Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

I would be happy with something like this for Don't Tell Me.

1. Radio Edit
  2. Timo Maas Mix
  3. Richard Humpty Vission Remix
  4. Thunderpuss 2001 Hands In The Air Anthem 
  5. Tracy Young Club Mix
  6. Victor Calderone Sensory Mix
  7. Cyber-raga

This is unconfirmed by the way, I was just speculating what I imagine will happen. :)

Edited by BoyToyMark (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I would be happy with something like this for Don't Tell Me.

1. Radio Edit
  2. Timo Maas Mix
  3. Richard Humpty Vission Remix
  4. Thunderpuss 2001 Hands In The Air Anthem 
  5. Tracy Young Club Mix
  6. Victor Calderone Sensory Mix
  7. Cyber-raga

This is unconfirmed by the way, I was just speculating what I imagine will happen. :)

Most are confirmed but I assume we are also getting the extra thunderpuss mixes and the remix edits

On 10/29/2023 at 2:25 AM, Honey Little said:

Does anyone have Madonna’s cell phone number? I would like to talk to her about putting the Brazilian cd for Superstar on streaming and to see if she commissioned more than one remix for the song.

The original idea (because it was a promo with a Brazilian newspaper) was to hire a bunch of Brazilian remixers. Which they did - DirtyLoud, DJ Marky and... a third one I've forgotten. And then for some baffling reason they threw those in the trash and went with just that Eddie Amador remix instead.

8 minutes ago, bertrand said:

The original idea (because it was a promo with a Brazilian newspaper) was to hire a bunch of Brazilian remixers. Which they did - DirtyLoud, DJ Marky and... a third one I've forgotten. And then for some baffling reason they threw those in the trash and went with just that Eddie Amador remix instead.

Is Eddie Amador from Brazil? What a shame about those missing remixes. I would love to get my hands on those.

On 10/27/2023 at 3:18 AM, Roland Barthes said:

On the other hand i don't understand why Orbit got a credit on Frozen when he brought nothing to the demo she did with Leonard so it must be an agreement between them about ther songs on the album but i understand how Leonard could be pissed off about it. Listen to the demo and even the strings are already there. This is why further collabs with Orbit were unfruitful, he did not write the best material on Ray Of Light and NRM is mostly Marius de Vries (same with Skin)

I don't think people realize that William Orbit brought Guitars and atmosphere.... thats it. He had a certain sound that took the demos to a more current (1998), cohesive sound. He wasn't the brains (Melody, Harmony) behind the record. He was used as a remixer like Shep for Immaculate. 

18 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I don't think people realize that William Orbit brought Guitars and atmosphere.... thats it. He had a certain sound that took the demos to a more current (1998), cohesive sound. He wasn't the brains (Melody, Harmony) behind the record. He was used as a remixer like Shep for Immaculate. 

And Nellee Hooper (who was first choice for Ray Of Life along Trent Reznor) on Bedtime Stories and Stuart on Confessions. They only wrote Sorry together but he brought  a track like Get Together to another level, i like the Blooshy & Avant demo a lot, it sounds very melancholic whereas the album version is totally euphoric. Even on MDNA the Orbit tracks were not written by Orbit but by collaborators of his. Ray Of Light chords pre-existed since the 70's and the tracks they actually co-wrote sound quite identical : Beautiful Stranger & Amazing. Gone was written by Damain Le Gassick. I'm not trying to diminish his work and input but it was way overmarketed and overhyped by Madonna and her team as "Madonna's new music genius". He kept saying she produced him, and it's true, she used himas a tool for specific soundbites but DeVries brought the house and ravey mood on Skin & NRM (the latter being very reminiscent of his early work with Bjork like Violently Happy) Frozen and To Have and Not to hold he barely touched them.  I think their work together is done and even overdone. I'm more curious to see her exploring further what they can create with Stuart since she only gave him a chance once on an album (not counting X-Static Process), he can take the tracks she wrote with others in the past year and rework them, that's what he did on Confessions already (except the Mirwais tracks). I believe that was her plan too for Rebel Heart, Avicii was never going to produce the final tracks, just co-writing them with his team.

Agree to a certain extent but hard disagree to another. Melodies and chords can be written on every piano and guitar. It's the producer who does all the graft and gives us the sound. Like a chef. ingredients are ingredients it depends how you use them. A poor chef can spoil the best quality ingredients. Just look at Girl Gone Wild... the wrong ingredients and cooking method were used by The Benassi brothers.

I truly believe if Madonna had come back to us with that Substitute For Love waltz demo it would have been the end of her. It's Enya and the Wales it's so twee and mumsy. The final version of Drowned World is one of the finest things she's ever done. Orbit was literally her saving grace at that period of her career. She was a genius to trust her instincts and employ him. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Agree to a certain extent but hard disagree to another. Melodies and chords can be written on every piano and guitar. It's the producer who does all the graft and gives us the sound. Like a chef. ingredients are ingredients it depends how you use them. A poor chef can spoil the best quality ingredients. Just look at Girl Gone Wild... the wrong ingredients and cooking method were used by The Benassi brothers.

I truly believe if Madonna had come back to us with that Substitute For Love waltz demo it would have been the end of her. It's Enya and the Wales it's so twee and mumsy. The final version of Drowned World is one of the finest things she's ever done. Orbit was literally her saving grace at that period of her career. She was a genius to trust her instincts and employ him. 

I agree, those early ROL demo's where very dated in their sound - even the original Frozen.

If you listen to the original Pat Leonard demo to Frozen against the final version - there's a massive step change in sound and added elements - one while great, was very dated in its sound - the other cooler, edgier and current at the time. 

What Orbit did was a genius - all those elements,  the 'production' really elevated those demo's to an album that redefined a new era for Madonna - far more so that what Pat Leonard could have done just on his own.

So do we reckon Don’t Tell Me is definitely next, in a couple of weeks time? 

Strange to think that Cyber Raga will be on streaming before Ain’t No Big Deal, when that song was used as a b-side on Dress You Up (Japan), Papa Don’t Preach (UK/Germany) and True Blue (US/Japan). 

51 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

So do we reckon Don’t Tell Me is definitely next, in a couple of weeks time? 

Strange to think that Cyber Raga will be on streaming before Ain’t No Big Deal, when that song was used as a b-side on Dress You Up (Japan), Papa Don’t Preach (UK/Germany) and True Blue (US/Japan). 

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think they care about what was included in a single in Japan, they're following the US releases.  The good news is the radio edit and extended dance remixes of True blue are still unreleased on streaming (correct me if I'm wrong), so that maxi single might be coming

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I think you're right, I was just looking at Wikipedia. So it's just the radio edit then? It doesn't look good... Aha

They still can put edits and mixes in one place for a single, if those are already there, it's going to be easier than putting 90s and 00s singles. No need to go through the whole procedure.

On 10/29/2023 at 3:25 AM, Honey Little said:

Does anyone have Madonna’s cell phone number? I would like to talk to her about putting the Brazilian cd for Superstar on streaming and to see if she commissioned more than one remix for the song.

Is this album available in Argentina through YouTube Music? If not, try use a Brazilian VPN:

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBJogxknWYjZWr-viP504PHrvmb9dRsM4&si=HqfkjUIojAKeR6jb

Proof it's available here in Brazil:

127114223_Screenshot_20231101_082955_YouTubeMusic.thumb.jpg.af4c472e1819135ace91e7ac099fb083.jpg

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW