Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

8 minutes ago, FraP said:

Yesterday I asked a friend of mine who works as a cameraman for live TV shows in Germany how much delay is typical in live broadcasts. He responded that in television shows (talk shows), it can be a few seconds, in sports events up to 30 seconds, and in concerts 10 seconds to a minute, at least in the only three occasions he has worked on concerts. Occasionally, there might be a two-minute delay for specific needs, but he has never experienced a delay of 10 minutes. He mentioned that in such cases, they simply record and broadcast it later, hours or days afterward.

I also read on Instagram that the 12-minute delay was a specific request made by Madonna's team to Globo, not a common request.

Indeed, Madonna's team wanted to make various changes, including the choice of shots. If you notice, during "In This Life," it's all dark, but a couple of men kissing is shown, clearly footage from an earlier moment in the show (as confirmed by the guys themselves). I saw a post about it. It was decided that at that moment they would show a scene of a gay kiss, precisely because it was meant to add meaning to the performance. Madonna's team, in addition to synchronizing various audio tracks to make changes to the audio, had to do editing by choosing the right shots, not just selecting which cameras to show live.

The choice made for "In This Life/Live to Tell" is beautiful, and I'm glad they used this delay to work on a nice edit of the footage. Although, if I were to be overly critical, I might have preferred a more intimate kiss. But probably, it was the only one the cameramen captured from the beginning of the show.

Anyway, we're so happy about her glory and about her show. It's just that here we're on her fan forum, we already said we loved everything, now we're talking about something which made us sad.

But we're still happy about the show!

I'm just sorry for Madonna's image, really. In the mainstream audience, she already doesn't have a reputation for being someone who can sing or someone who sings live, and with such glaring errors, you'd almost think they did it on purpose or didn't have enough time to do such work decently.

Thanks for the info from your friend.

I don't know, I haven't seen any backlash about the audio anywhere, not even on X, which is usually the place with more hate towards her (and anyone else xd). Literally we're the only ones commenting that - good for her in any case.

I found the live editing quite simple to be honest, I even thought it couldn't be Madonna's team but Globo TV. It missed key moments, like someone who doesn't know the concert inside out trying to catch up with everything happening on stage.

That's why I'm not completely sure about the delay being for editing reasons. We should have had a final product much better if that was the case?

Don't get me wrong, I love it the way they presented it, it was refreshing to have a professional minimal edit of one of her shows after so many years.

Maybe they're saving the great editing for her release with the Mexico shows as base concert, and didn't want this one to be too perfect, so they can sell the other one later to Netflix or whatever platform interested.

Who knows!

Edit: gotta say the kissing in "In This Life", while a great message there, looked weird at first sight like "who the hell goes for a steamy kiss like that after a performance like "Live To Tell"?". Now I understand it didn't belong to that proper moment, makes sense.

Yes I haven’t seen many comments about that. The main thing the haters are saying is constantly repeating that it was a free show and so 1.6 million is not really an achievement. Or mentioning that Rod Stewart had more or that Tina had the most for a ticketed event by a woman.

“if Taylor or Beyonce did a free show they’d crush this” blah blah blah.

The funny thing is other artists HAVE done free shows and got nowhere near this many people. And Rod Stewart was a NYE event, not strictly a concert.

Some people never want to give Madonna credit.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s Madonna’s original voice pitched down to match the same key as Billie Jean

Someone commented in this forum it is actually the vocal of her studio version of "Like A Virgin" from The Confessions Tour and it certainly sounds like it.

At first I thought it was a different singer or her but pitched down.

11 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Exactly! ..in the fan recordings of holliday you actually HEAR her sing those wrong words. In the broadcast you hear the right words while her mouth and actual live vocals are not. She was not lipsyncing holliday. The bad edit just make it seem she was. 

There are so many misshots. The vogue jacket opening for example. 

On 5/6/2024 at 5:08 PM, Blue Jean said:

Oh God. So many party poopers have suddenly come into this thread.

Who cares if there was a backinrack! She slayed!

True! Omg, this is even better than the 13 min Super Bowl, she was on fire and nobody cared about her mic feed, sound delay, melodyne or autotune.

Please, can we enjoy this as it was? 5 years ago 'fans' here were complaining about not having a live broadcast like in the old times and now that we have it and the energy was amazing, the forum is suddenly full of bitter sound technicians and vocal coaches.

And nobody gives a f*ck if Don't tell me was out of sync or her team put melodyne on her voice on the second chorus.

30 pages with the same subject, gosh.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Thanks for the info from your friend.

I don't know, I haven't seen any backlash about the audio anywhere, not even on X, which is usually the place with more hate towards her (and anyone else xd). Literally we're the only ones commenting that - good for her in any case.

I found the live editing quite simple to be honest, I even thought it couldn't be Madonna's team but Globo TV. It missed key moments, like someone who doesn't know the concert inside out trying to catch up with everything happening on stage.

