New Ariana Grande Single "yes, and?" Will Heavily Sample "Vogue"

Fabiolous

6 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I'd say she was inspired by Fosse, with so many dancers on stage. The video for Cold Hearted was directly inspired by this number

Totally see it, and then we can see where FLASHDANCE was inspired.  It just shows every song, video, film, etc. seems to have an inspiration point. I'm surre the Bob Fosse "Take Of With Us" could be tracked back further to another influence.

1 hour ago, Scottyx said:

I am tryingto hear vogue in it. And wouldn't it be shep pettibonrle ripped off? I mean Madonna didn't record the instruments lol

You won't hear anything from Vogue because there is no Vogue in it. It just sounds like a track from the 90's and there's a piano intro that reminds the piano breakdown from Vogue, that's all. Nothing more, no sample. 

1 minute ago, Redha DBL said:

You won't hear anything from Vogue because there is no Vogue in it. It just sounds like a track from the 90's and there's a piano intro that reminds the piano breakdown from Vogue, that's all. Nothing more, no sample. 

i am glad you made it through my typos lol

Well its all over the web in music news that it samples vogue or somethin of the like

4 hours ago, Askeroff said:

not reductive

just love and respect 

LOL to Paula screaming loudly from her socials how Ariana has "payed homage" to her music video.  She's right, but here we are talking about it still having anything to do with Vogue which it doesn't.  :smuglaugh:

On 1/12/2024 at 3:06 PM, steady75 said:

This is bangin. 
Mel & Kim Respectable

Deeper & Deeper - Sheps Deep Makeover Mix with the descending drum fills. Classic 90’s.

The Vogue beat with those lush thick snares. 

The Sasoul Orchetsra ooh I Love It bass. 

Janet & Luther Best Things In Life Are Free

That gorgeous clean fresh early 90’s sound with all the good chords. 

Uplifting and fun. Something that’s been missing a while imo. 

:thumbsup:exactly. What a song. Really catchy and fresh. I loooove it :hearteyes:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic