The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

9 hours ago, McDonna said:

Maybe, but I think Frozen was replaced with Rain intentionally. It would be a bit of a bummer if she did replace Rain with Frozen, being Rain has only been performed on one tour while Frozen was on a handful of tours.

I will forever 'believe' that I was responsible for Rain being included on the setlist:

Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-11-07 à(s) 08.30.20_c7739e35.jpg

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

I see there's a discussion going on here about the opening and the stage entrance, so i feel like sharing my view on the matter cause i have a very precise one actually ;

When you are Madonna, with her unique charisma and stage presence, the most brilliant and efficient stage entrance you can make is the simpliest one. The DWT stage entrance has been my favorite one for year. Just a little smoke, and Madonna, just HER, walking slowly and appearing through the smoke, her voice. Nothing more, nothing more needed. Now my fav tour opener is the Celebration tour one. First the intro by BOB is absolutely genius, it's catchy, tongue in cheek, funny, modern and timeless. Then SHE appears, in that stunning circle of light, singing a timeless classic deep cut of her discography. This is brilliant. I hate those tacky entrance a la Rebel Heart tour or MDNA tour, ewwww, leave that to girls who have zero charisma to fill the lack of stage presence. Any tacky oversize accessories for her stage entrance is an insult to her stage presence. 

The staging of NRM is exceptional. The backdrop, the lighting and that ring of light above her is breathtaking. While her performance is minimal and it is just her on stage there is something truly epic about it production wise. And she is presented like some kind of ethereal goddess. But as you say, without tacky gimmicks. It’s one of her best concert openers ever.

25 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Muito obrigado Cara gostoso!!!

Truth or dare, truth or dare, cuate? M version or OV by Blaya? In case you don't know the latter, here it is:

To my opinion, M and Mirwaïs really evolved this. Fun fact: Ms Karla Rodrigues aka Blaya's actually Brazilian (born in Fortaleza), but she moved to Portugal when she was just a lil kid with her family.

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

Truth or dare, truth or dare, cuate? M version or OV by Blaya? In case you don't know the latter, here it is:
To my opinion, M and Mirwaïs really evolved this. Fun fact: Ms Karla Rodrigues aka Blaya's actually Brazilian (born in Fortaleza), but she moved to Portugal when she was just a lil kid with her family.

I like better M&M’s version, did know the existence of the other, I would fancy a dare though babe 😉

35 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I bet the "2004 lyrics" to Into the Hollywood Groove chorus are the original ones she wrote back in 1983 for ITG demo when she was thinking of giving it to that Mark Kamins chick (fortunately she changed her idea, and rest is history...)

Nah. Those lyrics sound like they were written by somebody about to read the Zohar before feeding the chickens .

5 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, why in hell she'd include 'em to a very personal memorabilia of her 80's work? Is she actually missing the Lady of the Manor and the duck hunting with Scotch tape????

I think it’s because she doesn’t like the original lyrics . Remember she called the song retarded in an interview once?

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think it’s because she doesn’t like the original lyrics . Remember she called the song retarded in an interview once?

????? And the new lyrics are "less retarted" to her in which sense specificly????

EDIT: imho the new lyrics totally SCREAM to me something she'd write to some Mark Kamins' protégée chick. Ur opinion, my favourite youtuber ever?

I've grown accostumed to the opening, but if it were to be changed I'd just make it a little bit longer and more dramatic. DWT works because she takes forever to come up, there's smoke everywhere, an atmospheric backdrop and lighting and we actually see her for a few seconds before she starts singing. On NRM she just pops out of nowhere and the audience hears her before seeing her properly, it does lack a momentum.

The ending would be just fine if they spent a little money on confetti and a better lighting show, make the arena understand that THIS IS IT.

2 hours ago, rodrigochecchia said:

I will forever 'believe' that I was responsible for Rain being included on the setlist:

Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-11-07 à(s) 08.30.20_c7739e35.jpg

Well, if there is any truth to it, I thank you!  :luv:  I prefer Rain.  No disrespect to Frozen, but we've already heard a number of times and I'm betting if she did incorporate Frozen this time, it would have included the Sickick mix.  We know how fans feel about that.  LOL!

Rain is perfect.  And being the show is to showcase her 40 year career, I think the images from Frozen are intentional just like the many other visuals and costumes throughout the show. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic