GAY TRAVEL WARNING in USA

This does not apply to the entire US whatsoever. Biden and his administration have zero to do with these anti-LGBT laws, but the legislators in those states do have that power. And most of these laws have been admonished anyways because they are unconstitutional, especially the drag bans. More drag bans have been destroyed at the State Supreme Courts than they ever had power to begin with. It's all a nasty hateful rhetoric that Trump and his shitty ass administration (or lack there of) gave fuel to these assclowns to act in this way. I'd say avoid the Southern US like the plague, including Texas and Florida. 

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Those who are traveling to the USA for the celebration tour, BE CAUTIOUS! Do NOT show signs of being gay while there. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66654134.amp

I live in Florida and nobody gives a rat ass about us being gay or not as long you don't bother other people. And there is no such thing as the notion of LBGTQ+ people being hunted as you implying. Have you ever been in FL or Miami? They are gay as fuck. As long as I'm concerned, they live their lives to the fullest. (including me and my friends). Stop it already being fear-mongering!

6 hours ago, Chrato74 said:

I live in Florida and nobody gives a rat ass about us being gay or not as long you don't bother other people. And there is no such thing as the notion of LBGTQ+ people being hunted as you implying. Have you ever been in FL or Miami? They are gay as fuck. As long as I'm concerned, they live their lives to the fullest. (including me and my friends). Stop it already being fear-mongering!

"Where people come to die !"
I heard it everywhere in Florida.

The article

'Canada has issued a new travel warning to its LGBT citizens planning to visit the United States.

Anti-LGBT protests in the US rose 30-fold last year compared with 2017, while legal moves to restrict LGBT rights are on the rise.

Global Affairs Canada warned that some state laws may affect them on their travels, but did not specify where.

Such warnings are usually reserved for countries such as Uganda, Russia or Egypt.

"Some states have enacted laws and policies that may affect 2SLGBTQI+ persons. Check relevant state and local laws," reads its US travel advice page.

The term 2SLGBTQI+ is widely used in Canada for people who consider themselves two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning or intersex.

A spokesperson for Global Affairs Canada pointed to US laws targeting the transgender community.

"Since the beginning of 2023, certain states in the US have passed laws banning drag shows and restricting the transgender community from access to gender-affirming care and from participation in sporting events," they told CBC News.

In March, Tennessee's governor signed laws banning drag performances in front of children and restricting medical treatment for transgender youth.

Two months later, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed bills banning children from undergoing transgender medical treatments or going to drag shows, and restricting pronoun use in classrooms.

Hundreds of similar regulations on LGBT issues have been proposed in conservative-run states across the US.

The Human Rights Campaign, the LGBT community's largest advocacy group in the US, said in June that LGBT Americans were facing a state of emergency as states continue targeting them with legislation.

On Monday, a mural in Florida dedicated to Belfast-born journalist Lyra McKee, who was shot dead in 2019, was defaced with a swastika and anti-LGBT graffiti.

Asked why the guidance had been updated, Canadian Deputy PM Chrystia Freeland told reporters in Atlantic Canada that the government employed experts "to look carefully around the world and to monitor whether there are particular dangers to particular groups of Canadians".

She declined to comment when asked whether there had been discussions with the US government before making the change.'

just two things I want to say.....

The article is from August 2023, so nearly 6 months out of date

The travel advice page for the US was updated yesterday (14th january 2024) advising to Take normal security precautions in the United States

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-states?_ga=2.243646471.306094920.1693364889-183116317.1693364889

please don't spread misinformation on the internet

On 1/15/2024 at 9:33 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The term 2SLGBTQI+ is widely used in Canada for people who consider themselves two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning or intersex.

Wait, we're now called the 2SLGBTQI+ community? This is starting to look like a password to a website login now

3 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Wait, we're now called the 2SLGBTQI+ community? This is starting to look like a password to a website login now

2S or “Two-Spirit” is a term used within some Indigenous communities, encompassing cultural, spiritual, sexual and gender identity. The term reflects complex Indigenous understandings of gender roles, spirituality, and the long history of sexual and gender diversity in Indigenous cultures.

9 hours ago, dankpepe said:

5 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

2S or “Two-Spirit” is a term used within some Indigenous communities, encompassing cultural, spiritual, sexual and gender identity. The term reflects complex Indigenous understandings of gender roles, spirituality, and the long history of sexual and gender diversity in Indigenous cultures.

Ok ok but where's the "A" word as in "asexuals" and "abstemious" like... ME? We're not part of the community anymore just because we have chosen to not make sex to other people?? #ThisIsWhatICallPrejudice WE DEMAND TO BE PART OF THE ACRONYM AGAIN!!! WE WERE ALREADY THE LAST LETTER OF ACRONYM (before the "plus")! WE DEMAND BACK OUR RECOGNITION!!

#2SLGBTQIA+ #TheresNo2SLGBTQIA+WithoutTheA #WeAreAColourOfTheRainbowToo

10 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

anything that isn't gay, bi, lesbian, trans or 2 spirt will fall under the +

not my intention to offend or upset anyone here

So why gay, bi, lesbian, trans or 2 spirit don't fall under the plus too?

Are you more part of community than me?

I got it. First bullied by the straight people, then...