That's why I'm not completely sure about the delay being for editing reasons. We should have had a final product much better if that was the case?

Don't get me wrong, I love it the way they presented it, it was refreshing to have a professional minimal edit of one of her shows after so many years.

Maybe they're saving the great editing for her release with the Mexico shows as base concert, and didn't want this one to be too perfect, so they can sell the other one later to Netflix or whatever platform interested.

Who knows!

Edit: gotta say the kissing in "In This Life", while a great message there, looked weird at first sight like "who the hell goes for a steamy kiss like that after a performance like "Live To Tell"?". Now I understand it didn't belong to that proper moment, makes sense.

Yes, such an "erotic" kiss at a moment like that is almost cringe, at first sight it looked cringe to me too. I mean, in Madonna's narrative, all the dancers have just died; it's not exactly the time you'd expect two guys to be kissing like that. I would have expected a more intimate kiss, maybe just a peck. Madonna wanted to include it as a reference to the population most affected by AIDS, the LGBT community. The idea was good, but the couple chosen was a bit off.

Anyway, despite the audio, it's still better than RHT dvd 😆😆😆

22 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Madonna posted a bunch of new photos at her Instagram of her tour memories at the end. So beautiful! 💝💝💝

Thank you for sharing this.  Unfortunately, this will be overlooked for 20 more pages by the "sound technicians" nitpicking the broadcast.  Hopefully someone will post the pics here to add more appreciation to this broadcast.  :luv:

1 hour ago, WopaelWopael said:

There are so many misshots. The vogue jacket opening for example. 

Yeah, there are a few :thumbsup::cute: At the same time, this is part of its charm for me. Maybe it's because of the fact that I am one of those fans who grew up watching her live broadcsting from Torino, Barcellona or Sydney and, really, they messed up a lot of stuff there. One of the worst was in Torino 1987, at the beginning of Open your Heart, before she appears: the director goes on missing the two dancers performing and shoots basically nothing :lol: We're gonna have a much more refined work with the Mexico show and, who knows, they could also possibly change a few things for the next weekend rebroadcasting.

Said that, if this tour got me back to her, this show, live without effects and crazy editing from four, five different cities, finally gave me the real energy she is able to provide on record again :broken: I love her talent and accuracy, but I don't believe in perfection.

I gotta admit, there's a tinge of sadness wrapping up this tour.

The amazing thing is, I got to be there for both the opening night in London and the closing night in Rio. I lived through the start and end of this epic journey, which might just be her last big tour, although I really hope I'm dead wrong 🥺

During the first night in London, I was happy but couldn't fully vibe with the show even though it was a total surprise. It was a rough day for me, and even though I was physically there, all I could see were the flaws.

Realizing I needed to give it another shot, I decided to catch the show again, in Lisbon. Then, being in Italy at the end of November (I'm Italian), I couldn't miss Milan. With each stop, I became less critical and started to enjoy the show more and more.

Up until Milan, I liked the show more, but it hadn't quite stolen my heart. I even thought maybe I'd seen it one too many times. I had never seen a Madonna tour more than twice before.

Then comes the surprise: I hear from my ex who lives in San Francisco, and he tells me he's got an extra ticket for the Celebration Tour in SF and invites me to join him. After some thinking, I managed to find a great deal on flights and decided to go, making it my first visit to the wonderful California. San Francisco swept me off my feet and was a magical place that changed me in some ways.That night, I was on cloud nine before the show.

I wasn't sure how I'd experience the show, given it was the fourth time, but I ended up loving everything way more than before. And this time, I saw Madonna for the first time from the stands, but I was still really close because I was down below. I was moved; I never took out my phone and danced and sang my heart out!

Then I did something insane: I hopped on a flight to Rio, where I still am now, working remotely from here and keeping European hours (crazy), barely getting any sleep. I'm loving Rio, like mad. The people are fantastic.

But seeing this show in Copacabana was an absolutely mind-blowing way to wrap up my journey with Madonna. I cried, I was moved, I felt connected to everyone there: ladies in their 50s or 60s singing their hearts out, members of the Brazilian LGBTQ community, people of all sorts, but all united by a unique joy. And by the energy Madonna gave us, giving it her all in this show in front of 1.6 million people, with the sea right there, in an even more magical atmosphere than in stadiums, where I think Madonna has always delivered much more than in closed spaces. It's the same show, but I had a completely different experience from the others; it was incredible ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

And even now, I still feel a bit there in Copacabana, I haven't fully recovered from that emotional storm.

Sorry if I'm going on about the sound of the official recordings and especially the out-of-sync audience, but you can't imagine what I experienced in Copacabana, you have no idea what the crowd was like there. We all danced while watching her sing and move on stage, we were all part of the performance too. This needs to be remembered.

So I'm watching many times the TV recording searching for the emotions I lived through, but I can't find them completely. Sure, the recordings are incredible, but there are elements that make me think "the real show was something else". The thing I hate the most is that at some points, you can't hear the audience even though we were all singing along, the audience gets cut out almost abruptly. And the second thing I hate so much is hearing the audience out of sync (and seeing Madonna out of sync too, with audio that wasn't from Rio, but they couldn't adapt it in a way that seemed realistic). 🙉👎

The real show sounded almost like in stadiums: I could hear the voices of the entire audience, but I could also hear her live voice. It was incredible. 🌟🎶🌴

Sorry for this long message, I hope you all understand 🥺

3 hours ago, FraP said:

I gotta admit, there's a tinge of sadness wrapping up this tour.

The amazing thing is, I got to be there for both the opening night in London and the closing night in Rio. I lived through the start and end of this epic journey, which might just be her last big tour, although I really hope I'm dead wrong 🥺

During the first night in London, I was happy but couldn't fully vibe with the show even though it was a total surprise. It was a rough day for me, and even though I was physically there, all I could see were the flaws.

Realizing I needed to give it another shot, I decided to catch the show again, in Lisbon. Then, being in Italy at the end of November (I'm Italian), I couldn't miss Milan. With each stop, I became less critical and started to enjoy the show more and more.

Up until Milan, I liked the show more, but it hadn't quite stolen my heart. I even thought maybe I'd seen it one too many times. I had never seen a Madonna tour more than twice before.

Then comes the surprise: I hear from my ex who lives in San Francisco, and he tells me he's got an extra ticket for the Celebration Tour in SF and invites me to join him. After some thinking, I managed to find a great deal on flights and decided to go, making it my first visit to the wonderful California. San Francisco swept me off my feet and was a magical place that changed me in some ways.That night, I was on cloud nine before the show.

I wasn't sure how I'd experience the show, given it was the fourth time, but I ended up loving everything way more than before. And this time, I saw Madonna for the first time from the stands, but I was still really close because I was down below. I was moved; I never took out my phone and danced and sang my heart out!

Then I did something insane: I hopped on a flight to Rio, where I still am now, working remotely from here and keeping European hours (crazy), barely getting any sleep. I'm loving Rio, like mad. The people are fantastic.

But seeing this show in Copacabana was an absolutely mind-blowing way to wrap up my journey with Madonna. I cried, I was moved, I felt connected to everyone there: ladies in their 50s or 60s singing their hearts out, members of the Brazilian LGBTQ community, people of all sorts, but all united by a unique joy. And by the energy Madonna gave us, giving it her all in this show in front of 1.6 million people, with the sea right there, in an even more magical atmosphere than in stadiums, where I think Madonna has always delivered much more than in closed spaces. It's the same show, but I had a completely different experience from the others; it was incredible ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

And even now, I still feel a bit there in Copacabana, I haven't fully recovered from that emotional storm.

Sorry if I'm going on about the sound of the official recordings and especially the out-of-sync audience, but you can't imagine what I experienced in Copacabana, you have no idea what the crowd was like there. We all danced while watching her sing and move on stage, we were all part of the performance too. This needs to be remembered.

So I'm watching many times the TV recording searching for the emotions I lived through, but I can't find them completely. Sure, the recordings are incredible, but there are elements that make me think "the real show was something else". The thing I hate the most is that at some points, you can't hear the audience even though we were all singing along, the audience gets cut out almost abruptly. And the second thing I hate so much is hearing the audience out of sync (and seeing Madonna out of sync too, with audio that wasn't from Rio, but they couldn't adapt it in a way that seemed realistic). 🙉👎

The real show sounded almost like in stadiums: I could hear the voices of the entire audience, but I could also hear her live voice. It was incredible. 🌟🎶🌴

Sorry for this long message, I hope you all understand 🥺

What an amazing journey! Thank you for sharing.

Last night I watched the show for the very first time! Madonna was great and beautiful. The brazilian people were so fucking amazing!

The concert was incredible, a perfect mix moments of enjoy and emotionally.

In this show there a carrier and life of Madonna, but there are our lifes too.

Vogue is amazing, an important message of expression of liberty!

Live To Tell, Bad Girl and Rain very intensive.

Bob is the revelation of this tour.

Thanks Madonna ♥

4 hours ago, mirtillo said:

Last night I watched the show for the very first time! Madonna was great and beautiful. The brazilian people were so fucking amazing!

The concert was incredible, a perfect mix moments of enjoy and emotionally.

In this show there a carrier and life of Madonna, but there are our lifes too.

Vogue is amazing, an important message of expression of liberty!

Live To Tell, Bad Girl and Rain very intensive.

Bob is the revelation of this tour.

Thanks Madonna ♥

We are just Rafael Alencar's nation.

Expect no less from us brazucas!!!

And so glad I have just found this thread in a such much better light than when I left.. 

The Power of Madonna Christ, indeed.

Love should always feel like this

Heaven forgive me, never forbid me...

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic