The (lack of) tour book

Prayer

56 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Has it been officially confirmed there isn’t one? I’m confused. I thought someone asked employees at the pop up on opening night and they said it would be coming later?

No. There’s no official confirmation. Especially since there’s gonna be one for sure. I’m pretty sure it’s delayed because a lot of last minute changes to the dates and setlist

I normally buy a program/tour book (as otcoam posts above, they are synonymous and refer to the same thing in common sense AFAIK).

But when I arrived at the Manchester Arena for her Rebel Heart Tour 2015, I found it too expensive in the first place, way more pricey than M’s other tours (I don’t remember how much to be exact, though — does anybody remember?). And I was so gutted by the late start/truncated show I boycotted the purchase, eventually.

FTR the program for the Madame X show was reasonably priced so I bought one (again, I don’t remember the price, 15-20 quid? It was definitely cheaper than the RHT one) — although I was treated to the abridged show once again!

It would be nice for her to release a tour book. I am very certain she will. She did delay the release for her book for the MXT. 

She's released tour programs for every tour of hers. It may take a while. I can also see her possibly releasing a coffee table book instead of a tour book or in addition to one because we're talking about 40 years. She would have a lot to include in a book, so maybe she'll release a coffee table book or both!

As I posted on the Merch Pics thread (p.2), a number of major artists who used to have a program/tour book on every previous tour have stopped producing it for their latest tours. There may be an “ecological concern” behind this trend like ticket going paperless on smartphone. Team Madonna may be following the trend, too.

Edited by Anonna (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Anonna said:

There may be an “ecological concern” behind this trend like ticket going paperless on smartphone. Team Madonna may be following the trend, too.

not sure if that makes sense, they are still producing a shit ton of plastic and fast fashion for the tour merchandise.

Tickets are paperless because they are only used once, to enter the show...

21 minutes ago, Anonna said:

As I posted on the Merch Pics thread (p.2), a number of major artists who used to have a program/tour book on every previous tour have stopped producing it for their latest tours. There may be an “ecological concern” behind this trend like ticket going paperless on smartphone. Team Madonna may be following the trend, too.

This is so stupid considering the value of a tour book at collectors' market. Kinda the same bullshit behind Lorde's (argh) decision to not release Solar Power in CD format. Not that her music (and this music of hers in special) would be deserving to be immortalized on some compact disc anyway...

EDIT: however I do respect Lorde's decision and reason to keep being away from socials, really valid and worth of being followed suit.

Maybe they want to make a tourbook with photos from the tour and release it when the tour is finished, just because to make a tourbook with iconic vintage photos is something that already exist. She posted a photo by Mertalas that can be perfectly for the tourbook…

23B88DE8-3A6A-4F27-AE1C-374D6910CFA5.jpeg

Edited by rebelbrain (see edit history)

On 10/19/2023 at 5:56 PM, Anonna said:

Beyoncé had one and it was pretty massive.