefo said:

@Voguerista this one :cute:

Super interesting feedback by Voncent Paterson's experience of the Celebration Tour, I loved the enthsiasm, his honesty and some of the critics. Of course I think he goes a little too far when he connects the whole show to his work for the BAT, showing he did maybe not follow her work for many of the years after their collab with attention (wich is absolutely fine, just many of her references in the show were connected to other stuff of her career). Very nice to watch anyway, this man is such a genious :heart:

Other great vids from Phoenix

Lovesss! Thank you!!!💝💝💝💝💃💃🦮🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼🎸🎸🌹🌹🌹

59 minutes ago, stefo said:

Great close ups,  WRONG SONG!! :lol:

But the title says "Take A Bow"?  How is it the wrong song or are you joking as you prefer it to be a previous song she sung in this section such as "Rain"?