Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Hmmm... I don't think I have a better quality version of the remix edit of Borderline aside from the It's That Girl Cassette rip I have.

If I am not mistaken, the 7" edit is an edit of the extended dance remix. We also know this as the video version. The 7" remix is the remix edit exclusive in some vinyl pressings and the "It's That Girl" cassette."

Anyone who is reading this, correct me if I'm wrong, okway? :D

As far as I know, the "It's That Girl" version is exclusive to that cassette. It’s not available in any other format. Anyway the edits/remixes/extended versions from the first album are not my strong point (except for "Burning Up").

8 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I checked another video claiming to be the It’s That Girl version and it’s the same.

The things people do for views. Annoying.

Maybe you can take a look somewhere in this forum   someone has share it's cassette rip

So you can hear the real version of borderline on It's That Girl

10 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I checked another video claiming to be the It’s That Girl version and it’s the same.

The things people do for views. Annoying.

Many people think that it is the regular 7’’ version. I thought the same until someone shared the cassette-rip. The same happens with She’s Breathless. People think that it contains edit versions but it only has album versions.

4 minutes ago, Joseebus said:

I just want the first album on Apple Music with the actual original album mixes on it. That's all I want! Lol.

agree , just put everything as it is either Albums or Single
it would be more respectful and more nostalgic for us

they can put unreleased as an addition, but don't messed up with the original  

4 hours ago, Rebel Hugo said:

Isn't the 7" Edit of "Lucky Star" the one that was used for the official music video? 

It is used on the original 1984 video, that is also on The Immaculate Collection VHS and Laser Disc.

The Immaculate Collection DVD has the remix video, that is also on the 1984 Madonna 4 video clips VHS.

The Celebration DVD does NOT use the original 7" Edit. It's a "bad" attempt to recreate the original 7" Edit, but the intro is different.

51 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Anywho, these are the versions of "Borderline" that I know of, which we also recounted several pages back in this same thread:

• album version 5:18
  • New mix a.k.a. US remix a.k.a extended remix  ~7:00
  • single version a.k.a. edit a.k.a radio version a.k.a remix (no cowbell, used in the video) ~4:00
  • Brazilian single version (an edit of the album version, but not exactly the same structure as the single version) also ~4:00
  • It's that Girl version (w/ cowbell & echo-y vocal and drum effects) also ~4:00
  • The Immaculate Collection version (same as single version, but with cowbell & Q-Sound effects, but no echo-y vocal and drum effects) also ~4:00
  • Celebration version a.k.a 7" version on streaming platforms (super similar to TIC version, but with some echo-y vocal and drum effects, but not exactly the same as the It's That Girl version) also ~4:00

Clear as mud?

The real 7" Remix by John "Jellybean" Benitez is the best version IMO. That's the version used in the video.

The "It's That Girl" version is an edit of the New Mix/US Remix/Extended Remix - clearly noticable with the echo on "Borderline (borderline, borderline)..." at the second chorus, just like on the New Mix.

The Immaculate Collection version, remixed by Shep Pettibone, is a then-new edit of the the New Mix, done with Q-sound.

The Celebration edit can be identified because of the echo used on "feels like I'm going to lose my mind (mind)".

2 minutes ago, Holger said:

The real 7" Remix by John "Jellybean" Benitez is the best version IMO. That's the version used in the video.

The "It's That Girl" version is an edit of the New Mix/US Remix/Extended Remix - clearly noticable with the echo on "Borderline (borderline, borderline)..." at the second chorus, just like on the New Mix.

The Immaculate Collection version, remixed by Shep Pettibone, is a then-new edit of the the New Mix, done with Q-sound.

The Celebration edit can be identified because of the echo used on "feels like I'm going to lose my mind (mind)".

The version used in the video is not a remix. It’s just an edit of the Album Version.

The Jellybean Remix and Jellybean Remix Edit has all the extra cowbell.

On 7/31/2023 at 12:13 AM, Bjonkers said:

As has been discussed at much length in the past, the Borderline 7" edit is still unavailable online. This was the version used in the music video. It is an edit of the album version without added cowbells and various vocal sound effects.

What was released on the Borderline digital single earlier this year is the Celebration / Immaculate version which is very similar to the 7" Remix. This in itself is an edit of the Extended Version / US Remix / New Mix.

I guess what's confusing for people is that the 7" Remix was used on the commercial releases, but the 7" Edit was used for the video.

The video version / 7" edit is not an edit of the album version…

16 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Was the original 7” version of Borderline ever released on cd? It’s not on the Japanese boxset right?  

it is…cause it’s the original 7" Version.

12 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s on the something to remember album on streaming so no single release is required unless you want that that dreadful b side from sammy Hagar too ? 

I don’t know how many times this has to be discussed but no. The version of STR uploaded on streaming is the version from The Immaculate Collection.

That said, if they were to update STR with the correct version, it still wouldn’t be the original 7" Edit.

Crazy for You has 4 official versions and they are 

- Soundtrack Version 4:12

- Edit/Fade 3:58 (Video Version, released on 7" Singles)

- Q-Sound Mix 3:46

- New Edit [1995 Remaster] 4:04

59 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

The YouTube video you posted IS the 7" single version/video version. I think on some releases it was labeled radio remix or radio version. Record companies aren't great at being consistent with what they call remixes (i.e. US mix vs. New Mix vs. extended mix vs. extended version, etc.).

That version, the It's That Girl version, The Immaculate Collection version and the Celebration version are all very similar in structure and length (approx. 4 minutes). That's what makes it super confusing. The same with "Lucky Star". There are several different versions that are all very similar in length (although the structures aren't as similar to each other as the structures of all the "Borderline" versions).  And don't get me started on "Human Nature" with it's radio version vs radio edit, one of which is a totally different remix altogether. 

Anywho, these are the versions of "Borderline" that I know of, which we also recounted several pages back in this same thread:

• album version 5:18
  • New mix a.k.a. US remix a.k.a extended remix  ~7:00
  • single version a.k.a. edit a.k.a radio version a.k.a remix (no cowbell, used in the video) ~4:00
  • Brazilian single version (an edit of the album version, but not exactly the same structure as the single version) also ~4:00
  • It's that Girl version (w/ cowbell & echo-y vocal and drum effects) also ~4:00
  • The Immaculate Collection version (same as single version, but with cowbell & Q-Sound effects, but no echo-y vocal and drum effects) also ~4:00
  • Celebration version a.k.a 7" version on streaming platforms (super similar to TIC version, but with some echo-y vocal and drum effects, but not exactly the same as the It's That Girl version) also ~4:00

Clear as mud?

Finally someone who got it right. I wanted to rip my hair out reading the 1000th discussion about the Borderline versions a few pages back.

10 minutes ago, Holger said:

Thanks.  I know there are many differences between a lot of these mixes and edits, but they are minimal.  It's interesting to see those are able to break it down and hear all the differences.  At the end of the day,  I don't care who has got it right or wrong. I love all the versions of the song.  There  are far better things in this world to be concerned and argue about.  :luv:

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW