Bye, Bye Glastonbury Festival

proxy

12 hours ago, DickTracy said:

Re: I don't want to be around non-fans.

I saw Janet at a festival in 2019 and it was a dream, so fun and great energy from the crowd who were there for the many other acts besides JJ. I got to walk basically to front of stage, I could've thrown my phone at her face like an asshole because I was so close, which is unthinkable at an arena show/concert for many fans. There are perks for certain "non-wealthy" fans to go to a show like this vs. the golden triangle or whatever the fuck that thing is with the rich gays.

Wasn’t there a mass exodus when Janet started lip syncing?

On 11/5/2023 at 9:51 PM, artlover said:

Is Madonna underground now?

Madonna is about the most over ground pop star on the planet. 

She is known, quite rightly, as The Queen Of Pop.

This issue in this thread is one or two have their heads firmly stuck up their own backsides.

Madonna is not, and has never been, a niche, an exclusive, or a underground artist but certain (toxic) parts of her fandom seem to think that they are elite when they are quite the opposite.

one of the main reasons that Madonna is one of the worlds most successful female artists of all time is that she appeals to everybody.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Daily Mail reporting she asks for too much (as she should) so it's a no:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12871735/Glastonbury-madonna-talks-collapse-fee-material-girl-festival.html

I mean, if they want her then have to they pay her, simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Madonna tickets cost more than a Glastonbury ticket so I can see how this wouldn’t work out

Well, so there's hope she skips Rock in Rio too and does a one-week residency at Jeunesse Arena instead. Smart girl!

P.S.: Sorry my cuate @Pedro Beltranand my ragazzo @Fabiolousbut I really need you get wrong in the end about her doing THAT festival.

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

Daily Mail reporting she asks for too much (as she should) so it's a no:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12871735/Glastonbury-madonna-talks-collapse-fee-material-girl-festival.html

I mean, if they want her then have to they pay her, simple as that.

God forbid she do it just for the experience or clout...

And I doubt that Coachella paid her a crazy fee back in 2006.

Anyway, stop believing everything you read.

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

She was on top of the world again in 2006 with "Hung Up" and the Confessions album, so the Coachella fee surely was high.

It's Madonna. Her name is good reputation for all those festivals, why should she do it just "for the experience"?

Tabloids are tabloids but, as @Anapausissaid, in the last 5-6 years they always have the exclusives and right info about shows, tours, etc. PR agencies use them to advance info.

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

Mmm but remember Coachella was a bare bones performance on a small stage. The Celebration show will be expensive to stage at Glastonbury so that is probably more to do with it then her own personal asking fee.

I agree though she should do it anyway because it will do huge things for her reputation.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Mmm but remember Coachella was a bare bones performance on a small stage. The Celebration show will be expensive to stage at Glastonbury so that is probably more to do with it then her own personal asking fee.

I agree though she should do it anyway because it will do huge things for her reputation.

There are performers who would come before her that she'd be sharing that stage with, so it'd have to be scaled back.

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

She was on top of the world again in 2006 with "Hung Up" and the Confessions album, so the Coachella fee surely was high.

Don't be so sure. It came after American Life when she really needed it and the positive association that it brings.

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's Madonna. Her name is good reputation for all those festivals, why should she do it just "for the experience"?

Because she's done everything else and it's the one stage she's yet to 'conquer', and it's seen as a very cool thing to do.

Anyway, whatever! I'd almost prefer to see P!nk or the Spice Girls take the headlining spot instead.

On 11/7/2023 at 2:35 AM, DickTracy said:

There are perks for certain "non-wealthy" fans to go to a show like this vs. the golden triangle or whatever the fuck that thing is with the rich gays.

Lol l always though the same but never seen it mentioned.

Mostly good to have the fanatic bullies for the front row corralled into a separate pit area

Yeah Glasto is not a money making experience for someone of Madonnas stature. It's a right of passage for legends and something to garner good will and reignite favour with the locals. 

Sadly I don't think modern day Madonna would thrive in an environment that isn't exactly how she wants it. They cut of Lana Del Rey last year and Janet's UK hits at the end of her set got cut because of the soundcheck so they'd do it to Madonna too. No one is bigger than the festival. I want Cher in the Legends slot this year...well maybe not this year because I aint got a ticket but soon.